Hard Core **Hotties** Sunday Nov. 9

sunnyside

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs! Today is a rest day. Did P90X XStretch and then some stuff on the foam roller. Felt oh-so-good!

Hope you're all having a great Sunday!

Kinda quiet today!

I have to use weekends for workouts since I usually miss a day during the week (due to work) At a wedding yesterday so didn't get one in. Here was my w/out from Friday. I decided to challenge my self and up the weights....felt good. I get motivation from seeing all the workouts posted here!!!!!!!

30 minutes of Body Max step.

4DS UB Premix
CHEST
Incline Flys
20# /16/12, 25#/10
Incline Press 25#/10
BACK
1 Arm Row
25# 16, 35# 8/8
1 Arm Rows (horizontal)
25#/12
Barbell Rows
50# 7/7/7/7
Incline Pullovers
25#/12
SHOULDERS
Overhead Press
10#/16, 12#/12, 15#/8/8
Isolation Press
15#/4/4/4
Upright Row
15#/12
Lateral Raise
10#/8/8, 8#/8
Dble Trouble Supersets
8#/8/8
Isolations
5#/12/12
TRICEPS
OH Extentions
12#/16, 15#/12, 20#10, 25#/8
Lying BB Ext
30#/8
Lying DB Ext w/partials
8#/8
Dips 32
BICEPS
DB Curls
12#/14, 15#/12, 15#/10, 20#/8
Incline Hammer
15#/ 12
Hammer
15#/8
BB Curl with crazy eights
30#/8/4/4
Reverse
15#/10
Concentration
25#/8/6/6

Did all reps of push ups and band work.

Today will be cardio, not sure what routine I will do. Will post later.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

I am back from church and a couple of stores. Needed some more grocery items:) Today is a rest day. I did Yoga Shatki shoulder openers and lunge segments using the Matrix. Chilly and sunny here. I need to go outside and do a couple of things.

Dallys, on Debbie's Total body solutions, how many times a week do they suggest you do one bodypart?? I love X stretch. Wanted to do that this morning but didn't sleep well so not as much time as I had hoped for.

Sonya, nice workout:) Waiting to see what cardio you do today. Good job increasing the weights!

Good afternoon!

Woke up with ANOTHER stinkin' migraine. Well, same one actually. It just goes away and then comes back in the morning. It was worse today than it's been. I took Imitrex AGAIN and it went away in 30 minutes. I pray it's gone for good. I'm almost afraid to wake up tomorrow morning. :(

Today is a rest day for me. I wanted to do Stretch X too. Funny it was on all our minds but Dallys is the only one who got it done! My dad is in the hospital so I was on the phone more than I had planned. Then I went to church, came home and DH and I went to Qdoba for lunch, came back home, the doctor called me from the hospital (I thought that was nice b/c I hadn't talked with her yet and I hadn't even called her - she had asked someone else for my number - and she's in Washington and I'm in Wyoming) and now here I sit.

They're not sure what's wrong with my dad. He just turned 80 a couple of weeks ago. They think it may have been some kind of flu. He got really dehydrated and finally called some friends from down the road when he could no longer get out of bed. They came over and called 911. So far all of his tests are coming back normal, so that's good. Today he doesn't have a temp. The doctor said she isn't sure if he will be able to go home and take care of himself or if they will need to put him in a rehab facility. Tomorrow a new doctor will take over his case and will meet with a social worker to make that determination. They will look at his financial situation and see where he sits. FAT CHANCE!!! I would just love to be in the room for that one. My dad tells nobody of his financial situation. I'm the executor of his estate and I don't even know how much money he has! This could get ugly. I wonder how they handle people like him? He definitely has the money to cover any expenses, but do you think he'll tell them that? Nope! And doesn't Medicare cover the first couple of weeks of a rehab facility? And who works on that paperwork? The hospital and the social worker? Oh my! How I hate being so far away because of this kind of stuff. But his neighbors have been WONDERFUL taking care of every little thing - they have been friends for a long time even though my dad hasn't been the best friend in return. And there is that MUCH YOUNGER Hospice nurse who took care of his late wife who he tried to get something going with - she wanted him for his money and he wanted her for...well... I'm pretty sure she'll get involved and help out. She still needs money b/c she doesn't work full time. We'll have to keep a close eye on her. ;) But I'm sure she'll be a help when it comes down to it. I always said if it made my dad happy she could have my inheritance! But my dad doesn't give handouts so he kind of kicked her to the curb. I called her anyway. She is a good caretaker.

Sonya - NICE JOB on the weights woman! I bet you felt pretty good about that! What cardio did you choose?

Suz, sorry about the migraine. I know where you are coming from. I have had those that seemed to go on and on. I sometimes think it is a combination of things ie workouts, and stress that keeps them going like that. You may have some sore muscles or tension that just spurs it all on. Those are the worst. So sorry about your Dad. I hear this all of the time and since mine is right there in age with yours and has blood pressure problems and swollen legs and feet(huge) I often worry what is going to come next. Good for your Dad not giving anything away. But I do hope the nurse helps. My fil had an influx of women after him when my mil passed away. He married one my age and she took everything she could get out of him and then split :mad: Medical is not very good about taking care of the elderly. I don't believe that is right but that is the way it is. Takes time for them to get through all of the paperwork and get all of the apporvals. They will get there though. It seems like your Dad would let you know what his estate is since you are the executer. How are you supposed to help him out??
Well, I keep thinking that I still would like to do X stretch but really haven't done anything today beyond shopping and sitting on my backside at this computer LOL

Suz...So sorry about your dad. Hope everythign turns out ok. Will keep him in my prayers....and you too...migraines are awful. Haven't had one in a loonnngg time (TG!) If I feel one coming and catch it in time usually 2 excedrin migraine help. Take care of yourself.

Did Imax 2 today!

Gonna go do some Christmas shopping then go visit my mom.

Sonya- Great workout! You are lifting some good weights. I keep saying I need to get 4 day split out, but haven't for a long while. So many workouts, so little time.

Suz- So sorry you have a migraine. I hope you wake up tomorrow without it. Sounds like a lot going on with your dad. It's so hard when you are far away. Great that the neighbors are helping. I hope he's ok.

Diane Sue- They say to do those exercises every other day for 30 days and that should get you more endurance and flexibility.

I'm making some Roasted Basil Tomato Soup that I heard was really good. I have tomatoes roasting right now.:cool: Looks pretty healthy. Might use less butter though.

Here's the recipe:

Roasted Basil Tomato Soup

NGREDIENTS
3 pounds ripe plum tomatoes, cut in half
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 cups chopped yellow onions (2 onions)
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 (28-ounce) canned plum tomatoes, with their juice
4 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 quart chicken stock or water DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss together the tomatoes, ¼ cup olive oil, salt and pepper.
Spread the tomatoes in 1 layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
In an 8-quart stockpot over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the butter, and red pepper flakes for 10 minutes – until the onions start to brown.
Add the canned tomatoes, basil, thyme, and chicken stock.
Add the roasted tomatoes, including the liquid on the baking sheet.
Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
Pass through a food mill fitted with the coarsest blade.
Taste for seasonings.
Serve hot or cold.
(taken from the Food Network’s Barefoot Contessa)

Dallys, thanks. My shoulder is improving a lot. I did the yoga today (only 10 min) but helped loosen it up. Let us know how the soup turns out. I have plenty of tomatoes. Just bought more canning jar flats to can some more. Froze some because I was having a hard time finding the flats. I like tomaote soup:)

Dally's...the soup sounds yummy! Let me know how it turns out. My mom is having difficulty keeping food down and can't stomach meat right now so we've been making soups for her. She likes tomato so I might just try this one! Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.