Handheld Blender Suggestions-HELP

icumom

Cathlete
Hi All,
Mom wants a handheld blender to use in her soup pot.
She wants to emulsify her veggies in it....
On amazon, I've seen the Braun 550,Cuisinart, and Kitchenaid as some powerful ones.
Then I got in on the act thinking that I could make smoothies or something without dragging out the blender....

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with different brands???

I've had several hand held blenders since my kids were babies. I could not be without one. I use it every day. It can make home made stews into sauces to spread on spaghetti, makes smoothies, purees the thicker contents of soups for a more even texture, etc. I currently have a Phillips brand one, had it 2-3 years, lose track, paid about $30 for it. For me, it's an incredible item and well worth every cent spent on it. Now, if I could find a toaster that would last longer than a year.....

Be careful how you wash it. The part that goes first, and that is irreplaceable, is the rubber ring around the blades. So try to get the food remains away from this area without digging them out with a sharp knife, as this will damage the rubber and kill your blender faster than anything. My advice? Wash, rinse the blades section immediately after use, or leave to soak in soapy water.

Clare

I have the Cuisinart SmartStick and I'd be lost without it. I love it and can't recommend it highly enough!

I have a Braun and love it! It comes with lots of attachments and no rubber ring to worry about. Everything can go in the dishwasher except the main power source.

We have a Braun too... DH uses it more than I ever did, but I think mine only came with 3 attachments: a main blending/puree, one frother/whipper for smoothie, and I can't remember the third, but don't think we ever used it... It won't do everything that a blender does, but if you want it to make soupes, sauces, etc, then it is invaluable! I think we have had ours for about 5+ years now and had NO issues with any parts. We don't put it in the DW but do take care to wash it before anything dries to prevent any damage to any moving parts :D DM wanted one too, so got her one just like mine and she LOVED it!

I don't know what brand I have but I sat through a demo once for one being sold for $300. I thought that was nuts and found one for under $40 at Target. Does what a blender does, without taking up counter space. Can't beat the quickie clean up, either.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.