Happy Father's Day!

pjlippert

Cathlete
Hi all,

I just want to say a very Happy Father's Day to all of the Dad-Cathletes. I also want to give MAJOR kudos to all Mom's who are BOTH Mom & Dad to their kid(s). And special blessings, hugs and love to those who have lost their Dad (I lost my Daddy to cancer about six years ago:() And of course super big honors to those who have a family member fighting for our freedom! God bless you all!! :D

Pam

Well I'll chime in and say "thank you" for the well wishes for Father's Day. :)
My youngest, my Dad, and myself all went to the local minor league baseball stadium for a game. They had a pre-game thing where they let people on the field for a "father-son" catch. Love doing that. Baseball has been a common thread between me, my Dad, and my two sons. Still remember the time my Dad was pitching to me out in a field adjacent to the house I grew up in. I was maybe 10 yrs old. First pitch, I hit a ball that landed....where else...right on the windshield of my father's car parked at the opposite end of the lot. I remember my mom giving him the old "I told ya so" speech and afterwards he turned to me and gave me a quick smile. He seemed so proud of me in spite of the damage I had done. lol!!

Thanks for this post Pam! I'd also like to wish all the dad's here a belated Happy Father's Day...I lost my dad about 21 years ago. He was only 54 years old. :( (heart attack) His death, and many other family members' deaths, remind me how blessed I feel to have found cathedotcom to keep me on track with my fitness & keeping my heart as healthy as possible!

Thanks for this post Pam! I'd also like to wish all the dad's here a belated Happy Father's Day...I lost my dad about 21 years ago. He was only 54 years old. :( (heart attack) His death, and many other family members' deaths, remind me how blessed I feel to have found cathedotcom to keep me on track with my fitness & keeping my heart as healthy as possible!

I feel for you Debbie. (((HUGS))) I lost my dad in 95 to cancer and he too was only 54 years young. :( I think of him pretty much daily and miss him a lot but days like y'day are especially hard for me. I think I cried 3x over the course of the day because of that.

Wendy!

Awww Wendy, I didn't know that! I'm sorry. It's so hard, particularly the holidays without our loved ones. I lost my mom in a car accident when she was only 43, my dad at 54 to heart attack and a brother to cancer at 45...way, way too young for them all to die! I miss them all so much too but thankful for the great memeoires I hold close. Big hugs to you!

Awww Wendy, I didn't know that! I'm sorry. It's so hard, particularly the holidays without our loved ones. I lost my mom in a car accident when she was only 43, my dad at 54 to heart attack and a brother to cancer at 45...way, way too young for them all to die! I miss them all so much too but thankful for the great memeoires I hold close. Big hugs to you!

Oh my gosh, Debbie!!!! How sad that is! I'm so sorry!!! :( Yes, the memories of deceased loved ones are good ones and they keep me going! My grandma on my mom's side died at 66 from cancer. I was only 10 years old at the time and she was sick for 2 years prior to passing away so I really "lost" her at 8. She was like my best friend. VERY CLOSE. I was devastated. Atleast I was an adult when my dad passed away. I got many good years with him.

Okay, I am gonna make myself cry. I'll stop now! :p (((DEB)))

Wendy, how special to have had such a neat grandma that you loved so much! BTW, do you remember my brother's name?

Not sure if you are guessing or teasing but, yes, it is Joseph! We always called him Joey which would make his coworkers laugh and make fun later. He didn't know a stranger and loved people and life itself. How is your Joey? How old now?

Joseph was really what I thought it might have been but it didn't come to me initially when I started writing back to you. Sounds like your brother was a great person! I think it's in the name! ;) Joey is growing up so fast! Turned 5 in May. He's a BIG boy! He is a comedian, a singer, a musician, a gigolo,a terror and a brain all rolled into one! LOL

Re: He is a comedian, a singer, a musician, a gigolo,a terror and a brain all rolled into one! LOL

I'd have to say my brother only fit into the comedian part! He couldn't really sing, but he'd try! Not one of my talents either...you only want to hear me sing, "Far, Far Away"! Ha! I can't believe your Joey is 5! Honestly, it seems just a couple years ago he was born. Give him a hug from me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.