Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Sat 5-6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I am pressed for time, so I only did about 37 min of Seasun Zieger's Straight Up Step. I only did a brief warm up and went right into the workout. The more I do this, the more fun it is. I still can't follow it that well, but my HR was up in the 150s and I had more fun today. This is only the 3rd time I've done it. I'd highly recommend this one to step fans who like a fun and fairly intense step workout. I like Seasun alot. She's so skinny! It must be nice. She looks like one of those girls who has to eat to stay fat enough and she has 3 boys!!

I also did Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty, Dawn Series. This is one of my favorite yoga DVDs. I love Rainbeau.

I wanted to do something I liked this morning, as my day is going to be hectic. I have to go online and get Chili Peppers at 10:00 am thru the FanClub and then try to make a 10:15 am movie. Then it's off to North Canton (an hour away) to attend a "First Communion" and dinner party. I hate when my weekends are ruined with this sort of stuff. I like my normal relaxing rountine!!

I'm off to soak my shoulders. I'm pretty sore from those injections I had the other day and I did pushups after my shots and she told me not to do them until my "acuteness" has calmed down a bit.

Christine - do you have any yoga DVDs by Shiva Rea (Yoga Shakti is a really good one with many options), Rainbeau Mars or Eion Finn? They are my 3 favorite instructors. Everyone should own a copy of Eion's Power Yoga for Happiness. It is the best DVD. He has a new one coming out soon and I can't wait. Shiva also has about 3 coming out soon. One is on presale - TranceDance. I ordered it, but I'm not sure I'm gonna like it cuz it's supposed to be a little bit of a different kind of yoga. We'll see. I'll get those Bento DVDs off to you Monday or Tuesday. I PM'd you with my Paypal info.

Have great workouts everyone.

Charlotte - I meant to tell you that I'm sorry I never had a chance to email you yesterday. It was a crazy busy day and I'll probably be too busy all day today.....but I will soon. My DH just brought home the new Pearl Jam from the store. I'll let you know how it is. Also, do you like Theory of a Deadman? I was gonna burn their first CD for myself and I thought if you liked them, I'd burn it for you.

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Yesterday I worked my biceps/triceps/shoulders and did 1 set of BBM. Today I am going to run for 50 mins and do PLB. I just finished the first segment of PLB with leg presses. Got to finish now.

Lora,

That song rings a bell. I know it must be good so yeah, I think I would probably like it. What do you think of the cd's I burned for you?

Charlotte~~

Hi everyone,

I think I'll take today off. I have so much to do around the house and yard.

Lora, I hope you end up enjoying your day. I'm always thankful when I get invited to special occasions. With my husbands bad temper I don’t get as many invites as I used to.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I'll be around...like a jelly doughnut! hahaha

Susan C.M.

Good morning all!

Today is a 5 mile run and P90X Legs and Back. I'm hoping I can walk afterwards!

Lora - thanks - I'll send you the pay pal info today. Thanks! The only yoga I have is Rodney Yee (Yoga for Athletes and Power Yoga) and Bryan Kest's Power Yoga. And of course the P90X Yoga X, which is decent as well. I'll definitely look into the ones you recommended.

Charlotte - have fun on your run! I'll be thinking of you on mine!

Susan - enjoy the yard work. That's a workout in itself.

Terri and Nicole - I'm thinking of you ladies!

Waves hello to Marietta, Diane Sue, Debbie, Dallas, and anyone I may have missed...

I'm in a hurry so I can't read all these workouts yet. I will be back later.

This morning I did Imax Xtreme, what a fun workout. Its an hour and 15 minutes and very intense. It does 1 cycle of Cardio & Weights Step, the first weight section in C& W and then two cycles from IMAX 2. It does this 4 times. It uses all the step cycles from C& W and #2-#9 in Imax 2. It was awesome! I was in my zone for one hour and burned 382 calories. Love these circuit mixes I've been doing!

Debbie,

Everyday you seem to burn more calories. I keep watching and think one day I will see 500 coming up soon! LOL! Good work, Maniac!!!

Christine,

Yeah, just got back from the run. Gosh, I cannot just do a steady run. Last half of run I just went for a high jog. Hubby and son were out running too along the track. DD was reading her book for school. Hubby says I look so cute when I start with the high jog. He says it is the cutest thing. I didn't realize I looked "cute" doing this. Anyhow, I take my right leg and raise it up high and then go into the high jog. Says it looks like my body doesn't want to do it at first, but sees that I stabilize quickly after the start up and look like I am doing well. So are you still able to walk? I started PUB before we ran and now I am completing it. My legs are starting to feel like jello already. What a wonderful feeling! Can you feel your legs yet, Christine??? LOL!

Charlotte~~

Charlotte you cutie! LOL! I am burning some good calories but gaining weight. How is this possible? I'm at the highest weight right now and haven't been this high for about 2 years. I'm sick over it. I eat clean 100% of the time (except for cheat meals on SAturday's) and I'm working out like a freak. I got on the scale this morning and just about burst into tears! This time last year I was at 125 lbs. and 15% body fat. Right now I'm at 130 lbs. and 18% body fat. How is this happening???? It so discouraging!!

Anyways...

Susan - enjoy your rest day, just don't eat that donut! LOL!

Great workouts, everyone. Those of you who run - I ENVY you!!!

Great job on the High Jog, Charlotte! That takes energy! I'm sure you do look "cute"! I can feel my legs, but I'm not sure for how long - I did my 5 mile run (cut 4 minutes off last week, thank you very much!), then I did P90X Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X and 10 minutes of Yoga for Athletes (the first 10 minutes). I feel good.

Debbie,

As much as you are sweating I am sure you are drinking alot of water too to replace what you have lost. I think the body fat monitor is probably picking up alot of fluid in your system. Don't you remember me telling you when I donated blood, my body fat dropped down to 13% and then about 4 days later was back to 15%. I am telling you, it is fluid!!! How is your eating. I bet your eating healthy. Are you lifting heavier. Remember your body type puts on muscle faster than my body type too. Don't be discouraged...look at how hard you are working. What does the mirror say??? BTW, my body fat monitor has alot of dust on it now. I see visible changes and I bet you do too...let the mirror tell you, not the monitor. JMHO

Charlotte~~

Charlotte,
Yes, I am sweating tons. I drink a gallon of water a day and I eat clean 95% of the week. (Saturdays I have a few cheat items). I remember what you said about donating blood, maybe I should go do that two or three times a day! LOL! I'm doing endurance training these last two months to try and lose this excess weight but NOTHING is working. I'd upped my calories, I've lowered my calories. All I see is the scale going up. Its very frustrating. I'm actually shocked this is happening, I am a mesomorph with a bit of endo but it seems like the endo is overtaking.

I'm taking a natural supplement for my rapid heart beats, its called 5-HPT. I wonder if this is making me gain weight? I sure hope not, it really helps me. I started taking them back in early March I think. I only take two a day though, I highly doubt thats what is causing this.

The mirror shows ab definition along with legs and upperbody. My lower abs are still hidden underneath some fat. My size 4 jeans still fit about the same, although they feel a bit tight recently, especially in the thighs. I just don't get it. I can't do much more here, I've given up so much already that I sometimes wonder if its worth all this stress! However, fitness is my passion.

Thanks for listening! Sorry so long and whiney!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.