Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for January 2018

Roselyn, I am glad you are starting to feel up to some cardio. I know how you have been feeling. I went through all of this not long ago. It was miserable.

Today's workout was Build and Burn Cardio Core, 181 calories, average heart rate 135, max 171, 1,999 steps, 27 minutes. I then did Build and Burn Trim and Tone Intervals, 24 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 164, 157 calories, 1,652 steps. Total time was 51 minutes, 338 calories burned 3,651 steps total.

Debbie, I saw Kelly posted that she got all of those New Years orders shipped out. I don't know if you look at facebook, but she had a pictire of her desk and office with the order forms and dvds piled around and said she was a one man show or something like that. She did it all herself.

Today I went for a 5 mile walk outside, 1 hour 35 minutes and I burned 640 calories. I really hurt my back again scrubbing bathrooms! I was bent over scrubbing my shower and I couldn't get back up! I had a hard time sleeping I was so sore:( I have to wear my back brace now for washing floors ect. I just cant catch break.

Roselyn,
nice job on the Triple Threat workout. I don't know what that is, I will have to google it and check it out.

Diane Sue, That was a good workout you did today! Thanks for the info on the spinning bike and the rower. I am going to read reviews on rowing machines and then check them out on Amazon.

Have a nice day, I am watching the Football Playoffs all weekend!

Roselyn, I heard others say that live workout was a good one and that they really liked it.

Jolie, I am sorry that you are going to have to wear the back brace for scrubbing floors and showers. It must be so disheartening when you are trying so hard to get in shape. Don't be too hard on yourself. I got an adjustable height mop with the terry pad that I use on our wood floors with some spray. I also use it on the tile with glass cleaner. I only use water and my big mop bucket about once a month and go back and towel off all of the wood floors so they are not left wet very long. I like it so much better having much less carpet though. Great job on the walk today. I saw what I am guessing were rowers at Orange Therapy when we went inside to check out prices. They are quite costly and they do classes, you cannot just use a piece of equipment. My grandson was getting a free gym membership in a smaller gym where he lives for cleaning the gym. It gave him the advantage of being able to workout during the summer months when he wasn't working his other jobs. Right now he just has his two jobs though because it is his senior year and he has wrestling practices.

Roselyn, that is great.

Today was rest day and a family birthday celebration for my daughter in law. Editing that, as I said for me, meaning that was all for me ?

Last edited:
Today I did Gym Style Chest & Triceps and did the Superset Premix. How fun!! I loved this workout. It was tough and I went really heavy. I've never done this premix before, glad I checked it out.

Superset #1
Dumbbell Press - 30's/12 reps
Dumbbell Flies - 25's/12 reps
Rested a bit and then repeated

Superset #2
Dumbbell Lying Extensions - 12's/8 reps (slow rep count, killer!)
Seated Overhead Extensions - 20#/12 reps
Rested a bit and then repeated

Superset #3
Drop Set Push-Ups - 8/6/4/2 reps
Dumbbell Flies - 25's/12 reps

Superset #4
Cross-Body Extensions - 10#/12 reps
One Arm Kickbacks - 10#/10 reps

Superset #5
Incline Dumbbell Press - 25's/12 reps
Incline Flies - 20's/12 reps

Superset #6
Triceps Dips - 24 reps (I crashed at 18)
Band Kickbacks

Workout was 36 minutes, Avg HR 116, Max was 139 and I burned 197 calories.

Then I got on my treadmill and did the Tabata workout for 11 minutes and then just walked until time was up.

Workout was 22 minutes, did 1.25 miles, burned 154 calories, went 2820 steps. Avg HR was 119 and max was 190.

I went grocery shopping at Aldis yesterday (love that store) and they had a 3-kettlebell set for $19.99. I could not pass that up. It had 5#, 10# and 15# kettlebells. How cool is that? They are nice, too. Can't wait to try them out! I can't wait to get my Kelly workouts either!!

Diane Sue - Edited as it is not Diane's birthday. LOL!

Jolie - So sorry to hear about your back. You need to lay off on the workouts for a while and let it heal to 100%. I think you are just reinjuring it because it isn't healing properly. Take a few weeks off and then you will be good to go!!

Roselyn - Glad to see you are feeling good again. I bet you're glad that's over with!!!

We are having ice and snow come down so I'm off today. The roads are horrible and we are under a winter weather emergency in some areas. So sick of this weather...

Last edited:
Debbie, I edited my post above. It is not my birthday. I went back and read my post and it really did not come out right. That was a great deal on the kettlebells. I am sure that you will enjoy them. Kelly said she shipped the workouts so I would think that they would arrive soon. I used to use the Super set premixes on Gym Styles upper workouts more than the regular workouts. Sometimes I would have to pause to change weights more because of the time between sets. I am glad you found a mix that you loved. I hate ice and snow mixed. I am glad that you got to stay home.

I finished Fit Split Low Impact/Metabolic conditioning, 50 minutes, 329 calories, heart rate 124 average, max 165, 2,229 steps. I have to get out and run some errands.

Diane Sue - LOL! Sorry! I thought that wasn't right because your birthday seemed like it wasn't that long ago? Ok now it makes sense!!

Today is my rest day. It is actually raining here today!!!! Yesterdays workout was a 7 mile walk outside and it was so pretty and the weather was perfect, 75 degrees. I walked for 2 hours and 20 minutes and burned 998 calories. I am going back to the Chiropractor tomorrow and I hope that helps. I just cant do all of the house cleaning anymore, 3,000 square feet of moping kills me and 3 full bathrooms to scrub is just too hard for me. I am going to hire a house keeper for once a month to do the floors and the bathrooms and I will do the rest myself. I was going to start painting the house but now I am putting that on the back burner. I am going to heal and then revisit everything that needs to be done at home.

Debbie, great job on the that workout today! Wow, those weights are impressive. I don't have the store that you got the kettle bells at in our area. I will however look for some at Marshal's and TJMaxx. I am going to start the pushup challenge next week, I will start at 10 pushups a day for a week and then increase the next week. I will be taking baby steps with this, it is something I have always wanted to try.

Diane Sue, I hope you had a great rest day with your family! Good job on the workout today. Is that one of the new workouts? I am going to start kickboxing soon for some cardio and continue with the walking. I am going to lay off the weights a little till I feel better. I still have to inquire about getting my spin bike fixed, I have to wait till the kids go back to school tomorrow before I have time to tackle things for myself.

Roselyn, I am so happy that you are feeling better and you are kickin butt on your workouts.

Have a wonderful day.

Debbie, when I went back and read how I worded my post I could see how it was misinterpreted. We have Aldi here and I never go there. I even had one in the smaller city we lived in for awhile. I see money saving mom on facebook always seems to love Aldi. I suppose I should check them out. I thought they were just a grocery store that you had to pay to rent the cart till you got the money back when you went through check out or something like that? You can tell I haven't been there :)

Jolie, it's nice to have all of the bathrooms, but a larger home and lots of baths require lots of time. I am happy we downsized. I still need to get rid of junk. Maybe things will calm down for you. Could you do barre type work? It probably is best to let up on the weights for awhile. Yes, I am doing Cathe's Fit Split January rotation with some changes on cardio here and there.

Roselyn, how did you like the Fit Split abs? It is almost all some type of planks and stuff that requires being on your hands for a long time. My wrists did not like it to much. I will be doing it tomorrow with the shred cardio.

Today I did a cardio workout from my treadmill app and I created the workout. The workout is called Hiit Rep Run and I got it from the Runners World magazine and followed their layout. It was tough but fun although I had to take a break in the middle because I started getting dizzy and feeling weird. Not sure what that was all about. This is the layout of the workout:

5 minute warmup
10 minute jog 1% incline
1 minute sprint up a 3% incline - 2 minute walk on a 3% incline - repeated 8 times
10 minute jog 1% incline for 5 min., 0% for 5 min.
5 minute cool down

Was really fun, did all of that on a 3% incline and it was hard. I ran at a speed of 6 - 6.2. Fun stuff.

Workout was 54 minutes, ran 3.77 miles, burned 420 calories (TM said 524) and went 7671 steps. Avg HR was 133 and Max was 189. My HR seems to be about right now with my FB. This one seems to read a bit more accurate than the Blaze. Hope it stays that way.

Diane Sue - Aldis is awesome. You have to pay 25 cents for a cart, but this ensures that the carts are returned and stay in good condition. Most all of the products in the store are organic now, at least out here. And they have an aisle of close out things and they always have some really good things in those aisles. I love that store. They've come a long way since they first opened. Their produce is fresh and cheap. And you get your quarter back when you put your cart away. :)

I got my Kelly workouts, yay!!!

Jolie - My house is big as well, not as big as yours but big and I can't keep up with it. I'm hoping we will downsize soon. I can relate with what you are saying. Hope your back feels better soon!

Roselyn - Are you liking Cathe's new workouts?

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Today's workout was Fit Split Cardio Shred, 29 minutes, 208 calories, heart rate average 137, max 160, 2,610 steps. I only used one riser height this time instead of the two. It lowered my calorie burn and heart rate from last time a bit. Not much though. I then did Fit Split Bonus abs, 13 minutes, 65 calories, heart rate average 11, max 137, 192 steps. This one went a bit better this time without so much wrist pain. I finished off with 21 Day FIx Extreme Yoga, 32 minutes, 60 calories. Total time was 74 minutes and calories burned 333. My yoga choice was probably not so good as you are on your hands quite a bit. I almost stopped and chose something else.

Debbie, yeah on your Kelly workouts showing up. I will have to check out Aldis. I go to Sprouts most of the time and hit Walmart for the things I cannot get at Sprouts or that are just too ridiculous in price like recycled toilet paper and tissues. I wonder if I can find Aldis on my Ibotta app.

Raining again, actually it hasn't stopped! I will take it but I feel sorry for the people who live in the burn areas, lots of mud slides I hear. No workout, I went to the Chiropractor and I feel much better. A lot of the pain is my kidney, I need to do a flush! It is inflamed and pushing on my spine. This has happened to me before so I know the drill!

Great workouts everyone! I will be walking this week since that does not hurt me in any way and then I will see how I feel at the end of the week. I will be wearing my neoprene back brace for support this week. Things are looking up!

Debbie, great cardio workout today! Let me know what you think of the Kelly workouts. Do you only do the 30 minute workout or do you do the entire dvd at one time? I like the shorter workouts so I can still get my walking in each day. I will go through all of mine and see what I have. I love Shape Up minus the cardio. I do the weight workout along with the TM and it is really fun.

Diane Sue, I am glad you are liking your new workouts. Sprouts is having 25% off all vitamins right now!

Have a nice day.

Roselyn, Fit Split bonus abs is one challenging ab workout. I still kept messing up on that last ab move because I was not always getting back out into a full plank. By that segment I am pretty fatigued anyway.

Jolie, I am glad things are looking up. My daughter in law started Whole 30 to try and help with her pain and inflammation. I think the elimination of the dairy and all sugars and sweeteners really help for that. It is tougher than the average Paleo diet. But, is intended to clean up the diet and find what can be added back into the diet. I hope you can get that cleared up. I like the way Kelly does the Tabatas in the weight work of shape up. It is only upper though. Lower is the cardio. I have used that weight workout a lot. I went to Sprouts and got two bottles of Vibrant Health Joint Vibrance. I had let up purchasing much because of expense and when the sale came I picked up two. I was really starting to feel the knees and pretty much all of my joints when I let up on it. Vital Proteins does not work for me. It is just type 2 collagen which is more for skin, hair, and nails. Joint vibrance has curcumin tumeric , and grape seed , and stuff to help with the inflammation along with a combination of types of collagen and msm. I need to pick up some more wild mediterranean oregano oil since I am out and my husband seems to be coughing. I used the last bottle to get over whatever cold, sinus virus I had.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.