Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April

Today I did Body Beast - Bulk: Arms. Had another great workout. I really like the bulk workouts, they are right up my alley!!! I still need to be careful, but I worked my arms good today.

I also got on my treadmill and walked 1.5 miles.

Diane Sue - I know what you mean with the HR monitors. It's just frustrating. I'll take whatever Fitbit gives me, I'm done getting all worked up about it. LOL!!! It's not worth it.

Debbie, I was just looing for the new thread and about to start one myself :) I don't worry so much about the calorie burn that the monitors give me. Sometimes it frustrates me when I know I am really working hard and it gives me very little. Anyway, results are what matters. I really liked the bulk phase of Body Beast. It is good to be careful. When my knee finally went out on me I was on the end of a second round of Body Beast and wanted to really up the weights. I think I lost my form somewhat and my unbalanced self injured itself. I could tell my knees were falling in a bit. It may have already been coming but, that pushed it over the edge.

Today I did P90X3 Cold Start warm up, I kind of like this and thought it would be good before I hit the weights. This was 12 minutes, 35 calories. I then did Ripped with Hiit Back, shoulders, and Biceps, 52 minutes, 190 calories. I did the band work but I was really careful. Last time I did back instead of the band pulls I just did rows with the band. I did Ab Circuits stability ball abs, 20 minutes, 56 calories and finished off with P90X3 Isometrix, 30 minutes, 101 calories. This is really all balance work like you would do in yoga without all of the flow. You hold the poses for 45 seconds. It is quite challenging and I am trying to add in more balance work here and there. Total calories today was only 383, but then it was not a cardio workout either:) I have been tracking some things with the Arthritis Foundations Track and React App.

Roselyn, Good work. I like the way Crossfire and To the Max are formatted. It makes it easy to add on a segment for a quick bit of cardio.

Today I did Body Beast - Bulk: Back. Had another great workout, I really love this week's workouts. I'm even liking Sergie a bit more, he's actually sort of funny in these workouts. Maybe I'm just getting used to him?

Also got on my treadmill and walked 2 miles.

Roselyn - Are you already on the Bulk workouts? I thought you had at least one more week before those kick in. Aren't they awesome workouts?

Diane Sue - I agree, results are what matter. The numbers of calorie burn really doesn't, but I know what you mean. It is frustrating when you don't get high calorie burns. Ouch on the knee, I remember that. I haven't done any leg workouts and I'm afraid to do the leg one. It is long and goes on and on. I may try it next week with very light weights and see how I do.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Plyo Hiit 2, 27 minutes. 215 calories, avg hr 139/max 163, I then did X Train Tabatacise tabatas 4 and 5 with recovery blasts, 13 minutes, 116 calories. I also did Lift it Hit it timesaver 2 , chest and triceps, 29 minutes, 133 calories. I finished of with STS extended stretch, 15 minutes, 40 calories. Total time 84 minutes, calories burned 504.

Today I did Body Beast - Bulk: Shoulders. Another great workout. I love the bulk workouts, they are my favorite. I really like how they do different things for each set - like progressive sets, super sets, etc. It's no all just single sets. The time flies by.

I also walked on my treadmill for 2 miles. Gotta get my steps in!!!

Roselyn - I thought you were at least two weeks behind me, not just days. You didn't order your set until I was doing the workouts for a week I thought? I am doing the Lean rotation and I'm on Block 2 -Bulk and I just finished week 1. I thought you would still be on Block 1 possibly week 3 this week? I could be wrong, I was just surprised to see you are just a couple days behind me. Aren't the Bulk workouts awesome????

Debbie, I started body beast around march 10, well i got them the 10th and started the next day, maybe i accidentally got off track, uh oh i started bulk and i do like them.

Today I did Cardio Core Circuit Express pre-mix. 34 minutes, 200 calories. Then I did P90X2 Ab Ripper, 16 minutes, 42 calories. I really wanted to do the Kelly Coffey Slim Sculpting kettlebell workout core abs or P90X3 CVX. After Cardio Core Circuit and looking at CVX I changed my mind. I really should make a plan, and I would not waste so much time. CVX had more impact moves and since I did that yesterday I decided not with doing CCC. Anyway time was 82 minutes and calories burned 352. Total time was 82 minutes and calories burned 352. Not a lot but I was okay with it. Had to go shopping for Easter family dinner. Some other errands too.

Last edited:
Today I did Les Mills Combat Ultimate Warrior, 54 minutes, 325 calories. I then did X Train Hard Strikes Heavy Bag tabatas 13 minutes, 77 calories. I then did Z Cut power youga series 1, crescent, chair, warrior, and cool down, 26 minutes, 123 calories. I have only done the chair series. once. That one is a chair hold, roll back with legs up , roll up. move to plank, push up, stamd. jump, back to plank and burpee. She starts with 4 reps, 5 reps, then 6 then 7 then 8 reps. Total time was 95 minutes and calories burned 525. Getting ready for family to come tomorrow afternoon for Easter celebration.

Normally I take Sundays off from working out but today I did Tae Cheng Neural Reboot and the first phase tai chi moves. Just needed some good stretching and mobility stuff. I hope everyone had a nice Easter. We had the family all come over and had a nice time.

Today I did Body Beast - Bulk: Chest again. This time I knew what to expect and had an excellent workout. I really, really like these workouts. My chest was PUMPED!!! LOL!!!

I also walked on my treadmill for 3 miles. I already have my 10k steps in. :)

Diane Sue - Nice job yesterday!! Stretching is always good!

Hope you both had a great Easter!!!

Today I did High Reps, 65 minutes and TRX Essential Flexibility 30 minutes, Total 95 minutes and calories burned was 270. Not so great of a burn but I know I worked hard. I went a bit heavier on most and I was really working up a sweat. No cardio today. I was tired. I have been coughing a lot with my allergies at night. Also Easter goodies probably didn't help either.

Debbie, nice work on getting all of your steps in :) LOL on the pumped chest.

Today I did Body Beast - Bulk: Legs. First time doing this one because my knees were bothering me last week. I liked it, he has some good exercises on this one. I really felt it. Skipped the side to side squats and the calf raises. I got on my treadmill and walked .75 miles. I wanted to get some steps in. Had an excellent workout.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low impact Hiit 2 , no stretch, 25 minutes, 170 calories, followed by All out Low Impact Hiit, 59 minutes, 234 calories. I wanted to get in some extra balance work today so did budokon strength and balance, 35 minutes, 102 calories. I fogot how many plow to up off the floor moves there are in this. This was always my favorite of the 4 that I . I never mastered the agility one. Total time was 99 minutes and calories burned 506.

Today I did Body Beast - Bulk: Arms. Had another great workout. This one is hard to go heavy with because of all the sets he does, but I like it that way. I also got on my treadmill for about .75 miles just to get some steps in.

Today I did Cathe's Lower Body Blast with the conditioning drills, 76 minutes, 372 calories. I am thinking high rep workouts are not knee friendly. Just saying! I can feel i6. Anyway, I finished with Tracey Staehle Core Blast standing weights and bosu, 11 minutes, 41 calories, and her Yoga Solutions premix. post kickbox, 19 min, 30 calories.

Today I did Body Beast - Bulk: Back. Had a great workout again. I don't care for working my back, but I do like this workout. I also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Today I did T25 Rip't Up, 28 minutes, 129 calories. I then did Ripped with Hiit Upper Circuit timesaver premix, 34 minutes, 171 calories. I finished with 17 minutes of P90X 3 Pilates, 40 calories. I had a lot going on here and stopped at that point. Total time was 79 minutes and calories burned 340.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.