Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2019

Good morning,

D30 lower body is done. First she did a DB exercise followed by gliders. On the end she did surrenders as a bonus round. I modified by doing a squat/lung back instead.

Diane - sorry you having sleeping problems. Maybe a walk in the evening would help.
Boy was I tired after that long walk plus my TB workout. I ended up resting in the afternoon. Well, still had some stuff to do for work.

Roxie - great job on that walk last night.

I will try to be back later, if not have a great day and workout.

I'm feeling much better today, that pain is almost gone. I slept really good, we bought an air mattress and it has done wonders for my sleeping and achy muscles. I'm now wondering if my old Tempurpedic mattress has been some of the cause of the muscle soreness? We used to sleep on air mattresses all the time but then got tired of replacing them when they would start to leak. they've come a long way since then so we are trying again. Really, the air mattress is the only one that is the best for my body. I love it. Anyways, the pain I was feeling I think came from those rows that Kelly does while sitting on the bench. The DB's are by your feet and you pull the weights towards you doing a row. I like the exercise but wondering if I went too heavy and it strained something. Last night I told my DH that if it didn't go away I would see my doctor. I was thinking it was my appendix. Yikes!!

So I took it easy today and walked on my treadmill. Felt good to just walk and I burned some pretty good calories.

42 minutes total time, burned 251 calories, went 2.06 miles and did 4975 steps. HR was 111/133 so a good range for burning fat.

Tomorrow I have to be at work early so not sure what I'm going to do yet. Maybe a 30 minute weight workout by Kelly.

Jolie - I am having the same issue with muscles - I am leaned out and cut but my muscles aren't like they used to be. Can't figure out why? Age? I started using whey protein powder again and I'll see if that makes a difference. So far the whey hasn't bothered my stomach, that's why I stopped using it. My muscles look flat to me, not at all what they used to be. Hope your house stuff is final tomorrow.

Belinda - Nice job on your workout yesterday and the 6 mile walk - and this morning as well. Wow. Burning some major calories!!!

Diane - Great job with your workouts yesterday. I wish Kelly would put the full DVD's on her streaming but I understand why she can't. That would be awesome. It's weird how she dropped her subscription price from $9.99 when I joined to $6.99. She changed it last summer for a summer deal but never went back to the $9.99. I'm not complaining but I wonder if she realizes it? I need to check out her newer workouts. How do you find all this stuff out about her? FB?

Roxie - Nice with the walk, I love walking. I really wish there was someone close to me who would walk with me. My sister-in-law, who lives like 10 houses down from me used to walk with me but then she turned into a hypochondriac and is sick all the time or is in pain or whatever she makes up that day. We'd do good for a couple weeks with walking and then she would start making up excuses. I stopped asking. Oh well...

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Debbie, I find those seated rows from the floor require lighter weight. Everything in the upper body tightens to pull the weights from that position. I belong to a facebook group that Kelly is highly involved in. You have to ask to join and their are two administrators. Kelly answers questions and offers help to those with questions. She will answer questions and stuff on her facebook, but I think a bit more personal and lets the ladies know what upcoming plans and ideas are and gets feedback. I am not done with my workout, but today I did the Athletic training #1 she does with her 13 year old niece. It involves a med ball 5-10# and not a lot of impact. She gives lots of form pointers. I couldn't find it at first but saw it was posted yesterday. It was in the all raw workouts and not in a new folder yet.
Everytime I sleep on the upstairs sofa bed because of coughing and not wanting to keep dh awake when he has to go to work, I have terrible back pain. I even have put memory foam over the top. My bed is much better and we have a 3 inch memory foam on top of the mattress. Still I wake sometimes with back and neck pain. I think the neck more from the way I sleep and head rolling off the pillow. We used to have a water bed and I figured out that that was the problem with my back there, as we were in a hotel and no problems sleeping on a mattress. That is when we went back to a regular bed. Maybe it is just my getting older LOL

Today I am taking one more rest day to finish the majority of my packing. My mom is leaving tomorrow so I need her to motivate me to finish! It is more fun when you are packing with a friend vs. by yourself.

Debbie, I too believe your mattress can dictate how you feel physically. I sleep on a super hard bed with a memory foam topper and it is they only way my back feels good. good luck with the air mattress, I hope that helps!

Belinda, nice workout today, I love to walk in the evening too, the fresh air makes you sleep so good!!!!!!!!

Diane Sue, I know about bad sleep myself. I have been struggling lately with the stress of moving and it is really affecting me in every aspect of life.

Have a nice day.

My workout is done. Coffey Fit Raw Athletic Training #1, 28 minutes, heart rate 135 average, 165 max, 169 calories, 1,936 steps. I then did Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower Body , 41 minutes, 212 calories, met 6.0, 1,065 steps, heart rate average 109, max 145. I wanted a bit more cardio so did Lite Cardio Party Calorie crush on the step, 16 minutes, met 9.0, 116 calories, heart rate average 157, max 188, 1,520 steps. Finished with Lite extended stretch #1 , 13 minutes, 35 calories, met 3.0, 20 steps. Total time was 98 minutes, 532 calories, 4,541 steps.
Stacked sets lower body weights
Round 1 A and Round 1 B weights
barbell squats 30# 32 reps 30# 32 reps
alternating cross tap lunges 10# dbs 12# dbs 10# dbs 12 # dbs
barbell plie squats 30# 32 reps 30# 32 reps
alternating rear lunge with 2/2 deadlift 12# dbs 10 reps 12# dbs 10 reps
side to side pivoting squats 15# db 38 reps 15# db 38 reps

Round 2 A and Round 2 B
static lunges 15# dbs 32 reps 15# dbs 32 reps (up from last time)
wide squat to side lunge 10# 12 reps 10# 12 reps
wide stance deadlift 35# barbell 10 reps 35# 10 reps
forward-diagonal lunge combo 12# 24 reps 15# 24 reps ( up from last time which was 10# for both round)
side/crossback/side lunge combo 12# db 12 reps 12# db 12 reps

Roxie, nice to get out before colder weather. It is already cooler today here, but not as cold as it will be. That is why I got out and did some yard work and I may get out today to clean up the leaves the high winds blew yesterday.

Belinda, great job with the workout. I am finding when I get outside it helps me sleep better. I usually avoid it because of allergies. I have been working with some dietary things to help with histamine and a special probiotic along with Boiron natural allergy formulas and have been able to get out a bit without as bad of a reaction, so far.

Good Evening,

I did KCM Build and Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion after work. It was 85 yesterday flurrying today stupid weather.

Debbie-KCM did a life chat on Facebook last week it was cool. We bought a sleep number and it makes a big difference.

Diane Sue- the wind is really blowing here

Reactions: WD
Roxie, I felt like the heat we just had up to almost 90 was a reminder of how miserable the heat can be :) I am not in a hurry for that either. Would be awesome to have perfect weather all of the time. We will have frost and rain here. I enjoyed both of Kelly's Live chats and everyone able to ask questions and comment.

Roselyn, nice work.

Good morning,

D31 AAA (Arms, abs + A$#) is done. I will do a nice stretch later. My hips are tight with all those butt/band workouts.

I need to get a good stretch in. BBL I hope!

No time today but wanted to say I did walk on my treadmill for about 30 minutes. I am still having that pain and trying to get in with my doctor, starting to wonder if it's a kidney stone? I wanted to do my Max Trainer today but didn't want to make this worse. So frustrated, if it's not one thing it's another. I just want to feel good and be able to workout like I used to. These things side-lining me are really making me mad.

Hope you all have a great workout today!!

• Sad
Today I did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2 both combined workouts, 49 minutes, 360 calories, met 8.3, heart rate average 150, max 175, 4,641 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #3, 27 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 157, 196 calories, met 8.5, 1,879 steps.
Total time was 76 minutes, 556 calories, 6,520 steps. I have to run errands and get a package sent off.

Debbie, I hope the doctor has an answer and it is not anything serious.

Belinda, nice work today. I hope you can get a good stretch in.

I am really enjoying taking a few days off, my body is loving it so today is still going to be a rest day. Tomorrow I will start back at it again, it has been a long time since I have taken numerous days off in a row. The stress of my house not closing is taking its toll so the time off feels right. The lady buying my house keeps kicking out the close date because her house isn't closing! Starting now, for every 3 days she kicks out the close date she owes us $5000. If she backs out the sale of the house she owes us $35,000. I don't believe she will back out but she will close late and that money will pay for the moving costs and a new washer and dryer! :)

Great job ladies on the workouts!

I will check back in tomorrow because I am going to workout and I will be posting it!

I am now going to clean a ton of veggies and some apples and make a killer green juice for the next couple of days.

Happy Saturday! Today I am back at it, but I am a bit light headed today when I did my cardio?! Todays workout was Yvette Bachman Low Impact Class with a 4 riser step, weights focusing on Chest, Triceps, Abs and cardio. I really liked this workout, I modified only a few exercises and did a lot of jumping jacks and squats at the end. Todays calorie burn was 651 but I am now at 700 just 5 minutes after the workout ended. I get a pretty big after burn due to getting my heart rate up so high during the workout. It really takes me a long time to cool down after these workouts. My average heart rate was 133 and max was 168. I worked out on my drive way today, it is clear skies and beautiful and will get to 80 degrees today. My neighbors think I am nuts watching me workout :)

My house did not close yet so the owner had to deliver $5000 dollars to me last night since she is breeching her contract. If she doesnt close by Tuesday she owes me another $5000. I will take it, this is above and beyond what the purchase price of the home was for :) My realtor thinks is will close by Tuesday, it killed her to cut a $5K check to me...

Have a wonderful day and I hope you all have fantastic workouts today. I am going to the beach to go shopping and to get out of the house, I have been held up packing and I have to get out!

Today I did Lite Metabolic Basic Mix #10, main+ calorie crush+Pyramid Pump back+abs #2+ extended stretch #2, (I had to lower the metabolic rate on this from 7.10 to 6.1, 400 calories, heart rate average 110, max 163, 76 minutes, 2,781 steps. I will be back in awhile. DH and I have some things to go out and do today.

We went to the farmers market this morning. We didn't get our workout in until the afternoon, Today was cardio. Great workout.

Jolie - sorry for your house not closing yet. Glad you making $$ instead, lol :) Nice calorie burn today.

Debbie - I hope your doctor finds out what is going on. I know how you feel. Been there a few years ago.

Roselyn - great job today.

Diane - wtg, on your workout today. How you like Lite so far?

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. Good night everyone.

Belinda nice work. As far as I know there is not a farmers market close. I used to go to one before we moved if I could get up aND out early enough..

Jolie, that lady must be anxious to close. 5000, is a lot to put up exrra. The is the Yvette workout that I did. Nice work.

Good morning,

D33 Booty is done. I only used one loop instead of doubling up. I think my booty/hip is sore 7 day's a week from all the band/gliders workouts.

Diane - all the farmers are local. Our farmers market is right in town. The farmers market has a lot of different produce. A few farmers from last year are not in that one? I was told they at the Sunday's farmers market which is in the next town, that market is very small. Not worth driving, IMO! I did order my weekly mixed salads from one of the farmer which is now in the other town. He had the best salad mix. I do want to support the local farmers, wished their prices aren't so high. I get organic produce much cheaper at Whole Foods or Costco. Probably not as fresh. We eat a lot of salad. At the farmers market they want for a small bag $5, it would last me for one meal. At Costco I buy the organic salad less than $5 it last me 3 meals. I picked up a grown WV produce is called "ramps" which I buy at the market. It's in season now. https://wildwestvirginiaramps.com/ramps-west-virginia/ We really like it :) I also picked up purple (blue) potatoes which we like. I probably will not go every weekly. We shall see. We also have a farmers store in town. All the farmers market produce you get at the store during the week. Our market starts at 8 am to 12 pm. You have to get up early too or they will sell out. I saw on the FB page they served 1400 people on Saturday. Not sure how they counted all those people? LOL! The farmers market has live music/food/coffee. It's a good size market. I like going to the market and talk to the farmers. Last year I signed up for CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) you buy a share up front and every week you get a bag full of produce/eggs. Last year I got so tired of eating kale and zucchini. I can't eat zucchini. I don't think I will buy a CSA this year.

BBL!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.