Haircolor Question...

You could have colored it again that day depending on the product. Is it a bottle job? Are you wanting to do a modulator to take some of the color off, or are you wanting to just apply another color?

jes

A couple of years ago I tried a new shade of red and it turned out wine/burgundy which looked horrible on my pale with yellow undertones skin. I dyed it again the next day. Nothing happened to my hair, but this is something that most professionals don't recommend you do by yourself. Even so, I think that if your hair is healthy and doesn't break easily you can do it, but when you go to the store or beauty supply to buy the new dye pick up a deep conditioner too. I wouldn't try out a new color if I were you, I would go back to the previous one just in case you end up with another shade you don't like.

The last time I did mine, it came out darker than I wanted. So I bought a Herbal Essence highlighting kit and added a few highlights the same day. I'm very happy with the results.

It may sound strange, but my haridresser told me once to was my hair a coulple times with dishwasher detergent, then condition in really well. This will strip some of the color out....At the Aveda salon I go to, they did this to me, after I messed my hair and turned it magenta. It removed a lot of it, and then they did hightlights over it to cover it up.

Good luck

joanna

I once colored my hair three times in one day because of a misunderstanding regarding the exact definition of the word auburn. I thought auburn meant brown with reddish highlights. Apparently, it actually means brick red.

The good news is, coloring my hair three times didn't seem to cause any lasting damage to my hair. My scalp was tender for several days, though.

Shari

You could wash your hair out with Prell. It worked when I colored my hair which looked like fake red. My hair is almost black so one time I colored my hair jet black. I washed it with prell the next day or the day after to lighten it up. I haven't colored my hair in 2 years since I am happy with my natural color now. I found a trick to it...A GOOD haircut! Ever since I've been getting a good haircut/hairstyle, I found myself stop coloring my hair.

I have colored my hair 2x in one day since I didn't like the first color. It didn't ruin my hair per se but it did dry the bottom out which caused me to cut 2 inches off. It depends on which product you use. If you used permanent, it can dry your hair out. I hope things work out for you.

If you don't mind waiting, usually if your hair was lighter before it will fade with a few washings. I know because if I try to go darker it fades out back to clse to where I was before. It would be a lot less stress on your hair to wait it out.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

I asked the lady who does my hair the same question, she said rule of thumb is about 2 weeks........

Rhonda

You could also put olive oil all over your hair and leave it overnight, this should lift some of the color. You might also try mixing some baking soda with a cheap dishwashing liquid.

The more you chemically process your hair, the more you will damage it. I think the Olive oil idea is worth a try.

I have mine colored every 5 weeks. My stylist uses a semi-permanent because it's less damaging.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.