Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Mon June 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fitness Maniacs -

I can't believe it's Monday already. You all know how much I love Mondays....especially after the day I had on Friday. I don't know how I'm gonna make it thru this week!!

This morning, I did Turbo Jam Booty Sculpt plus Abs plus 3-T Totally Tubular. I needed to do something uplifting. All in all, it wasn't a bad sculpting workout. I added my own chest and lat work at the end, as it seemed to be lacking in those 2 areas.

Netta - Yes, Rainbeau Mars is the person I suggested for the relaxing DVD. The one I suggested was called "Pure Tranquility" from her Sacred series. Her Sacred series has Pure Sweat, Pure Power, Beginners and Pure Tranquility and are all only 1/2 hour long. It's a great series. The other 2 good ones she has are Yoga for Beauty "Dusk" and "Dawn". Dusk and Pure Tranquility are my favorites out of all of her stuff. I use her stuff on easier days...as it is geared more towards the beginner. I think DDD had most of her stuff when I was looking thru the DVDs.

Diana Sue - Please be sure to let me know how you like the Rodney Yee yoga you picked up yesterday.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in later from work.

ETA: Question - I hate to ask this here...but I don't have any girlfriends to ask. I just started my period 2 weeks ago and it went away for a few days and then I spotted for a while and now I just full fledged started again. Is this normal for my age? I know our periods are supposed to get "irregular". Is this what they mean by irregular? I thought maybe you just wouldn't start exactly the same day...but not every 2 weeks. I know I was extremely stressed Friday at work....maybe that brought it on? Anyone with experience with this?

Good Morning,
I plan on doing Muscle Max this morning and Cardio Coach. I am going to do at least one more Endurance and Circuit type week before I go back to heavier stuff. I have the Amy Benuto Bootcamp coming Wednesday so I will probably fit it in this week. I have a dentist appointment this afternoon to see if I need a root canal before they finish my crown.

Lora, I don't know if I can be much help on the period. I haven't had one in years. I was never regular, meaning I never knew exactly when it was going to start unless I was on birth control pills. I don't recall spotting and stopping and starting again.

As far as the Rodney Yee workout I think I am taking it back. I did not open the dvd. I put on one of the gloves and it was so tight I had to have my son help me get it off. It was cutting off circulation and my fingers were turning dark. I could get that dvd for less money online without the gloves. I will check back later.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Morning ladies:

Today I started Debbie's June Muscle Building & Cardio rotation. I did Lowmax #1 premix, Pyramid Chest and CTX Chest. I don't have the Hardcores (yet) so didn't do that, but I am fried but in an oh so good way. Lowmax did my legs good as they were a little tired/sore this morning from yesterday's bike ride. Hoping that goes away by tomorrow's time trial.

I'll be getting off work early and DH and I will take our trailer out to the woods where we will be doing the black powder shoot on the weekend. We will also be going to dinner afterwards with a dear couple. Should be fun. I hope to find a wise choice for dinner.

Lora, is DDD a secure site to order from? Seems like I read a thread where Kathryn said it wasn't secure. Hope your day goes well today. I try to surround myself with positive people. Makes a difference.

Lora, re: periods, I have had a couple where I spotted for a day, then quit, then about 3 or 4 days later started normally. I think that's all part of it. I'm due to start tomorrow or so, oh joy with my bike time trial too.

Diane Sue, enjoy your workout today. I'm anxious to do a CC soon, but it won't be for a little while as my normal "tough" day is tomorrow and I have the time trial instead. Will probably hve to wait until next week. Dentists, they are always trying to save these teeth. I tease my dentist that they can't kill the hen that lays the golden eggs.

Good workouts all,

Jeanette

Well, I think I'll be going back to Cathe's workouts next week. This new program I'm trying is just not for me. I didn't even feel like I worked out this morning. This is what I'm tryng to follow if anyone is interested:

Testosterone Nation - Total-Body Training

You do full body workouts three times a week doing only one exercise per body part. The reason is for example when you do a Chest press, you are indirectly working your shoulders as well. When you do a barbell row, you are working your biceps as well. So the thought behind full body training is keeping it simple to not overtrain. Well, after this mornings workout, I'm sure there is no way you can overtrain. This is what I did:

Chest: Incline Dummbell Press - 3 sets/8reps - 30's
Back: One Arm Rows - 3 sets/8reps - 30
Legs: Squats - 3 sets/8 reps - 55 lbs.
Legs: Hamstring Press on step - 2 sets/tons of reps
Delts: Rear Dumbbell Raises - 3 sets/8 reps - 12's
Biceps: Preacher Curls on Stability Ball - 3 sets/8 reps - 35 lbs.
Triceps: Overhead Dumbbell Press - 3 sets/8 reps - 30

Can you see why I didn't feel this? On Thursday you are suppose to do 2 sets of 15 reps of whichever exercises you choose.

Anyways, this really bums me out because I just feel like I need something different. My body isn't responding to anything lately and I thought this might do the trick. I think one reason that I didn't feel worked out is because I couldn't go that high with weights. This rotation is more for gym goers where they can lift huge amounts of weight. I guess I should just stick with Cathe.

Have a great workout, everyone!

Good Morning Ladies!

Saturday I did MIS, and boy was it tough. Sunday dh and I joined back at the YMCA, we feel they have more to offer, than what we have at home. Hopefully I will be brave enough to do the cardio classes. I have a hard time with this because I have panic and anxiety disorder...so I really don't do well in a group setting and not being able to leave if I need too. That's why we had started doing things at home, but sometimes there's not enough equipment and not enough room. Plus they have a pool to relax in, and I just found out they have water kickboxing, and I will try that!!!

Terri - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it's a great day for you!!! *HUGS*

Dallas - My children are 24, 20, and 17.

Diane Sue - So sorry to hear about your dh accident, I really hope he heals well! Sounds like you both are doing fine, and I'm glad to hear that! Someone was watching over him ya know. :)
Your w/o sounds good.

Lora - You sound good this morning for a Monday, I hope today is much better than Friday was! Sounds like you had a good w/o too. I'm not much help on the period, as mine has never been regular, but I think I'm going through the early stage of menapause, maybe that's what's happening with you...not sure about that.

Netta - You go girl, you did an awesome w/o this morning! I would love to have a camper, we've talked about getting one someday! Have fun!!!

Hello to everyone that follows, and I'll be back later. I'm leaving work early cuz I have to meet the air condition man, our air went out! UGH!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Oh, and hi Brandi join in anytime, we'd love to have you! Everyone here is great!!! Lots of encouragement and uplifting!

Hello Ladies,

Today is imax2 and honestly I forget what else is on the rotation. I will look at it next :) Yesterday a friend of mine took me out for frozen yogurt and to see the Omen. It was better then the original.

Sandy-Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

Debbie-I can feel your frustration with your results/workouts. Hope that turns around soon.

Netta-Enjoy your evening

Lora-Hope the day at work is better for you.

Hello to all that follow.

Terri

Hey Everyone,
I have not done ANYTHING today:7 I think I will do Firm workout??

Terri Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day!! ((HUGS))

My parents are coming tomorrow.........So I will be busy cleaning today, and tomorrow.

Marietta look at what my DD did for me:D She went to glitter maker, and made me a signature. Now I am cool like you LOL:7

Lora I wonder if you are pre-menepause??

Sandy hope you get your air vent fixed today!!

Netta what is a black powder shoot??? Sounds like FUN!!

Well gotta go!! Great workouts to everyone who follows!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created2/114997884470693.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Back again,
I finished my workout. I did Cardio Coach #4 extending the time to an hour, then I did Muscle Max lower premix(no w/u or str) followed by Muscle Endurance Leg Press Premix, then Muscle Max upper premix and stretch.

Netta, good luck with your time trial. Cardio Coach is always a tough workout. I have to really feel energetic to do these and put in full effort.

Terri, Happy Birthday!! I am sorry you had some frustration yesterday. I hope everything goes well for you and you have a great day.

Debbie, I am sure as you keep trying you will eventually find what is going to work for you. Sometimes it takes awhile to determine what combination of things you need to do.

Nicole, I like your new signature.

Sandy, I hope you enjoy your classes at the why. Water Kickboxing sounds interesting. I have never been in a gym to workout before.
Yes, my husband has been watched over several times. In Iraq as well as here.

Better go get some things done before my dentist appointment. I need to remove lawn furniture cushions as it is thundering outside.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Hello Everyone!

This morning I did Muscle Endurance. Luckily my legs weren't sore after my 50 mile ride on Saturday. I wondered if they would be. But they were still a little tired. But so was my upper body, so maybe it's just a tired day. I did it with my normal weight load anyway.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRI!!!!!!! I hope you have a great day!

Busy, busy, busy at work today - actually for the next couple of weeks it will be nutso around here.

Diane Sue - good luck at the dentist!

I hope you all have a great day.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Maniacs!!

Really late checking in today...my dd10 is about to go to Maryland to stay with my SIL for a while so I took off work and am in the process of getting her packed and ready to go.

This morning I did Seasun's BOSU workout. This turned out to be quite interesting for me. I don't think I had enough air in my BOSU...but all in all I think I will like it. I then ate some breakfast and proceeded to do IMAX2, 260 walking lunges w/10# dumbbells and S&H Shoulders.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRI!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Someone asked about Toasty...yes she is on vacation and she'll probably be back around Wed/Thur.

Debbie - The workout you mentioned about also seems more suited for a person with less experience lifting weights. They can get away with a workout like this and most likely see benefits. I think that a workout like this will do nothing more than to help you maintain...but if you are trying to "shake" things up, then I just don't think this will do it....but then looks like you figured that out already.

Nicole - I love your sig!!! Tell your DD she does good work!!

Sandy - Enjoy your YMCA membership...I that's awesome!! I understand your shyness...but you have nothing to be ashamed of. Get out there and get your workout in and have fun!! You've been doing this stuff and you know what you're doing...go on and show em what you're working with!!! It's not about what others think of you or what they think you can and cannot so. It's a workout facility and that's what you go there for. If people have nothing better to do than sit around and judge people....well, I'll stop there. I think you get the idea.

Hi Dallas, Netta, Lora, Diane Sue, Suz, Susan...have a wonderful day.

I'll be working tomorrow...so I'll get back with you all then.

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Since I had such a crappy workout this morning I came home and did Low Max segments #4-#7. Great 45 min. workout. I was in my zone for 30 min. and burned 207 calories. I hate sweating when I have my makeup on, its nasty! LOL!! I don't care, at least I was sweating!

Is Charlotte on vacation? Anyone know?

Hope you all have a great evening!

Debbie -I was wondering the same thing about Charlotte. I hear you about frustration regarding your body. You look a lot better than me.....I have more than a couple pounds to lose. I can't seem to get it to budge for nothing. I just started varying my aerobic intensities and if this doesn't help, I'll switch up my weights....have been meaning to do this, but I can't force myself to stick to a rotation right now. Sorry you had a crappy workout. I know all about that!! I'm actually sore already from TurboJam Sculpting this morning. I'm surprised. I also hate sweating with makeup on....although when I wear my Bare Minerals (Bare Escentuals), since they are minerals....it's not too bad. I like wearing them in the humidity also.

Marietta - What do you mean by "intersting"? How did you do running on top? Were you flying all over? It's pretty difficult to balance and run on that surface, eh??? I really feel my stabilizers firing to balance on that thing.

In case anyone is curious, I called my Ob/Gyn today and they said if my period does this next month also, I need to come in for an ultrasound to rule out a cyst. They said, they've heard of women having periods every 2 weeks in menopause......GREAT. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't get the migraines and pain flaring in my neck/shoulders from the hormones!! I can't take this ....plus I'm a bloated little piggy! I'm also craving chocolate like a maniac. Maybe I'll go dig out a chocolate piece of sugar free taffy. That's better than regular chocolate!

Where did Charlotte go on vacation.

Sandy - that membership sounds fun ...enjoy it!

Terri - Happy birthday. Enjoy your special day.

Hi to everyone else.........finally out of prison!!!

Afternoon Ladies!

I'm supposed to be making dinner. Well, I am, but I left the stove alone for the moment. :eek: It just dawned on me it's Terri's b-day. Had to get on here and wish you a good one...even though it's almost over. Sorry about that. It's been crazy here!

I didn't do the called Imax 2, but a 30 minute treadmill run instead, followed by the 300 walking lunges. My legs are fried. I couldn't imagine how they would have felt if I did Imax 2. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: It could be from the 45 minutes steady run w/LL over the weekend. I didn't split that up like Cathe said to do. I probably should have. I could barely finish the sit-n-stands. My legs were really shaking. If this rotation doesn't get this rear in gear I don't know what will. LOL! }( ;-) :7

Hi to everyone else. I'll have to come back and read what everyone has been up to today. I don't want dinner to burn. ;-) I'm making spinach and rice. :9

Dallas

Netta - I'm not sure if DDD is secure or not. I just went to each and placed an item in my cart. I then clicked a button that said....checkout on a secure site.....and when it loaded, it came up that I had to register and I'm too tired to try it right now. If you want, you can do a search on Videofitness.com and see if they mention anything about that. If it's not, Amazon.com and CDUniverse.com both stock Rainbeau's DVD's and they are reasonable prices, although you won't get the 20% off.

Just thought I'd check in with you all one more time. I have a ride planned with a girlfriend in the morning. She's the one who is probably the fastest girl in town. I told her she really needs to start pushing me so I can get faster. But now I have another friend who wants to ride Wednesday morning who is also fast, so I better not push too hard tomorrow. I imagine all 3 of us will go Wednesday. Wish me luck!

Guess what? IT'S WINDY! 30 mile an hour winds at the moment. Sheeesh! But we don't have any smog. }(

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.