Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Sunday June 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did CIA All Body Cardio with Sharon Twombly 75 min followed by Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty - Dusk. Wow - I was feeling a bit sore and tired this morning when I woke up and I don't know if I should have attempted this workout. If there is anyone who doubts that there is a workout out there that is as advanced as a Cathe workout.....this workout is definitely for you. It was tougher today than it was the last time I did it. I think it is harder than Cathe's Bootcamp. I'll be interested to see Marietta's review of it after she does it. It's mostly athletic moves that work your legs as you're doing aerobics. It ends with basically no stretch though and she doesn't work your lats at all (other than push ups) and she calls the background exercisers "girls"...but other than that...excellent, challenging workout.

I just love the way Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty Dusk leaves me feeling. This was one of the first yoga DVDs I got when I got back into yoga. It's not really challenging, but I love the sequencing of it. She explains in the beginning that it is to destress and detoxify you, as well as work your core. You start out with sun salutations to warm you and then she does a lot of hip openers followed by inversions. She explains that after you release all of those toxins out of your hips, the inversions help those toxins move thru your blood stream and out of your system. I tend to use this sequencing when I set up Yoga Shakti. I think the reason I like yoga so much (and this is one DVD that especially makes me feel this) is because it's the closest feeling you can get to a "high" for some reason. I call it a yoga buzz. Sometimes I get it stronger than others...sometimes during the workout and sometimes after. Today it kept happening throughout the workout....especially doing all of those hip openers. I love this one.

Sandy - if you didn't see my post yesterday, DeepDiscountDVD.com has their annual 20% off sale of DVDs. They have all of Rainbeau's DVDs from her Sacred Yoga series (her best out there plus the Beauty ones) for under $10 each and then you get the money off on top of that. I think they might even have free shipping. Look at my post from yesterday if you missed the discount codes.

I'm having a really bad flare up of pain (has been for a couple days now). I don't know how I'm gonna get thru this week at work like this. Going into this new week, I'm still befuddled over what rotation to do. ADD girl here!

We're going to see The Omen today.

Diana Sue - I'll PM those neck stretches to you after I get my shower, etc. Also, do you have one of those hand held percussion massagers? I use that on my neck and shoulders on the weekend. That might help? I'm not sure about this pillow yet. I think I need to put more water in it and adjust it a bit. I think it would be really good for someone that is not as severe as me, but I don't think anything will really help me totally.

Have great workouts. I'll be back later.

Diana Sue - I just PM'd the stretches to you. I forgot.....I start out with shoulder rolls first. Forwards, backwards and then straight up and down.

2 others I forgot - clasp hands behind head and look up slightly ....stretch chest. Also, door stretch - stand in a door frame, and press your arms in between the sides of the frame. Do this with your arms up higher (shoulder level) then move to lower and repeat and then move down further and repeat. Keep your head neutral with the spine and open the chest while stretching the arms

This morning I did Step Max, I did the warmup with two step risers and the rest of it with only one. I wonder why Cathe used 2 step risers for all of her earlier workouts? Maybe she didn't realize the toll it takes on your joints? I just can't do these higher impact workouts with two risers anymore, the only one I do with two risers is Low Max.

Anyways, it was a fairly easy workout for me, I was in my zone for 38 minutes and burned 249 calories. I hate all the whooping in this workout, gets on my nerves. I can't get over how different Cedie looks.

Diane Sue - You are right about not letting the scale control me. I suppose I am gaining muscle mass since I'm upping my weights quite a bit lately. Its just frustrating. I wish I had an accurate Body Fat measurer, I use the Accupro and it only takes a measurement in one place. I can take the measurement 5 times and get 5 different readings. Its really frustrating.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good afternoon,
Today is my rest day. I went to Target today and they had the Rodney Yee Yoga Burn with the weighted gloves on sale for 19.99 so I bought it there are 12 weight bars that are put in the upper part of the gloves. They have grippers on the palms. I have family coming over later so need to run.

Lora, thanks for the stretches. I am printing these off. I read them over and I think I understand them.

Debbie, I have a three point digital caliper. I don't use it that often. For a while I did once a week in the mornings before my workout. You were supposed to do it three times and then take the reading that came out closest I usually ranged around 11% bodyfat. For awhile it had dropped to 8%. I felt this was to low so quit being so rigid on my eating.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Hi Ladies,

Today I did bodymax instead of a rest. No shock there right? :) Dinner with Dave and Ashley was ok last night. I had a bit of frustration but masked it well. Next weekend Daves band plays so not sure when/if we will have time to celebrate my bd.

Oh and we saw the disney movie cars. It has a lot of adult humor in it and was cute. Dave said he like his dinner and the gift card I got for him.

Ok I am off to get outside for awhile.

Terri

Hello everyone!

It sure is quiet around here today. As planned, I took a rest day today. I debated on doing yoga, but played around on here until it was time to go to church. Guess what? IT'S WINDY!

I worked in my perennial garden today. It's big and it's full of weeds. :( I try every year to fill in more ground cover, but it's so big that it will take years I'm sure. Out here on the WINDY (did I mention it's windy here?) prairie, it's so hard to keep the weeds away and to keep the plants healthy. It felt good to be outside though. It needed my attention.

Tomorrow I plan to do either Muscle Endurance or Power Hour. Tuesday I have a ride planned with my girlfriend.

Lora - sounds like you had a good workout!

Terri - I'm sorry about your frustration last night. I do hope that you all find time to celebrate your birthday. When is it?

Debbie - I hear ya on the high impact. Having too many risers does start to bother my knees - and I don't really have knee trouble.

Diane Sue - I hope you have fun today with your family get together.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi maniacs!

Did a 63 mile bike ride today with 2 other guys. The day was beautiful, temps in the 60's to low 70's. Had to keep the pace down a bit for one of the riders as he hasn't been logging as many miles as is usual for him. The other rider would have liked to have gone faster but I chose to stay with the slower rider as he and I had made the arrangement first. The other guy asked to join us. Turned out the ride worked for all parties involved. The faster guy could ride hard but cruise inbetween and I didn't need a hard ride as I have a time trial on Tuesday. I'm hoping I'll be okay as my legs are a little sore right now. Will remain hopeful that they'll be recovered by Tuesday. Anyway, it was a perfect ride! Total climbing was 3,050', average speed 16.1, total miles 63.34 and total time 3hrs 56 minutes. Next weekend I won't be able to ride so needed to get some distance in before my century ride in 2 weeks.

Our family birthday/BBQ yesterday was great! My DH BBQ'd ribs, burgers and brats. I ate pretty sensibly (not overly stuffed anyway) and did enjoy cheesecake that my mom made, also a nice glass of wine. It was so much fun and we had a houseful!

Lora, is this the yoga (Rainbow Mars) you suggested to me the other day for relaxing? Sounds really good. Deep discount is the place to get it? Let me know. How was the movie? I'm starting Debbie's rotation tomorrow and looking forward to it. I may have to whittle the workouts down closer to 1 hour, but we'll see.

Debbie, any chance you can go to a place where they can measure your body fat in the water? Is that the most accurate way? I think the scale is a frustration. Then I see the fitness models in Oxygen, they are really muscley, but still have low weights. What's up with that?

Diane Sue, hope your DH is less sore today. I don't motorcycle, but I love to look at them and admire the feeling of freedom like I have on the bike that they must feel (without as much effort, of course). Hope you are enjoying your day off.

Terri, glad you liked the movie "Cars". I'm looking forward to seeing that one.

Suz, hope you enjoyed working in your garden. I planted some sedums yesterday in a strawberry pot. I could really get into doing more, but hate to have to maintain. I don't have a sprinkler system (yet) and hate taking the time to drag hoses and water stuff. When I retire (not for a little while) I plan to do more gardening. You would have liked our ride today. Wish you were here. Yep, call me Netta. That's the nickname my Dad gave me when I was little. Some other ladies at work call me that too.

Must go now,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.