Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2019

No workout today, I have contractors here again today finishing up what they forgot to do! WTF! Monday is our final walk through with the new buyer so we are scrambling to get everything done from leaky faucets to fixing outlets that don't work and so on. I am so sick of this!!! I will workout Friday, Sat, and Sunday for sure! I also have a termite company coming today to spot treat something in the attic. Then I am done for the day.

Debbie, good job on the workout today, I am glad that new machine is kicking your butt!

Belinda, have a nice time in DC.

Be back later to read posts.

This morning I started with Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Sculpting Overload vs2, 33 minutes, 2,918 steps, heart rate average 137, max 161, 218 calories, met 7.0. I used my 12# vest for this. Then when I went back to do another workout VHX streaming would not let me get anything. I unplugged the Roku and spent too much time messing with it. So, I did Strong and Sweaty Boot camp no upper time saver which has some upper in the compound moves, 37 minutes, 259 calories, met 8.0, heart rate average 129, max 168, 1,979 steps. I finished with Strong and Sweaty bonus abs, 13 minutes, heart rate 109 average, 132 max, met 5.0, 60 calories, 242 steps and Lite extended stretch #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 94 minutes, 568 calories, 5,139 steps. I chose to limit upper body as I still want to do an upper body workout this week since I did Lite stacked legs on Monday. Maybe I will do Ramped Up Upper or one of Kelly's. I will see as tomorrow my husband is off and I am not sure if I will have as much time since we have things to do.

Jolie, hope you get things done today. I remember having to do all of that kind of stuff. We had people that really nitpicked at things. Some things I understand, but I had to find out what they were talking about when they wanted sealant on the lintel. I guess around a window. Have a good day!

Debbie, nice work on the Max Trainer today. People seem so rude anymore. They have no concentration since they are talking on their phones and stuff. What I dislike is when I am sitting waiting in a line of cars and it is one lane and someone drives down the side to get someone to let them bulldoze their way in at the front. I would like to see them just left sitting there. I am not mean by nature and think maybe these people have an emergency or something. But, then I know they all don't. They are just plain selfish and rude.

This morning I did Cathe Live Toasted Trisets w/Core from 5/3/18 only I didn't do the Core. Loved this workout. Again, it moved very fast so I paused a few times to get collected. I seriously don't understand the rush through these workouts. But it does get the HR up and that is probably the goal.

Each Triset was done 3 times through at 8 reps. Killer!!!

Triset 1
Biceps Curl:
15's
W Curls: 10's
Hammer Curl: 12's

Triset 2
Triceps Overhead Extension:
20#
Lying Triceps Extensions: 12's
Dips: 24 reps

Triset 3
One Arm Row:
25#/30#/30#
Pullovers: 25#
Rear Flies: 12's

Triset 4
Dumbbell Flies:
22.5's
Pushups: 8 slow reps
Close Grip to Chest Press: 15's

Triset 5
Standing Shoulder Press:
17.5's/17.5's/15's
Lateral Raise: 8's
Front Raise: 12#

Triset 6
Monster Walks:
10 reps - skipped
Lying Leg Raise w/Weight: 5 sets - skipped
Plank Hip Dips: 10 reps - skipped

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 319 calories and HR was 139/184. My calorie burn would have been higher had my Fitbit not shut off sometime during the 1st and 2nd set of work. So frustrating. Not sure why it does that sometimes.

Anyways, great workout, I like this one a lot.

Jolie - I can't even imagine all the work you have to do. Take time for you during this stressful time for sure!!

Diane - Nice job with your workout, sorry about VHX not working right. I hate when that happens. I like how Kelly separated the workouts into categories, they are much easier to find now. I agree about the driving and I know exactly what you mean. I never let people in who do that, I get really close to the person in front of me and flip them off. LOL!! I do!

Roselyn - How's school? Good job with your workouts!!

Belinda and Roxie - Hope you are both well!

Have a great weekend and workouts. I need to start the yoga again. Maybe this weekend I can do some.

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

I am home again. Drove home early this morning to avoid traffic. Had lots of fun yesterday. Got my hair done, I needed it. We had a business/dinner meeting last night. That was fun. I haven't worked out yet. Will get D25 Legs in shortly.

Jolie - hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday. You are do good keeping up with your workouts while moving.

Great job Debbie! I guess that makes sense, why Cathe rushes through the exercises. Looks like a great workout. I can't believe I am almost done with Week 4 :) Time flies!

Roselyn - nice job as well

Roxie - how are you doing? I hope better.

Diane - hope you having fun with your workout today.

I will be back later.

Today I did Lite Cardio Party mish mosh mix of boxing and blasts (all blasts are done 3 times between boxing)
38 minutes, met 8.40, 248 calories, heart rate average 139, max 167, 3,747 steps. I then did Strong & Sweaty Ramped Up Upper Body, 52 minutes, 329 calories, met 7.50, 1,403 steps, heart rate average 106, max 146. Total time was 90 minutes, calories burned 577 calories. 5,150 steps. I will post weights later. I need to get myself put together before DH gets back so we can go pick up our tax stuff.

Today I killed it, I did Yvette's Hiit/Step with/Kettlebell and heavy weights and I burned 738 calories. This is a long workout 1 hour and 12 minutes with a few pauses to catch my breath. She uses 2 risers the first half of the workout and moves to 3 risers the second half of the workout. Since I am tall, I used 3 and 4 risers, what a difference. I do modify a few exercises so 4 risers isn't dangerous with the leg press exercise I pick to do. Average heart rate was 135 and max was 174. Yvette's warm ups are always 10 minutes and I usually burn 100 calories and there is a whole yoga stretch at the end of this workout for the cooldown. This workout is heavy weights, 5 to 8 reps which I love! Also, the first part of the workout is 30 minutes of cardio, and then weights alternating. The second part of the workout is 1 minute cardio and then weights. Everyone has to do this workout, you will really like it!

Debbie, nice job on the Cathe Live workout today, I really like that one too. Cathe always goes to fast for me so I pause a lot during her workouts and go at my own pace so I don't hurt myself. I am getting so much stronger do Yvette's workouts because they are lower reps and heavy just like we like them to be! :)

Roselyn, good job on the Beast workout and the others you are doing!

Belinda, I am glad you had a good day in DC. I am getting my hair done today too! Have a nice workout.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a nice workout today and thank you for sending me the links to those weighted gloves, I am going to buy them!

Happy Friday.

Does anyone have a protein shake recipe sort of on the "green" side with no fruit? I am currently drinking a delicious tropical shake for my afternoon snack to get some extra protein in, but it's so high in calories. I need something around 150 calories and I really like having a good shake in the afternoon. I've searched online but most have kiwi or a banana in it. Don't get me wrong, I love fruit, but it adds so much sugar and calories.

Thanks in advance!!

Debbie, I generally make a protein smoothie with something like blueberries and add about a 1/2 cup so delicious unsweetened coconut milk (this is in the cartons) Silk unsweetened works too. I add lots of ice and blend. It is that or I use some coconut milk and coffee with the vanilla protein powder. I have seen recipes with kale in them, but the addition was pineapple or mango to do away with some of the green taste.
Chocolate protein powder with some cherries is good. I try to keep the calories down too as I would rather eat my meals and not drink them. If I need a little more liquid I add water. I like it thick and icy.

Weights today:
Ramped Up Upper
Back
one arm row 30#db 16 reps followed by one arm back fly 10# 10 reps right then left
repeat two more times
pullovers 35# db 35# 10 reps 2 sets
rear delt flys 10# dbs 10/10 reps
repeat 1 time
T band pulls tubing 32 reps/16 reps
Chest
chest flys 16.5# 12 reps followed by push ups 12/10/8 reps
chest flys 16.5# push ups 4 reps count 2/2 and singles
Triceps
close grip bench press 20# dbs 8 reps
close grip bench press 12 reps
triceps dips 32/16 reps
triceps lying extensions 12# dbs 10 reps
triceps lying extensions 10# dbs 4 reps count variation
triceps extensions 10# dbs 8 reps
triceps extensions overhead standing 12# dbs 10 reps
triceps band kickback 32/32 reps
Shoulders
overhead press 15# dbs 12 reps shoulder front raise 15# db 12 reps shoulder press lateral raise 5# dbs 8 and variations
repeat
band lateral band circles 32/32 reps
band kickbacks rear delts
Biceps
hammer curls 15# dbs 12 reps
sweeping curls 17.5# dbs 12 reps
isolation curls 12# dbs 4 reps
standing biceps curls 15# dbs 12 reps
biceps crazy 8's tubing 24/24 reps

Debbie, nice workout today. It does seem like many workouts move so fast from one exercise to another. You got a good heart rate with that one today. I do not have my Fit Bit stop often. Usually it is my fault because I pause it and accidentally turn it off or I pause to let the dog out or something and forget to turn it back on. Once in awhile I hit the button by accident or wearing gloves.

Roselyn, nice job getting the workouts in.

Belinda, that is nice that you were able to get your hair done and had a fun time.

Jolie, does that Hiit workout have cardio too? That is a long one. How about jumping? Curious, because it seems I always pick the ones that have a ton of impact and uncomfortable stuff. Nice calorie burn today.

Last edited:
Good Evening,

DH and I went for a 1 mile walk tonight since it was in the 70’s and we both felt half way decent.

Good Morning,

I did Coffeyfit Raw Kettlebell Kickboxing had to stop part way through the ab work started coughing. I really wish she would redo this one because she doesn’t do the left side on one of the combos due to her lights overheating.

Good morning,

D24 Cardio + Stretch and Release is done. The stretch was really good, my lower body is all stretched out. I need to stretch more.

Jolie - you are killing those Yvette workouts. WOW, on your cal burn. Great job! Can you post the workout you did yesterday. Looks like a killer workout.

Roxie - great job this morning. Glad you feeling better

Roselyn - great job with bulk shoulder and your leg workout yesterday.

Debbie - if you find a good green smoothie please let me know. Great job as always on your workout.

Diane - great job yesterday. My always get my hair done when I am in DC. The girl is very good. Tried other places, wasn't happy with the outcome.

That's it for me today. My neighborhood is having our first wine gathering. Every month we will meet/get to know a new winery in our area. Should be fun. Wished it would be warmer. BBL!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Strength and Stamina bonus step, 22 minutes,s 164 calories,m met 9.3,heart rate average 129, max 170, 2,252 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Step #3, 44 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 174, 361 calories, met 9.3, 3,953 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Stretch, 28 minutes, 62 calories. Total time was 94 minutes, 6,286 steps, 587 calories.

Belinda, I have given up on hair salons. Once in awhile I think about it. I get tired of having someone good and they move away. Then there are all of those styles that I have to come home and fix before I go back out. I just have my husband cut it. He has done it off and on for years. I had one guy that did it for quite awhile that was good, but then he just got so weird and I was left in an uncomfortable position in the salon with him and another guy after everyone else left. I never went back and never found another good stylist. I have to stretch often.

Roxie, maybe Kelly will do another like that. She has a lot of good ideas coming up. I remember those abs just stopped. I have added a little more on my own.

Roselyn, nice job with bulk shoulders and some legs.

Belinda, The workout I did yesterday was Yvette's Bachman's Hiit/Step with Kettlebell and heavy weights and you can get it on YouTube.

Today was a rest day, I woke up to a small leak in my guest bathroom and had to scramble and get a contractor back to fix the leak and then he is coming back this evening to put new molding in so I can paint it in the morning. When will this end?

Diane Sue, there is some higher impact but nothing seems to bother me lately! IF I think it is too hard of impact I do some sort of modification or just pick a completely different exercise that seems similar in intensity. I am lifting really heavy lately because the rep range is typically 5 to 8 reps.

Roxie, I am so glad you are up and feeling better!

Roselyn, nice job on the Bulk Shoulders and the leg workout. I love Bulk Shoulders.

Debbie, the way that I get my whey protein unflavored in, is I put it in my ice coffee every morning. I put a big scoop in using cold coffee and use a protein shaker and I drink it up! I love it.

I will be doing a Yvette workout tomorrow, not sure which one.

Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!!! Today I did Yvette Bachman HIIT/Heavy Weights/Stability Ball with 3 risers. This is such a fun and long workout, you never want it to end till you are at the end and you think you might die :) Workout was 1 hour 15 minutes, I had to pause several times to catch my breath, and I burned 751 calories. Please keep in mind that I had to sub out all the burpee and plank exercises with either leg exercises and or core, but I still had a kick butt workout. Average heart rate was 131 and max was 175. This is so much fun, you all have to try it. I had to sub out the stability ball with a medicine ball because I had already packed it. The medicine ball was 6 pounds and it made it really tuff!
No workout tomorrow, I have a window guy coming at 7:30am, a contractor at 9 am and the final walk through with the buyer at 1pm. Once that is done the house closes escrow on Wed. and I am done! Then the hard part, moving all of the crap :)

Roxie, I am so glad you are back to feeling better and working out!

Belinda, you have to try this workout, you will love it.

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday.

Debbie, I hope you core and hamstrings are feeling better this weekend.

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout and or day doing whatever makes you happy.

Have a great day.

Today I did the Max Trainer Fitness Test. I did it with flying colors and actually had a great little workout. I was sweating quite a bit by the time I got done. So now "Max" can make up workouts for my fitness level. I subscribed to the workouts and looking forward to trying them.

Fitness Test was 22 minutes, burned 134 calories, went .5 miles and did 1228 steps. HR was 123/143.

Can't find any good green shakes. The ones I find have a million calories in them. Ridiculous. Those are meals, not recovery shakes.

Nice job with your workouts everyone. Jolie, you make me laugh describing your workouts with Yvette!! LOL!!

Rest day today. I did Kelly's Raw foam roller this morning.

Debbie, I sometimes just buy a greens bottled drink like Evolution Thriving Greens or Suja. I add a scoop of my vanilla collagen protein powder. You have to read labels, but Evolution does not have added sugar. The only sweet in it is ones that have added fruit. They run between 90 and 110 calories. I have also bought amazing grass (low calories) and mixed it with my collagen or protein powder. Maybe just experiment till you come up with something that you like. I generally chose kale or spinach, celery, cucumbers, and used citrus like lemon juice and ginger when I made my own smoothies. Berries are low in calories if you wanted to add a few. So many recipes have so much stuff added, and once you start adding a lot of fruit the calories go up.
It sounds like you are going to have so much fun with the Max Trainer.

Jolie, I saw Yvette has a couple of low impact workouts. I looked them over last night. Nice work.

Good morning,

D27 Week 5 Booty is done. I am still sweating from the workout. Great workout! She is used the loops + DB's. The loops are a killer. Really liked the workout.

Jolie - I will give Yvette a try once I am done with my current rotation. I am glad you enjoying her workouts. She is a great instructor. You can find all kinds of great, amazing instructors on YT.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. I will try to be back later. Have a great Monday everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.