Hardcore Crazy ones for Wed Dec 20

acatalina

Cathlete
Ok, is everyone still sleeping?I can't believe i am starting this.
I just b&G premix blast last night. Why do my legs go on fire w/ that w/o... I am up early, so going to try to get one in this morning.Can you believe i was up at 5:30....
I don't know what , but something...abs and upper something.
I give up on rotations. I always blow them away and get screwed up.
I cannot believe i beat Lora on here.

Suz, enjoy the snow and no offense. I don't want it.... I like this nicer weather. Better for business. Blizzard means no cust.
We haven't had a super bad winter in like 8 years with alot of snow.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

We were posting at the same time Anne - and don't you know by now....that nobody ever BEATS ME!.........I just have been taking my time posting these days cuz I'm not working and I'm working out longer. I think I'm still the first one out of bed!!!!! except for ....is it Netta that gets up at 2:30 am with me?

Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme - Upper Body Quickie premix followed by an extra bicep exercise (hammers on an incline) and the Core Segment (60 minutes) then I did Ultimate Butt & Legs Gliding Leg workout with Mindy (30 Minutes). I also did Namaste Yoga "Riding The Wind". I burned 440 calories at the end of the leg workout.

I also did Total Yoga Earth last night. Restorative Yoga.

Have great workouts everyone.

Anne - Thanks for the email. That was cute.

Diane Sue - So - do you like Amy's All Pump DVD? Have you used the bar over 2 chairs to do pull ups move yet? I conversed with Amy the other day via email and I let her know that some of her premix times were wrong. I also told her that I'd like to see more premixes around 45-65 minutes long. She thanked me for the input and also for letting her know about the premixes. She said that she's surprised her or Greg didn't realize that but explained that when so many people are involved in a project and you're trying to make everything perfect, things are bound to get overlooked. I really admire Amy because she does a full time day job, and then teaches classes at night and does her fitness videos on the side. She is also a Nutritionist. She's always so nice in conversation.

Toasty -Mini TAL update over at the BPAL site. I'm waiting for the Carnivale. Geez....how long we gonna have to wait??

ETA: I'm depressed today. I've worked my entire life and for what? To end up 47, unemployed and offered a job sending me back to what I made over 10 years ago!! gee......I feel real good about myself these days! Plus....I don't see any change in my legs and I've been working them like a dog for 6 weeks straight now! I'm ready to give up and throw the towel in!

Forgot to mention this - I fell asleep a couple nights ago with my hard plastic ball with the spikes on it (called goosebumps) under the right side of my head and ever since then, I've lost the feeling in the right side of my head! I wonder if I damaged a nerve or something. At first, I was a bit frightened cuz I noticed it right after my DH and I were having a screaming fight over this job stuff and I felt my blood "boiling". Anyway, shortly after that, I noticed the numbness on the right side of my head and at first, I was thinking I might be having a stroke and then I remembered the ball thing the other night. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I know.....LOL....how many people do you know that lie on hard spikey balls?

Also - If anyone still has Santa requests, I highly recommend the Gliding Disc set! It's relatively inexpensive for the basic set of Discs with the DVD. The basic DVD has one cardio workout 30 min, one butt and thigh workout 30 minute and a total body workout 30 min (which has a killer ab segment). I really think that Gliding works the legs differently than traditional leg work and would be great to shake up your routine. I think it's fun also. It really shakes up your ab work also. If you think pikes are difficult on the ball, you should try them on the gliding discs! And if you're really brave, I'd recommend the Gliding Gone Wild disc. It has the 30 minute cardio (urban striptease/gliding) followed by 10 minutes of butt/thigh work and 10 minutes of ab work.

http://www.glidingdiscs.com/

Well, i am done for this morning. I did GS chest and tri. Lightened up for this month.Only because i am supposed to not do it at all, but i have to just maintain... I did coremax 1. Can you believe it in the am. to boot..
Lora, you probably pressed on a nerve and pinched it. Stretch and work it out. I betcha it will come back.
Santa here is done. No more stores for me.Not till the rush is over. I only need groc for the weekend.

HOWS THE SNOW!!!!IN THE WILDERNESS>>>>>out there)))0000000000.
Check out my house pictures from years ago. We used to get that all the time.
The mountain climbers they think are gone. They are thinking they fell from the cliff from our paper. They said they may have to start digging in 10 ft of new snow to hunt for them.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Good morning maniacs.

Well I did squeeze Plyo in yesterday afterall yeah!!...didn't think I would have time for that in the evening so on every break from my seminar I ran across the street and ran up and down 6 flights of stairs, 2 stairs at a time. So I got maybe a little extra cardio in. I love plyo!!!makes me sweat so much!

Well...I will catch up on yesterdays thread in little bit, have to run to the dentist then to the office.

Lora...now I want discs too...geez, cardio coachs, pull up bar, more yoga tapes, weighted gloves...want want want.

BBL

AMBER

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I made it thru Plyo's yesterday. Don't know what my problem was but I haven't been that tired like I was in a long time. Not like me. And that one is my favorite workout so I was aggravated. My calves are sore today...anyone else have sore calves from the plyo's? Today is shoulders/arms and housecleaning. I think we are getting close to selling this house. The couple that want it are waiting to close end of month..same time FIL comes to live...nice, huh? Just what I need...chaos. Too many things to happen at once. So anyhow, there are 2 more couples that want to come and check out our home this week. One from Wisconsin.

Suz,

Wow, that is alot of snow. People would not be able to handle that out here...I am telling ya. There goes my cat again...trying to click on the mouse. She is so jealous when I talk to y'all.

Anne,

Great workout and getting up so early. Dh asked me to make breakfast at 3:30...I couldn't stop laughing. He asked me what my problem was??? lol. I told him where the oatmeal was. That is what I eat. I do sometimes make him breakfast, but not that early.

Lora,

I checked out all the new stuff. The stuff at Twilight is interesting. The stuff at BPAL is not so for me. I could care less about wrist bands, etc.

Well I will be back later. My cat is threatening me with her look to jump on my keyboard and cause everything to go to cyberspace.

Charlotte~~

I got your sick little joke..speaking of a mouse. Just what I need when I wake up. he he.

Charlotte, is that your cat talking at hte end of your post, or you talking to yourself? LOL!! That is a little strange about being so tired, but you have been going non stop for a while. Good luck with the house!

Amber- way to go finding a way to get cardio in! Running up all the stairs like that. Too funny!

Anne- good job WO this mornign. Haven't done a morning WO in a long time. Actually lol this mornign at 6 when DH woke me up when I thought about doing a WO. Yeah right! That is sad abuot those hikers.

Lora- geez, was that a 3 hour WO this mornign? Good job. Don't give up on those legs. You will get there. Hope you have a better day.

I am planning on some B&G later. The DM scrambled cardio I did last night was alot of fun. Nice to do some cardio that isn't just step. Really enjoyed it. And of course B&G bonus abs is a goody too! I hope to feel that later.
I am hoping to get the boys into the doc today. Better be safe then sorry incase they got some infections going on.

Good mornign to everyone!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning Maniacs!

This morning I tackled Cardio Coach #5. Suz, I LOVED IT!!!! And Lora, you never got back to me on when we'd do this one together so I just did it this morning. Never did I think I'd ever make it to this workout. Its 50 minutes long with 3 - 4 minute jog/runs in it and then 2 other challenges with sprints. I was able to do this with no problem! And I had a great time. I can't believe how fast the time goes doing these workouts.

Workout was 1 hr. 7 min., I was in my zone for 46 minutes and burned 356 calories. Great burn for whats ahead today - POTLUCK AT WORK! I'm stressing over it big time. I am hoping I can just contain myself and eat in moderations.

Hope you all have great workouts!

ok,SOLD... now i have to get me those. I am going to order them. They only had a 30 second clip of them. It was a general. Is #1 pretty easy. I am going to be on light duty soon....
My main focus right now is maintain muscle and fat loss.
I will start building again by March i hope...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Morning Hardcore ladies:

Today's workout was Shoulders & Arms and will do AbX tonite. Hard for me to do over 1 hour in the mornings. I'm so glad I installed a DVD drive on my computer so I don't tie up the TV at night. Why did it take me so long to figure this out?

Anne, Cardio Coach is great. I'm thinking one of the easier ones is CC#2 (the original). I have done #1, but remember being surprised that it wasn't that easy. It's been a while so you'll probably get better advice from someone else. You can shorten any of them, but for recovery time, CC#2 seemed to give plenty. Anne, so sad about the climbers.

Lora, I've been getting up at 4:30 lately as I'm on a later schedule at work now. Like having a couple hours extra to sleep. Think it does make a difference. Lora, I have one of those jobs that really is not something I'm proud of and I don't base my self-worth on my career at all or the money I make. It's just a job. My real life is when I come home. Love my DH and activities and hobbies. That's my real life. Try to look for the good in things. My body will never be perfect but I can accept that. I actually feel the best when my cardio is good, which Cathe's workouts have helped make possible.

Toasty, PlyoX was tough, tough, tough for me yesterday. I know for me it's the lack of carbs, but I had tons of power for lifting today. I know your house will sell soon and you will be able to handle it all. You are so tough and inspire me greatly.

Amber, glad PlyoX was good for me, wish I could have said the same. Hope the dentist visit goes okay.

Maeghan, hope the boys are better today or can at least see the doctor. You have sure been hit by lots of this stuff. Good workout.

Debbie, way to go on CC#5. Great calorie burn! I haven't done that one yet. I'm doing a CC tomorrow night but will pick an easy one as my carbs are low and my cardio capacity sucks right now.

Suz, Christmas Cookies??? I resisted a whole box of See's Truffles yesterday that was given to me. I just set them out for the guys and they were gone in a flash. I'm not bringing anything home. How's the snow? How much did you get? Blizzard conditions? Aren't you glad you are at home now? I have next week off and looking forward to it. Enjoy Shoulders and Arms today!!

Got to go,

Jeanette

Morning Maniacs! Didn't get my workout in yesterday. You will not believe this, but I fell on some ice! It was in the bank parking lot. You know, right in front and in clear view of all the drive-up people. LOL!!!!!! Anyways, I came this close *pinches fingers together* to really hurting my knee. To give you a visual, I slipped, fell on twisted knee, bent my finger back and slid right under the car. Oh, I'm sure there was laughter going on somewhere. I think I'm ok, but my knee feels kinda tight and funny this morning, so I'm not going to do anything with it today. I might do an upperbody work later. 1 day til vacation...

Lora- I think you are normal with this job thing. I also think it might be our age in life. I feel worthless alot about my job, even though I enjoy it for the most part. Being a Dog Groomer is not high on the list of prestigious jobs, if you know what I mean. Even though I've had my own business for 20 years and have been somewhat successful at it. I still feel like I missed a turn somewhere along the road, like I had a bigger purpose in life. Anyways, I have to try really hard to think like Jeanette. Life is about what is after work, your friends and family and hobbies you love.

Suz- How much snow did you get over there! Can you hear me? Do you have power?

Hi to everyone else. I'm sorry I don't have much time to talk this morning. I've got to get to work now.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Thanks Netta. Yeah, the boys are miserable today. They are going to the doc at noon. Which of course is nap time, so they will just be more miserable later lOL!!!! Oh well, rather that then they get sicker. I am hoping they get some antibiotics and kick it for good. Good job on your WO. Isn't great when you feel powerful while lifting. SOmedays are a struggle lol!

Lora- Netta had some good advice, so ditto what she said!

Deb- great job! It seems you are getting better at the run segments! I haven't been on the TM in a few weeks. Was getting bored with the running. I am waiting to order some CC, I want to see if hubby gets me my MP3 player first! Then I will hit the TM again. Well, that and because it is kinda of buried underneath all the boys presents right now! LOL!

Suz- I am anxiously awaiting to hear about your weather! I lived in Aurora for 4 years so I know how crazy it can get out there. Don't worry, all the snow will probably melt tomorrow!

Dallys- GEESH! Glad you are alright. Smart taking it easy with the knee. I know all to well how you feel about the job thing. I always feel like there is something out there for me too, but I just can't get there. If I didn't have a family, I would have stayed in the military for sure. Wasn't going to leave my babies to go to Korea though! BUT, I would not want to change being here with my boys everyday. I know they love it too. THAT is what is important!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Bionics,

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Just kidding! I am glad you didn't hurt yourself worse. I have fell right on my back before. Sorry the weather is so out there..makes it very dangerous for getting around. I betcha ready for your vacation.

Netta,

I didn't consume as many carbs yesterday. I thought I would cut back from days before I consumed pizza and such. My body was probably like..wth and shut down? I like alot of the people on the P90X workouts. Dreya is strong isn't she? She knows it though.;-)

Hi all..

Deb, perrysburg is the exit in which 75 goes north south, I think it's like 4a or 4b something like that. If you got off there and went north on 75, you would hit toledo in 4 miles or head to michigan, or south could take you to florida.

Suz..I bet it was the blue parrot. They had some strong drinks so I don't remember much..think it was called the Leapin lizard cocktail.;-) ;-)

Char..now I don't know about the 90# pull down weight, meaning, if that is accurate or not..but that is what the conversion chart says for the pulley system with 45# on the plates. I find it hard to believe myself but that is what DH says...so you know DH's are always right!

Suz...are you ok out there??? I see on the news you are getting hammered with snow. How does gizmo like the snow?

Dallys...that stinks, I slipped under my car before, it's not funny is it? I hope you did spare your knees!!!

Netta...I don't follow that diet either...I already don't eat meat and limit carbs that's enough for me. Although my wine has carbs..hehe.

Anne..I have a ? for you.. I think I burned my ears with the haircolor LoreaL. they are oozing and itching right at the top and crease..anything I can do? I have to keep that crap on for an hour (just roots) so that I can hide my grey..and have to do it every 3 weeks..so my head itches like mad...and now the ears...oozing. ewww.. Help! Amber

Gross I know..x(

Good morning!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Now they're saying ONLY 8-17 inches with 5 ft drifts and 45 mph winds. The winds are about 40 right now. You can't see a darn thing. We went to Sam's this morning before it was too bad but it was getting pretty bad by the time we left. They are just closing down the college. DH just bought me this keyboard for Christmas I've been eyeing. :) Last year he bought me one that was about $150 - I'm not very good but practicing. This one is MUCH nicer - from Sam's - a Yamaha and was $599. I'm going to take piano lessons. Took them for a couple years as a kid as did a lot of people. It's a Portable Grand. Mom made me choose between ballet and piano. You can see how far ballet got me. :p I should have stuck with piano. I'll be busy today. We'll see if Big Bird sings along to THAT noise!!!

Did Plyo last night and LOVED it again. I had all kinds of energy for it. Must have been the Christmas cookies girls. Hehehe. My abs are sore again this week. Not just a little sore either. Isn't that weird? They weren't sore last week. I'm liking they way they're looking.

Dallys - ouch! I've done that on a busy intersection. I haven't slid under a car though. I must admit I laughed out loud when I read that part. But I'm glad you're okay. I do hope your knee is okay. Good thing you'll be going on vacation and resting it. And for the record, I would have LOVED to have made a career out of working with animals. If only I would have been so smart when I was younger. I envy you.

Storm - I totally understand on the loss of business with big storms. That would suck. I never really thought of that. :( Way to work out in the AM!!!!! WHO ARE YOU?????

Lora - Great workout as always!!! Chin up girl. Things will get better.

Char - You've been under a lot of stress with the in-laws - I wonder if that's all it is with your lack of energy. Or it could be those bike rides and all the opening and closing of the windows b/c of the nice weather. :)

Amber - Great job on the stair climbing AND the Plyo yesterday! Way to get in a workout just in case.

Meg - I hope the boys feel better. And Meg - my other dream was to be a stay-at-home mom but I couldn't have kids. I think you're amazing for what you do! Plus all the OTHER things you do in addition to raising your boys.

Debbie - Potlucks are NOT a temptation for me. I'm kind of a germaphobe and they totally gross me out. :)

Jeanette - I LOVE See's candy! It's not easy to get here though. Not like in California. I guess that's a good thing. I only like the ones with the sprinkles on top and the soft nougat (sp?) stuff in the middle. My MIL used to buy me a whole box of those when she lived in SLC.

Amber - Gizmo LOVES the snow. It gives him the energy of like 50 puppies! He runs around and around and around and then does that 100 times more - outside and in the house. He's crazy! Amber too. They both love it. You know Anne is going to tell you that's what we get for coloring our own hair, don't you? :p

We still have power. Woo hoo!!!!!
Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Do you have little red bumps on your scalp? You may be allergic. I am just guessing w/out seeing it. If color burns (unless you are using 40 vol developer)something is wrong. 1st Benadryl. 2nd do a patch test on the back of the ear(below the ear)
Anne
Aka( Storm)

8-17 inches. WOW!!! Everthing would be pretty much shut down here..Even my truck wouldn't go in thet and i would be shoveling a long driveway....

I swear if i get another box of candy.... I have gotten 8 of them. I will not open them...
I am chewing on brocoli. OH GOD>>>>
Oh, and brownies and cookies and round chocolate thingies...
a 2# box of colebrook....
Oh, 5 bottles of wine.
Is everyone trying to make me big and fat???

God help me from temptation...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Good afternoon,
This morning I woke with a bad headache. It took awhile for me to get started. It is much better now. Our internet was down this morning so I couldn't check what was going on. I will have to read all of it later. I started my workout with Amy Bento's All Pump Ex.upper Split chest and shoulders, I skipped the abs and str, then I did the multi joint segment,then Step & Pump cardio and first lower segment, followed by Circuit Max circuits only doing squats and lunges between cardios with a 50# barbell, Butts & Guts floorwork and then Yoga Shatki moon salutations and inversions. Total workout was 2 hr 6 min..

Lora, I posted on Amy's site about the times and what was on each workout. She said that if I look at the about the mixes it shows what is on them. Also I think if you look at the upper body energy time it is off because they added on the corework. She said you could just skip the core work and go on the stretch. With the core it is 1 hr 16 minutes but if you take off the corework it is 1 hr and 2 min.. She is good about answering. When I originally posted she said she needed to go back and look at it so she could talk to me about it. That is a better price for those gliding discs than FW and FW doesn't have dvd's with theirs. I do think that is a lot for shipping and handling. I am going to go look in Academy sports and see if they have any first. How are the dvd's?

Hi to everyone. I will try and check back later. We have some plans for this evening and I have to go pick up the girls from school.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.