Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2019

Today I did Cathe Live Pumped Upper Body - I did this one back in February and upped the weights a bit. Holy smokes, what a great workout this is. I skipped the ab work, needed to do stretches.

3 times through each round.

ROUND 1
Warm up w/5# dumbbells
Sweeper Curls: 17.5's - 10 reps
Upright Row: 15's/15's/12's - 16,12,8 reps

ROUND 2
W Curls:
10's - 8 reps
Front Raise: 12# - 12 reps
3 times
Isolation Curls: 10's - holds and various counts

ROUND 3
Dips:
32 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 15's - 8 reps alternating/8 reps together
Rear Delt Fly: 12's - 10 reps w/ 8 reps chaser set (last time she did 8 and 8)
Pullovers: 25# - 8 reps

ROUND 4
Push ups
using step variations all 3 sets
Chest Fly: 17.5's - 10 reps and 12 reps final set
Seated Overhead Press: 12's - 12 reps and 10 reps final set
Lying Triceps Extension: 12's - 8 reps with partials and final set 5 partials

ROUND 5
One Arm Row:
25# - 16 reps
Lateral Raise: 5's - 32 reps

ABS
Bicycles -
skipped
Reverse Crunch - skipped
Leg Shooters (V-Ups) - skipped
L Crunch - skipped
Leg Chasers - skipped
2 times but last set was shorter

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 386 calories and HR was 149/193.

I don't have time for personals today but you all are doing fantastic with your workouts! Diane, thanks for the info on the greens drinks, I may look into that.

Have great workouts everyone, I'll try to come back later!

Reactions: WD
My workout today was Raw Metabolic 6 & 6, 33 minutes, met 7.8, 242 calories, 912 steps, heart rate average 113, max 148. Raw cardio and floor finisher 2 (from Sculpting RX) 19 minutes, met 5.5, 100 calories, heart rate average 112, max 170? 758 steps, finishing with Ice to the mat time saver all ball , 21 minutes, met 4.0(workout manager has 6.0) 68 calories, heart rate average 86, max 120, 119 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 410 calories, Steps 1,789.
Raw Metabolic 6 & 6 each of 5 moves done for 30 seconds in 6 rounds I used 1# weight gloves & 12# dbs
side lunge to overhead press alternating sides
renegade row with push ups between right and left
skater swings double arm from sides
alternating lunges
connected push ups
sit ups with dbs

Debbie, nice job with the live Pumped Up Upper Body. Aren't the 17.5 # Bowflex weights convenient :)

Today I had my final walk through and boy was that weird. The lady buying my house is an attorney and thinks everything or everyone is trying to screw her over somehow. She was so negative and scared about every little thing that had to be fixed, which was only handy man work. Anyway, we have a few more things to fix and it is supposed to close escrow on Wed. Thank God! This was a long and exhausting process for me and for all of you since I looped you all into my agony! :) Anyway, tomorrow will be an Yvette workout, I will preview on youtube tonight and decide which one I will do.

Great workouts everyone! It is 90 degrees here today and its only supposed to cool off to 62 degrees tonight. Tomorrow it is supposed to cool off a little.

Jolie, I am sure that you will be glad when closing is over. Have fun with your workout tomorrow. It got to 80 here today. Odd that it seems like we just had a freeze and now it is hot.

Good morning,

D28 cardio (HiiT/Core) is done. Very fun workout. I really like her cardio/core workout. I know some people don't like it.

Jolie - it's almost over. Than you can relax in your new house. Have fun with your workout today.

Have a great workout everyone. BBL!

Today I did the Max Trainer 14 minute interval workout and did it with no problem. In fact, I went higher than the workout specified for the intervals. Intervals were 25 seconds with 1:30 rest time. This seemed too easy for me but then I upped the resistance to 5 and 6 and that made a difference. I need to read more about this because the app I downloaded, which claimed it has unlimited workouts, is only showing 3. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Love this machine, no impact, and my joints and muscles feel fine on it.

I also did half of Cathe Live's In The Ring from 4/4/19. Fun workout, it mixes kickboxing and some bag workout, although I didn't get my bag out for it because I wasn't sure it was a bag workout. I used my 2# gloves for part of it and then my shoulders started to really feel it. This is a fun workout, can't wait to do it all the way through.

MT workout: 14 minutes, burned 90 calories, went .35 miles and did 901 steps. HR was 131/157.

In the Ring: 30 minutes, burned 219 calories and HR was 139/189.

Diane - Great job with your workout yesterday, I need to pull out Sculpting RX again, I love that workout. We are getting the same type of weather as you, the weekend before we got 2 inches of snow, this past weekend it was in the upper 70's. So weird. And yes, using the bowflex weights for weird poundage is awesome. I love those but they are almost too large to do certain exercises with. I'm learning which exercises work the best with them, though.

Jolie - So when do you guys have to be out of your house? Sorry the lady buying the house is giving you issues, WTH? Hope she doesn't bother you after the sale goes through when she moves in, I don't think she can but you never know. I'm sure you'll be glad when it's all over. It is slowly getting warmer here, in the 70's the last couple days which has been wonderful. It's supposed to get cold again this weekend, though. :(

Belinda - Great job with today's workout, glad you are enjoying them so much. Makes it so much better to do them!

Roxie - How are you doing?

Roselyn - How are thing with your schooling? What are you learning now?

Have great workouts everyone!!

Debbie, nice workout this morning. I saw that In the Ring live workout and thought it would be a good one. The title made me think of Amy Bento's In the Ring Workout. She had sent out a sound track to it with the dvd and I would listen to it when doing other workouts, as I loved that soundtrack. I still have it. It was good for running on the treadmill. I should pull it out again. I have not done that workout in a long time.
Yes, it does take a bit of learning on the Bowflex weights for which exercises they work for. I sometimes think that I need to go buy another pair of 20# dumbbells for my workout room since I let my husband have my 20's and I have to use the Bowflex weights for 20# in my workouts, which is not always comfortable. When I can I up the weight to 25# or add weighted gloves to 15# if need be. I do wish the Bowflex weights were not so big. They are even big for the low end weights. Fast paced weight workout is more difficult with the Bowflex weights. I find them best for lower rep slower workouts. But, they are still great for many things.

Belinda I would probably like the Cardio Core workout. I like doing that type of work. .

Let me start off by saying I was up at 3am I couldn't sleep, too stressed out. I got about 5 hours of sleep compared to my usual 9 hours. I did Yvette's Step/Heavy Weights/ and core circuit, Holy Crap! It focused on Chest, Shoulders and Triceps with blasts of step work, and core. I actually have a six pack right now from doing so much core work the last two months. I am defiantly getting in better shape, The workouts are getting a little easier, and I mean a little easier! Workout was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned 595 calories. I am dripping wet and almost lost my shorts doing jumping jacks :) My mid section is really looking good but my pants and shorts are too loose...
Average heart rate was 128 and max was 171. I am dead but my stress is lower. Now I have to get ready to have a contractor back to fix a few things today and hopefully it will soon be over.

Debbie, nice workout today, I am glad you are loving your new machine. I am going to try Yvette's kickboxing workouts but Im a little scared:) If they are anything like her other workouts I am in for it!

Have nice workouts today everyone, I will check back in later if I am not asleep!

My workout took too long. I should watch those YouTube workouts before I do them. I started with P90X2 Warm up and foam roller from PAP lower, 15 minutes, met 4.0, 53 calories, 387 steps. I then did Yvette Bachman Low Impact Step workout. It was not really a just step workout!! It was circuits with a med ball? ( I question this as they did not seem like their balls were all that heavy and I used a 10#) The also used pretty heavy weights with emphasis on chest and triceps for 5-8 reps. I really did not want to do weights today. Anyway, I did the first half which for them ended at 26 minutes(31 for me trying to write and get equipment), heart rate average was 132, max 168, 1,570 steps, met 7.0, 186 calories. I stopped where they were getting ready to do bench press again which I gathered meant they were going to repeat it. I then decided to do the kickboxing cardio one that said it had no equipment and was around 45 minutes. This did not require anything. They looked like they were wearing weighted gloves and I wore my 1.5# gloves. I hate speed bags!! She does this a lot. I wanted lower impact and this had plyo jumps and lots of jacks built in. Workout was 47 minutes, met 10.0, 328 calories, 3,899 steps, heart rate average was 138, max 168. I finished off with Lite abs #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories, 77 steps, heart rate 97 average, 122 max. Total time was 1 hour 44 minutes, 598 calories, 5,933 steps.
To be honest, I do not think that I enjoy Yvette's workouts. I have done four of them now. The one with the Bosu was an Hiit bosu and weight workout. It was a tough one. That was a long time ago. I think I would rather stick with instructors I know.

Jolie, does Yvette have any just weight workouts?? She does come up with some new moves here and there for abs and core. Idk, I just have not cared for my choices. I liked the low rep weights. I did not need weights today though. As it is my neck is sore and my right lat is sore today. Legs are sore, so these workouts were making me feel more beat up after yesterday's metabolic workout from Kelly. I was surprised when her low impact workout she was doing high impact and showing how you could do it. Like the burpees, floor jacks and jumping on to the step.
You will have your papers signed and maybe the stress will let up some tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you. I am glad the workout helped.

Good Morning,

Sorry I haven’t been posting much I have been busy but not working out which is really starting to irritate me I don’t know why my motivation has Up and left I think it’s because the weather just isn’t allowing us to go laying yet by now we have been there several times in past years and all of our lakes are flooded. I am still fighting sinus crap but there is a lot of burning going on so the air is filled with smoke an my allergies are going crazy.

Good morning,

D29 TB is done. Holy crap!!! That one was tough. She did a few exercises getting up/down. My knee started to hurt really bad. Had to modify that one on my own, the modifier was doing the up/down :( There was another move were you do triceps dips on the floor than swing around. Not happing with my back. I just did dips. Those are the only 2 moves I had to modify. I will google on how to modify those 2 moves today. Maybe I can find something?

Happy Hump Day, everyone. Going for a walk with the lady I met at the wine gathering. She lives in my neighbor. I will catch up on personal later.

Today I did Kelly's Sculpting RX and did Workouk 1. Had a great workout. I haven't done this one since last November. I am having some pain in my left side and left side back. It goes all the way around. I can't tell what it is. Not sure if it's muscle tightness, gas or something going on with whatever organ is there. It's not painful but very uncomfortable. If it doesn't go away I may call my doctor. Weird.

10 reps each exercise, each superset was done twice
Biceps/Legs
Hammer Curls
(right, then left, then release) - 15's
Squat Out & Hold 3 Counts - 12's

Front Curls - 15's
Front Lunge on Step w/Knee raise - 12's

Alternate Supinated Curls - 15's
Squat, Fold and Deadlift - 12's (love this exercise)

Back/Shoulders
One Arm Underhand Row
- 22.5#
Front Raise - 15#

Double Arm Row - 15's
Lateral Raise - 8's

Seated Rows from Feet - 15's
Shoulder Press 1 & 1.5 presses - 8's

Chest/Triceps
Flyes w/Pinky's together
- 22.5's
Skull Crushers - 12's

Bench Press - 20's
Alternate Seated Kickbacks - 8's

Pushups - Holding the down position for about 3 seconds (did 1st set on toes, 2nd on knees)
Dips - 3 pulses each rep ten times

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 251 calories. HR was 123/172.

Diane - I think I have Amy Bento's "In the Ring" too. I have a hard time using DVD's anymore, I'm spoiled with the online workouts. It was tough for me to put the Sculpting RX DVD in the player. LOL!! I also don't think the Yvette workouts are for me, I just cannot handle all that jumping and high impact. It looks like that is all her workouts are. However, they do look fun and I wish I could do them.

Jolie - Wow girl, you must look amazing right now!! Nice job! And nice job with the Yvette workout, I honestly don't think I can do them, even on a good day when I have no muscle tightness at all. You are da bomb!!! Let me know how her Kickboxing workouts are, I bet they are very high in impact. Nice job with your killer workout yesterday!!!

Roselyn - How fun!! Braiding, I used to love doing that to my hair when it was long. Good job with the GS workout!

Roxie - Hope things get better for you and hope you get your motivation back. Don't forget that summer is right around the corner!!

Belinda - Good job modifying when you had to, no sense in hurting yourself. Hope your knees are ok. Have fun on your walk! Wish I had someone to walk with. Come move close to me!! LOL!!

Have great workouts today everyone!!

Yes, Yvette's workouts are high impact, but do I do that while working out?, No! I modify her high impact exercises with something of MY choice, which is low impact or no impact, like squats, all types, other exercises that work for me. I still get the best workout in with really high calorie burns. I have also learned so many leg moves on the step I tend to stick those in when need be as well. I added a few risers yesterday to 5 and I did leg presses with DB's when she was doing some wild jumping move. I have always had to do this with Cathe's workouts as well, I could never to do the pushups or lunges that she does so much of.

Today is a rest day, my mom is coming to help me pack. Today the house was supposed to close but it looks like Friday now. Something is late on the sale of her house so it is pushing it all back. NO big deal, we are renting back almost two weeks anyways.

Debbie, I am looking so much leaner but I just don't get the muscle tone like I used to when I was younger:( However, I like being leaner and I am strong and can now get through the hardest workouts. Great job with your workout today. You could do an Yvette workout, you would just have to modify like me. I cant wait to try her kickboxing workouts, the only thing that scares me is kicking hurts my right knee and it also makes my hip flexors sore and tight. When I was doing all of the Powerstrike workouts is when my back was going out too. I have no soreness or back issues with my current workouts!! :)

Diane Sue, there are a few workouts that are shorter but I thing they all have a little cardio in them . One that I want to try is called 20 minute cardio and Upper Body workout. Also, you can do her workouts and while she is doing her cardio jump on you tread climber or something like that.

Belinda, great workout today girl!!!! I had a really tough one yesterday myself, slept like a baby last night!

Gotta run, I will check back in later.

I also walked 6 miles :) My legs are like jello.

Jolie - I slept like a rock last night too. I have a feeling I will sleep good tonight too. Good job with your workouts. You are killing it! When will you move into your new house?

Debbie - I wished I lived closer to you, that would be fun walking with you. I am glad I found someone to walk with too. The lady had knee surgery, she can't walk long distance yet. I walked to her house (1.5 miles too and from). I sure got a good walk in. You are right it makes no sense hurting myself. Once my knee started to hurt really bad, I stopped going down/up. My knee didn't like that move. I can't do any kneeling at all with my knees not to mention doing for 16 reps each leg. I agree, with you on Yvettes workouts they are too much jumping around. LOL, on bringing yourself to put in a dvd. I can't remember the last time I played a dvd. I think the dvd era is going to an end.

Roxie - hang in there! Hope things get better soon.

Roselyn - nice job with GS yesterday.

Diane - I was getting tired just reading all your workouts. Nicely done! I ended up doing another workout yesterday too. Had it saved on YT for over 5 years. It was a dance workout. It was so much fun. What took me so long to do that workout? Wished I done it earlier.

BBL!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio Both combined, 57 minutes, 389 calories, met 8.0, 4,988 steps, heart rate average 139, max 167. I then did Rev'd Up Rumble Calorie Crush (rebounder for some of the impact) 9 minutes, met 9.0 (I lowered the met .3) 81 calories, 946 steps, heart rate 127 average, max 150. I finished with Cathe's Yoga Max time saver #1, 33 minutes, 80 calories, met 3.0, 28 steps, heart rate 86 average, 118 max. Total time was 99 minutes, 550 calories, 5,962 steps.

Debbie, I think Kelly is supposed to put some pre-mixes from Sculpting RX and Step Boxing 2 on her Raw channel. I thought she said last night it was done, but I did not see it today. She said her husband does it for her and since he had the hip replacement surgery it has slowed getting things up. That is not word for word, but my version of what I read :) I don't really mind going from one to the other. I find myself wasting too much time looking at all of the streaming choices and checking my notes on certain workouts, or the time lengths. That pain does sound odd. Hopefully it just goes away. Always worrisome when we can't place what the problem is.

Belinda, I wish I could sleep like a rock. I did get more sleep and a good amount of deep sleep night before last and the only thing I can think of that helped was the reishi mushroom elixer from Four Sigmatic that I added to my decaf iced coffee with dinner that evening. That is great that you enjoyed the You Tube dance workout. :)

Jolie, I had that happen with closing on one of our houses. It seemed the realtor from out of town did not get some paperwork in that had to be in on a specific date and they had to change the day for closing. It was really upsetting and if I remember right she said something to the effect that I was at fault, but the place said it was hers as she should have known since she is the realtor and that is what I was using her for.
You will get it closed. Good luck with the packing. I did see the short workout when looking through them on Yvette's youtube channel.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.