Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for April 2019

Happy April!! Hope it gets warmer soon, it was 19 degrees again this morning. We have snow on the ground and it is very cold!!

Today I did Cathe Live Stacked Upper Body from 3/14/19 and it was a fun, fun workout. I really liked this one!!! Very tough, but only mostly 8 reps which I love because I can go heavier. She did a lot of 1.5 moves, though. Those are effective. And again, no one works the shoulders like Cathe!!

Giant sets repeated once - so 2 times through each giant set.

Giant Set 1
Dips
- 48/32 reps
Lying Triceps Extensions: 10's - 7 reps
Pushups: 16 reps
Close Grip Bench Press: 15's/12's - 7/8 reps
Dumbbell Press: 15's/12's - 12/10 reps
Close Grip to Flat Bench Press: 12's - 4 reps

Giant Set 2
One Arm Wide Row:
15# - 8 reps (palms back then front is one rep)
Pullovers: 25# - 10/8 reps
Hip Hinge/Back Fly: 12's - 7 reps (3 flies, stand, do it again)
Biceps Drop Curls: 15's/12's/10's - 8 reps each no rest
8 Point Drop Curls: 10's - 8 counts (love these!)
W Curls: 10's - 8 reps

Giant Set 3
Hip Huggers:
15's - 24/16 reps (these were weird, never did them before)
Overhead Press: 12's - 8 reps
Front/Side Raise: 5's - 8 reps
Lateral U Raise: 5's - 8 reps (these were cool)
Shoulder Circles: 3's - 2 time at 8 reps each (burning shoulders by now!)

Great workout!! It was 46 minutes total, burned 263 calories, HR was 123/147.

And I've been getting on my Max Trainer for a few minutes each day to get used to it. I watched a Youtube video that said almost no one can just jump on those and do the 14 minutes workout. You have to start slow, like 3 minutes and work your way up. I'm up to 6 minutes and if I had time this morning I could have done 10. I stuck with 6 and my knees and low back have been fine. Love that machine, I can't wait to really let go with it. I felt much better about it after I seen that video. So I'm not a wimp after all!!! And my hamstrings are back to 100% again! Woo Hoo!!!

Belinda - Nice job with you and you DH doing cardio together!! You guys are rockin it. I think it's so cool how you two work out together. My DH supports me to no end, but he would never work out with me.

Diane - Nice job with your cardio Saturday!! Great combo of workouts! I'm hoping to do kickboxing this week, I am feeling much better all over.

Roxie - So sorry you are sick, it happens when you are around kids. Hope you get better soon!

Jolie - How did your mom like your new house? I bet she loved it!!

Have great workouts today everyone!!!!

Debbie, that is great that your are doing well and working your way up with the Max Trainer :D. I am happy for you. Just keep up the therapy rolling and stretching. I could feel my low back yesterday, but after doing Kelly's foam roller stretch I was fine and felt good this morning. I need to do that more. I think the work on the back is helping as it would definitely help with fusion in the spine and losing flexibility, which is a worry for me with the arthritis. Great workout today. I got the Lite Stacked Sets Lower on Friday and plan on doing it this morning. I have altered my plan of doing Kelly's lower and upper Pyramids this week. Have a great day ;)

I didn't sleep well last night it was very hot. It got to 90 degrees yesterday and so it didn't cool down much for the evening. Spring has sprung in my neck of the woods, though we are supposed to get rain on Wed. Today I picked a new Yvette Workout and boy it was hard. I thought after previewing it last night that it looked a little easier that is why I choose to do it today. Yeah right! Workout was Cardio, Strength, and Core Circuits. 3 risers and I used 4 in certain parts of the workout, and the weights focused on legs, chest , shoulders and triceps. At the end I did a few back and bicep exercises. Workout was 1 hour and 12 minutes and I burned 702 calories! I never thought this workout would end lol! 1 minute rounds of each, cardio, strength and then core!
Average heart rate was 128 and max was 168.

I didn't workout the last two days because I had so much packing to do and my low back was really sore from bending over. I cant believe how much we still have to do before we move in 20 days. If I get in 4 workouts a week I will be happy. My husband said to me yesterday, " Gosh you are getting thinner and you look so in shape"! Wow, I never get that from him so I must be really changing my body. The juicing and the Yvette Bachman workouts are really kickin my metabolism up.

Debbie, I am so happy that you are able to use your new machine! I just did that Cathe Live workout last week and loved it. I might do it tomorrow. We are so hot here and you are freezing, what a difference. My mom really liked my house, she said the views are awesome and that is what makes the house, and the fact that my husband and I have an entire upstairs for ourselves with a deck that overlooks the ocean or my workouts. :)

Roxie, i am so sorry you got sick, my husband just got over it too.

Diane Sue, Belinda and Roselyn, I will check back in later to read your posts.

This morning I did Fit Split Low Impact timesaver #1, 27 minutes, 180 calories, heart rate average 124, max 157, 1895 steps, met 8.5. I then did Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower Body, 39 actual minutes (48 me) 1,100 steps, 202 calories, met 6.0, 102 average heart rate max 140, met 6.0. I also did Kelly's Raw 6 & 60 core, 12 minutes, 42 calories, 28 steps, met 5.0 and Raw foam roller stretch, 24 minutes, 46 calories, 124 steps.
Total time was 1 hour 43 minutes, 470 calories, 3,147 steps.
I used slightly heavier weights than Cathe
Stacked Lower Body
barbell squats 30# 32 reps
alternating cross tap lunges 10# dbs 12 reps
barbell plie squats 30# 32 reps
alternating rear lunge with 2/2 deadlift 12# dbs 10 reps
side to side and pivoting squats 15# db 8 reps
repeat sequence same weights used
static lunges 12# dbs 32 reps
wide squat to side lunge 10# dbs 12 reps
wide stance deadlift 35# barbell 10 reps
forward and diagonal lunge combo 10# dbs 24 reps
crossback/side lunge combo 12#db 12 reps
repeat sequence same weights

Jolie, nice job on Yvette and I cannot believe you added to it. I do not like workouts that I am wondering when it will be over. I have done that and kept clicking to see how many minutes I had to go. That was a great motivator getting the compliment from your husband.

Good Morning,

This is the worst sinus infection I have ever had the whole left side of my face is swollen and hurts and my eyes are still bloodshot land I can’t breathe through my nose. I don’t know what’s going on with me its one setback after another.

Good morning,

D22 LB is done. Love the lower body workout. It's a tough on. Looks easy, but it's tough :)

Roxie - so sorry about the sinus :( Hope you feel better soon.

Great job, everyone! BBL! Running late today.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Boxing & Drills, love that one. Waist was tight again doing the punches but not so bad that I had to stop. I stretched my midsection really good afterwards. I probably should have stretched it before I got started. I also got on my Max Trainer for about 8 minutes. I did a couple sprints for some seconds and then just went slower. I messed with resistance and really am loving this thing. I can't wait until I can really get on it and do a workout. Still trying to figure out if I want the subscription for it, I guess it works similar to the Peloton where you can do live workouts with an instructor. That would be fun but it's quite expensive. We'll see.

ETA: I wore my 2# weighted gloves with Boxing & Drills. Makes a huge difference!!

Boxing and Drills was 31 minutes, burned 192 calories and did 2679 steps. HR was 127/157. Max Trainer was 8 minutes, burned 43 calories (ha ha!) and did 201 steps. HR was 120/139 and that was just going slow for most of the time. I will be burning some major calories when I master this thing.

Diane - I will definitely keep using the therapy ball even when I'm feeling 100%. I plan on rolling my muscles a few times a week no matter what. It feels good and it does help tremendously. Nice job on your workout yesterday. I wish Cathe didn't do so many reps with squats. I watched one of the workouts Jolie did, it was one of the total body ones from Cathe Live and I was shocked at how many squats she did. Like probably 100 reps. Then she rested for all of 3 seconds and started it all over with wide stance. Then she rested for 3 seconds and did plies. Crazy. I always stop early anymore can't do all that. I don't know how Cathe's knees aren't destroyed doing all that. Maybe it's just me, though. I am hoping my knees get stronger with the Max Trainer. I meant to ask you, when you did Body Beast, did you use the Select-a-Weights for it? I wonder if that would make the workout easier since you can easily change weights?

Jolie - 90 degrees in the spring? Holy crap!! We were only at 23 degrees when I went to work but by Sunday we will be in the 70's. Crazy stuff. You are really killing it with Yvette's workouts, just be careful to not overtrain. You have been hitting it hard for a while now. And that is cool that your husband noticed you getting more cut. Love when that happens!! Great job!!

Roxie - I was there in February, remember? Except I had the awful coughing and it doesn't sound like you have that. It takes a long time for that virus to get out of your system. I started drinking Airborne three times a day and that helped a bit. I'm still drinking one a day. That sinus infection which has been going around is one of the worst I've ever had as well. I hope you feel better soon. Rest as much as you can.

Belinda - Excellent job with D22. Man, the days are flying. You are killing it lately!!!

Roselyn - Nice job with Bi's & Tri's.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Last edited:
Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Drills wearing 1.5 # gloves. This is one of my favorites. This was 29 minutes, heart rate average 133, max 151, met 7.2, 191 calories, 2,732 steps. I then did Lite Rev'd Up Rumble, 42 minutes, 283 calories, heart rate average 133, max 158, met 8.0, 3,629 . I finished off with Lite extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, 34 calories, 11 steps. Total time was 72 minutes, calories 508, 84 minutes. My calories were lower on these workouts today than they usually are. Oh, well! I wore weighted gloves for both.
I am picking up grandchildren today and hoping to get Gertie a bath and the bath cleaned before I go out.

Roxie, I am so sorry, you have really been fighting illness for awhile. I hope it gets better.

Debbie, I did use my Bowflex weights for Body Beast a lot. A lot depended on the workout. If I was using the easy curl bar or had to make fast changes in weights I often set out dumbbells and what I needed with the Bowflex weights. I do that a lot on things like pyramids etc.. I got the Bowflex weights when I got STS and started it for the first time. They were great for that. I think that Lite Stacked sets is not a workout to go heavy on. So many reps on those plies and squats and hardly any real rest which made it take me longer as I was adjusting weights since it was the first time I have done it. Maybe it will grow on me, but the long repetitive stuff is generally where I get hurt.

Jolie, good luck with your workouts being fit in with all of that packing. I hope you get a lot done today ;)

Last edited:
Today I did Cathe Live, Pumped Upper Body and had a great workout. I went up in weights from the last time, I am getting a lot stronger by doing Yvette's workouts because she does lower reps higher weight. I skipped the abs segment because I did so many yesterday that I have to give them a rest :) I burned 329 calories, i had a couple of interuptions so it was hard to get my heart rate going today. More contractors coming today to finish up and the final walk through inspection should be in a few days. We close Escrow on April 10th and can start moving into our new casa on the 20th. We are renting back for two weeks so we dont have to kill ourselves with the move. April 23rd the mover will move all of the furniture. Yes! What a long haul...

Debbie, kickin butt today with the kickboxing workout! I am so happy that you are feeling better and your new machine is doing the job. How do your knees feel? Mine are doing great surprisingly, I am loving the step workouts. Cathe's lower body workouts are so hard, I am weak compared to her! I like how Yvette throws in legs with cardio, more body weight work vs. weights all of the time.

Diane Sue, nice workout today. I didnt know that they made 1.5 pound gloves? My calorie burns have been lower this week and i am not sure why? Maybe because i am more tired than usual so it is hard for my body to work at the rate it is used to?

Belinday, killing the leg workout today! My workout was like that yesterday, it looked easy but it damn near killed me :)

Roxie, i hope you feel better soon.

Roselyn, how is school going?

Have to pack now...

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

D23 cardio is done. Need to get a stretch in later.

I will try to check in later. Have lots to do.

Today I did Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets from 6/30/16. Had a great workout but I did stop early due to my hamstring getting tight again (really?!). I figured I'd better stop and not push my luck. I really like this workout but Cathe needs to slow down a bit on theses. I needed to pause to rest a few minutes because she just goes non-stop. What is wrong with a few minutes of rest? Oh well, got a great calorie burn with it.

GIANT SET 1 - Upper
3 times through - 12/12/8 reps
Overhead Press: 12's
Rear Delt Flies: 12's
Upright Rows: 12's
Triceps Extensions: 20#

GIANT SET 2 - Lower
2 times through - 12 reps
Side Slide Lunges: 10#
Squats: 15's
Deadlifts: 40# barbells
Slide Back Lunges: 10's
I only did about 10 reps, was supposed to be 12

GIANT SET 3 - Core
2 times through - 12 reps
Plank/One Arm Row: 12#
Elbow Situps
In/Out Plank w/Plates
- These about killed me
One-Arm Situps: 8's

GIANT SET 4 - Upper
3 times through - 12/12/8 reps
Barbell Biceps Curl: 25#
Hammer Curls: 15's
Lateral Raise: 8's - 16/16/8 reps
Pushups: 12/12/12 reps

GIANT SET 5 - Lower
2 times through
Cross Slide Lunges: 10#
Wide Stance Deadlifts: 30# barbell
Alternate Diagonal Lunges: 12's
Plie Squats: 12's - 42 reps (lots of pulses)
I only did this one time through

GIANT SET 6 - Core
2 times through
Plank w/Kickbacks: skipped
Alternate Leg Raise: skipped
Spidermans w/plates - skipped
Russian Twist: skipped

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 323 calories and HR was 132/181. I burned more calories this time than the last time I did it and I did the whole workout last time which was over an hour.

Diane - I love the Boxing and Drills workout, so fun!! Nice job on that yesterday, funny how we did the same one! How is Gertie doing?? I hope she is better.

Jolie - Great job with Pumped Upper Body, I like that workout. I'm hoping to try one of Yvette's workouts soon, they look hard but fun. Wow on how quickly your move is happening. I'm sure it's a lot of work but sort of fun, too. Will you miss your old house? My knees are good now, no burning when I get on the Bowflex. I hope it stays that way. They don't hurt much doing weight work, but I am very careful using the amount of weights, etc.

Roxie - I'm so sorry you are sick, I was there and know how it is. How is your skin issue doing?

Belinda - Great job with your workout this morning!!!

Have great workouts everyone!!

Check in and then I will come back later. I need to take our tax stuff to our CPA. I wish he was closer.
This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Fitness Test for the 3rd time. I raised the weight by 2.5 lbs this time so instead of 15's I used 17.5 # Bowflex weights. This was 34 minutes, heart rate average 112, max 149, 1,101 steps, 216 steps met 6.5.
When I finished I did Body Max #2 doing the step combos and stretch which was 33 minutes, heart rate average 145, max 178, met 7.0, 232 calories, 2,497 steps.
Total time was 67 minutes, calories burned 448, steps 3,598 steps.
I increased reps on a lot of the raw test so have improved and using heavier weights
These moves are each done for 30 seconds in 4 rounds no rests till after each round
Bench press 35,34,37,37 reps 17.5# dbs
push ups (varied as some which are less reps were done on hands and some were varied hands and knees) 30,26,31,21
squat 21,23,29,22 17.5# dbs
prisoner squats 36,34,33,36
shoulder press 27,24,16,22 17.5# dbs (alternating and I forgot on the third round at first doing both at one time)
pike push up 16,26,13,15
biceps curls 16,15,14,15 17.5# dbs
pulse curls 1 db 17.5# 20,33,37,36
sit ups 15,13,15,15
scissors with hands under hips head elevated 63,57,58,60
rest and repeat for 4 rounds total

Scheduled rest day today. I am running late to an appointment so I will check back in later to read your posts.

I hope you all have great workouts today!

That was a long miserable drive to drop off tax stuff. Road work and a line of cars. I came home a different direction. I stopped by Sprouts to see if I could pick some more of the Boiron natrual allergy tabs I have been using and they did not have them. I got the Histaminum there, but originally purchased the allergy ones off of Amazon. Maybe if I would have got a clerk I may have been able to find a single tube of one of the two types of allergy ones they sell. The woman before helped me and pulled out the other in a single tube which contains quite a few pellets, but I bought the whole box of them. These seem to help and so far I am doing much better with all of this stuff blowing through the air right now with no side effects like Clariton and Allegra do to me. Even the children's would give me side effects so I just usually try the bee pollen and home remedies.

Jolie, here is a link to where I got my 1.5# gloves. Mine are a bit different style and were some that Kelly Coffey had mentioned a few years ago that she used. They are my favorite and easy on and off. https://www.titleboxing.com/gloves/weighted-gloves/deluxe-weighted-gloves They have steel glove weights. I wonder if they somehow fit into boxing gloves or something?? I need to go back and look again. I bet you are excited and sort of feeling some nostalgia for your home that you are leaving. You are doing an amazing job getting it all done and getting in some workouts. Packing and moving is a workout as well.

Belinda, nice job on the workout this morning.

Debbie, I thought it was interesting that we both did Boxing and Drills. When I went to put my workout in the workout manager I popped in to look and see who had posted and saw you had done it. Similar results :) Time goes quickly for me with that one. Nice work on Total Body Giant Sets Live. You were probably wise to stop when things started getting tight. I am so happy for you that you are getting used to the Max Trainer now.

Roxie, hope you are feeling better.

Good morning,

I am up early, trying to get my workout in before I head to DC. I probably will stay the night.

I will be back later tonight, need to get my workout in after my coffee.

See you later. Sorry for I have no time for personals. I will try to catch up later this week.

Today I got on my Max Trainer and was able to stay on it for 15 minutes without a problem. I did some resistance sprints and wow is that tough on there. I think I will really enjoy this piece of equipment. Can't wait until I'm stronger on it and can do the workouts it has. I have lost a lot of cardio stamina since I haven't been running, this will get it back I'm sure. Hamstring got tight on it towards the end but was sore from yesterday's workout. I hope I didn't over do it.

Max workout: 15 minutes, burned 82 calories, went .27 miles and did 713 steps. HR was 124/151.

Then I walked on my treadmill for a little and did a long stretch on my own.

Treadmill: 21 minutes, burned 116 calories, went 1.02 miles and did 2503 steps. HR was 107/127.

Diane - I have yet to do the RAW Fitness Test. Nice job with it yesterday!! I should try it one of these days. Body Max 2? Wow, that's from the golden oldie days!! I forgot about that workout and BM 1. I bet that was fun. Sorry about your drive to the tax guy, I hate driving anymore. Traffic is horrible everywhere and people just don't care about how they drive. Rude people everywhere.

Belinda - Have fun in D.C.!!

Jolie - Hope all is going well.

Roxie - Hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Gotta go, have great workouts everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.