H-A-T-E Nov 29

August

Cathlete
Morning!

Yesterday's Power Hour was really nice. I usually don't like endurance lifting, but since it had been ages since I'd done a full-out lifting DVD, I really enjoyed it. Was it you, Jeanette, who was saying you were getting sort of tired of circuits? I've been focusing on them this month (and next). I miss just lifting.

And on that note, today is supposed to be "challenge day" so I did Endurance of Movement plus a short Christi. Midway through Christi I was so starving that I ended up skipping the last five or so minutes went to the cool down so that I could get to my oats & blueberries pancake. :9

Michele - Were you able to get to sleep? How's the tooth? I hope you're feeling better..that oral lichen planus (huh?) sounds terrible. Your barley goulash sounds yummy. As for barley and peanut butter, my initial reaction was that I imagined it would taste good, since oatmeal and peanut butter I know tastes good. If you try it on your DH, tell us how he reacts. Oh, and if you come up with that very magical recipe, do share!

> I think this would be a proud moment for my elementary school geography teacher.

LMAO. I could never make my geography teacher proud. I suck at geography.

Wait, did I even have a geography teacher? Is that why I suck?

So now you all have me wanting to rent A Christmas Story. I watched the samples. LOL. It would be fun to rent it over the holidays as one of the no-brainer activities of slothing on the sofa.

Robin - Oh, tell me how the CTX ones are. Are you going to be using them all in your rotation? I have the series but have yet to try them out. I've heard good things about using CTX only as a rotation.

Jana - You workaholic! LOL. And congratulations on your DD and her running around!

Kate - If your DD is starting to fill out, I guess TTOM will be happily on its merry way, too, eh? Ech. Have you had The Talk?

Deb - Are you NUTS? Why on earth are you doing so much exercise?! You and Kate must be soul mates! Sweet potato recipes? Michele is the one to ask about that. I actually prefer all my veggies without any dressings or sauces. Oh but wait. Melted and slightly burnt marshmallows are a slightly different story.

Oh my gosh, so now I want to eat a sweet potato. :p

Dana - Glad to hear your fish was such a success! Oh yeah, I remember Jana's pineapple chicken. That was good! LMAO, now your barley is being taken over by buggers?! Man you need a guard in your pantry! Anyway, good luck getting up at....ohgawd, 4am?!

Haaaaaa. Okay. Time to wash the dishes in my sink and then get to work.

Have a nice day everyone!

Good morning,
Still have to do my workout this morning. Think it will be a leg workout. Yesterday after work was Cardio Coach #5 on my bike. I liked this workout as I do all of the CC's so far. These workouts give me more satisfaction than any other workout (so far) I've ever done. Gets my HR up there. My highest HR yesterday was 161. And I'm into some serious anaerobic stuff when I get to that point. Of course, I'm wringing wet when I'm done with this workout and burn an amazing 200 some calories (actually 291). I'm always in awe when I read about these 500-800 calorie burns. Someone else who has the same HRM as I have, the Polar M32 model, also gets a low calorie burn. Actually, I really think that it's probably fairly close as I don't eat that many calories a day, so can't imagine burning higher calories and still staying the same on my weight. Not sure any of this makes sense to anyone else. Okay, enough of that mess.

August, you were actually soooo hungry you had to stop the workout? I love to be hungry as a lot of times, I will just feel blah in my stomach. I feel like when my stomach is growling, I'm burning some calories and my metabolism is working. Crazy. I try to eat many smaller meals but hate to keep eating when I'm not hungry and just blah. I get hungrier when I'm doing weights as opposed to cardio workouts.

I previewed a couple of the P90X workouts. I'm getting really excited about doing this starting on Monday. I like the idea that it will teach me how to do a rotation that works. I really think I plateaued a long time ago. I've always wondered how to get results without longer and longer and longer workouts, which I really don't want to do. In reading about P90X, they really focus on the muscle confusion thing, and that this program never gets easier because you aren't repeating the same types of workouts over and over, thus your body doesn't adapt and plateau. Can't wait to start "bringing it".

Michele, I sure hope your migraine is gone. When you mentioned you were going to the dentist, I remembered that you have problems with the migraines. I'm so sorry for your pain. Can't be pleasant at all.

Kate, I'm definitely a dark chocolate lover. Especially Dove dark chocolate. Glad to see you posting again. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your server behaves.

Deb, did you say you are starting P90X soon? Let me know, we could cheer each other on.

Robin, I love CTX. It was one of my first series and I still go back to it for the short, but effective cardio sections on it. That upper body workout is a burner too.

Dana, sorry about the bugs. I don't have problems with oatmeal, but I do keep my flour and cornmeal in the fridge as they won't get bugs in there. I may have to put my barley in there too. I'm sure DH will be sooo happy to see another grain sitting in the fridge.

Got to run, guess I'll do a leg workout this morning. Maybe GS Legs or something and NOOOO cardio. Cardio Coach was enough last night, got to recover now.

Jeanette

Goodmorning hate crowd.

Well, I survived my first night of 3-11. It's crazy busy at work until about 9, when everything comes to a halt and you start to think 11 will never get here.

August, CTX is still new to me, so I'll let you know at the end of this month. I'll be doing 10 10 10 today.

Jeanette, I know what you mean about wanting to improve without spending hours and hours workingout. I love the new workouts, but right now, there just aren't enough hours in the day. Someday I will seriously look at P90X. I've been coveting them for over a year now, I think.

Deb, let us know how you like P90X. You know, P90X is awfully hard to type.

Dana, have fun at work. Can you use the computer there? I hope you get your own computer bugs workout, as well as the pantry bugs. I once made a dried apple wreath that got bugs. I didn't notice them until all my flours, rices, oatmeals etc were infested.

Kate, I'm another dark chocolate lover. But milk chocolate will always do in a pinch.

Have a hate filled day all.

August....yikes....I am not ready for that. I am not even ready for it happening to me.....I mean menopause....I am so irregular......I used to be clockwork.....ah, the good old days.

Hey, you don't even have to have an all out talk anymore, they learn it all from their friends around the third grade. All you do these days is try not to cry and nod your head and figure out how big they will be when it time for the iron maiden. HELP ME!!!!

All you dark lovers, well..I guess you don't have calorie issues do you? NOT FAIR. Although, I have to say, I feel tighter after Butts and Guts for three or four weeks. I love it, I love it more than GS Legs. All her new workouts are classics. But I think I would have preferred to live in the days when flab was beautiful. No, I must think of my heart and lungs! Yes, I am doing this only for my heart and lungs....vanity has nothing to do with it. NOTHING. I cannot believe I almost jumped up during that last paragraph.

I am only doing upper body today. I will fast walk later. I hate to walk but it is the only thing that works my shins. I started this after Disneyland last year....all that walking got to my shins and my feet....love blisters!

Time to do the old upper body.....boring...boring...

(milk} chcolate rules!!!!!

Kate

Hello everyone- Michele-I hope you are feeling better today-

Kate-I'm going to do GS Legs today-I really like it-but you like Butts & Gutts better-why?? I have it but I havn't tried it yet-I really should check out the new DVDs to make sure there is no freezing issues-havn't done that yet-oh yeah and I am a milk chocolate lover-I literally have to have chocolate every day-I never use to be that way when I was younger, I would go for weeks at a time-maybe it's a hormonal thing-

Robin-are you liking CTX?- thats up next for me after 1 more week of GS-

August-girlfriend- don't you know by now that yes I am nuts-no really I am just trying to get rid of my jelly belly and killing myself to do it before my body wakes up and says-"hey lady, did you forget that you are 42 (43?-can't remember) years old ??

Dana- I have had those bugs before and they are hard to get rid of-good luck- and that fish recipe you made sounds reall good-I am trying to put more fish in my diet-what kind of fish did you use??

Jeanette-grains in the fridge? they don't get soggy or stiff?-I am so excited about P90X-I should be able to start Jan. 1

I realized yesterday that I took a rest day on Monday so my workouts are behind by a day or I have dementia-has anyone ever heard of calcium balls (no jokes here please-seriously-tee hee-sorry, forgive me)I guess you can get them through Trader Joes here in Michigan- I guess they satisfy your choco fix and they are not made of pure corn fructose syrup,etc. that viactiv is (which incidentally I still have 1 more container to get through-chewy, chewy)-guess what? this is the longest post I've ever written and I'm to the end of the page-seeya--deb

Hi Kate,
I LOVE dark chocolate and yes, I do have calorie issues. I saw a commercial or magazine or something that had a recipe using a baker's dark chocolate that is new. I dooo absolutely LOVE dark chocolate.

I love Butts & Guts too. The firewalkers are an exercise that hits the area I really want targeted, finally! I wish vanity had nothing to do with it, but it does. My Cardio Coach workouts are definitely not for vanity, they are to become strong on my bike! And they work!!!! I actually keep getting comments from other riders about how strong my riding has gotten this year. And I attribute most of it to the Cardio Coach workouts because they make me push when I would normally quit. Can't say enough about them. Spinervals are good too, but I'd rather hear Sean's voice in my head. Better music too.

Robin, 10-10-10 is a good one, lots of variety. I always forget how intense these short workouts are. They are great for tacking on after doing some weight work. CTX Step & Intervals is good, actually I like all of them on CTX. How long will you be on the 3-11 shift?

Got to go to prison now. Will parole at 4:30 today LOL!

Jeanette

Hello everybody!

Just know this, I do NOT discriminate when it comes to chocolate. I LOVE it ALL! Oh wait...oops! I take that back. I don't care for white chocolate but, if you really want to get technical about it, there is no such thing as "white" chocolate. Mmmmmmm...chocolate:) . I had a cup of velvety, ginger spiced hot chocolate last night and then slept like a baby:).

My headache is better today. It's more of a pressure across my forehead so I think my problem is sinuses. I have not done a workout since the weekend and so I HAVE to do one today. I'm pulling out the big guns today--Cardio Coach. Nobody can make me sweat with a smile on my face like Coach Sean:eek: :+

August, Power Hour is one of my favorite endurance w/o's, too. It kicks my butt! I haven't done that one in ages. The last time I did it I couldn't move my arms for about 2 days--lol!

>And on that note, today is supposed to be "challenge day"<

What kind of a rotation are you doing? Did you make it up yourself? I'm in awe if you did. I could never do that. What is a challenge day? Does that refer to cardio? Explain, please:)

Circuits aren't my thing, either. I don't mind them once in awhile, but I like to keep my cardio separate from my weights. I enjoy the weights and I don't want to ruin the experience by having to interrupt it with icky cardio--lol!

Jeanette, I haven't tried CC#5 yet. I'm still a cardio baby. I was thinking of doing #3 today. I don't know what to make of my HRM. I know it gives an accurate HR reading because I've checked my pulse and it comes within a point or 2, but I'm not sure about the calorie expenditure. My HR monitor doesn't tell me the calories burned, but my elliptical does, if I program it with my weight and age. Your assessment of the calorie burn sounds right to me, though.

>I really think I plateaued a long time ago. I've always wondered how to get results without longer and longer and longer workouts<

I couldn't have said it better myself. For me, long w/o's are a deterrent. If a put in a DVD that's over an hour long, chances are I'm not going to finish it as choreographed. On that note, I've been intrigued by P90X. I've been checking eBay and they usually have a few up for bidding. I'll probably get it one of these days. I'm too nervous to buy it from BB.

Robin, I'm so glad you only have to work these crazy hours for a few weeks. For a minute there I was worried that this was an indefinite change. I used to work full time nights. Man, it's like living in a parallel universe or something. I hated it. I did find some creative ways to entertain myself, though (although, nights was often quite busy). I remember one night when a young, new intern was up on our unit writing unnecessary, routine orders and creating work for us, so we literally roped and hog tied him to a chair and sent him to the basement on the elevator. Ah...those were the days--lol!

I don't have CTX but I've looked at it several times. One day!

Deb and Kate--the maniacal cardio twins from hell!!!}(

Hey! What is happening to our thread. I think we now have more cardio lovers than haters. I smell a plot:eek: :7

Kate, let me take this opportunity to welcome you home once again. I have missed your wacky self!! I hope you get a good shin w/o in today--LMAO!

Dana, did you decide on something for your boss? How terrible about your grains! I haven't had bugs in my oats or barley yet, but I put them in airtight containers. Maybe I'll follow Jeanette's suggestion and put them in the fridge.

Diane, Jana, Deb--I hope you all have a great day.

Time for breakfast!

ETA that I'm sorry for the looooooong post:eek:

:* :*

Yeah, Michele, time for breakfast. I hear ya!

Prison? What am I missing? Prison?>

White chocolate is horrible and yes, it is not chocolate. It is a marketing ploy and those of us who love chocolate cannot be fooled. It has NO taste. Like whipped cream. Yuck. Whipped cream also has NO taste. I cannot understand why anyone would waste their empty calorie allowance (I should ask Cathe is there really is an empty calorie allowance)on whipped cream!!!

OMG I'm LMAO at all your goofy posts.

Jeanette - You and Michele have me so curious about Cardio Coach. Thank Gawd I don't have room in my tiny apartment to buy a machine, because then I'd have to buy Cardio Coach LOL. You know, I've heard that those HRMs give you better calorie points when you keep your heart rate on the low side. That must be why I burn so much. Little Effort + Minimal Sweat = HRM High Calories. This isn't written in the manual, but it's true.

Oh yeah, my stomach was growling so much right in the middle of shaking my thing with Christi. I just couldn't ignore him. Wow, I can't imagine feeling like I HAVE to eat any of my 5 to 6 meals. I'm always totally ready to eat my meals. Every other eon or so, I won't feel hungry for a meal, and in that case, I'll immediately wonder if I'm getting sick :) .

I'm so excited to hear about your and Deb's P90X progress. Please, please hate it! LOL. Or at least lie and tell me you hate it so I won't have to get it.

>Will parole at 4:30 today LOL!

LMAO! Man, the fun things you can say in your profession.

Robin - So while you work those work hours, what are your sleep hours? Do you sleep with a mask, or does your bedroom have thick sheets on the windows? Haha, yeah, P90X is hard to type. It takes my brain a second to think about it.

Kate - I could be on a deserted island and keep time, I'm so regular. (I couldn't brag about geography, so this will have to do for now.) Your DD is totally going to get it next year, don't you think? How great that you can already see and feel a difference in your legs from Butts and Guts. Wow. That makes me want that workout. But knowing you, it's full of squats and lunges and things you're good at and that I hate.....Oh, about Jeanette. She has to go to jail every day. She's got a really positive attitude about it. Course, she gets paid to go, so...

Oh, Kate, I am SO with you on the whipped cream. Hate hate hate it.

Deb - Wooo, girl, your posts are getting longer! Before you know it, you'll be feeling slightly guilty writing lengthy novels like mine and making everyone wonder how you have so much free time to live on the forums LOL. Oh yeah, wacky long exercise sessions and milk chocolate. You and Kate are soul sisters. Be careful. She's sort of strange. :p

Wow. Grains in the fridge. I can't imagine having space in my tiny fridge to be able to store grains in my fridge.

>has anyone ever heard of calcium balls (no jokes here please-seriously-tee hee-sorry, forgive me)

LMAO. Nooooo, I can't say that I have heard of calcium balls. They taste like chocolate?

Did you know that if you eat calcium with spinach, that you won't get that funky spinach tooth gook?

Michele - I'm totally on a ginger thing now. I don't know. I might have to break down and steal a packet of sugar from a restaurant so that I can try out your ginger cocoa. Haha, the big guns - Cardio Coach. We're routing for you! Am I supposed to scowl at you or is the contract null and void by now?

I'm doing a TLT/Cathe/Christi rotation that someone posted a while ago...I guess on the open forums. It's a mix of this and that,..well, a mix of circuits, mostly. I can't make chicken stock. How could I possibly make a complex rotation plan? That didn't make any sense. :-(

The "challenge" days that they have in this particular rotation are usually days when you do a circuit plus a cardio workout. Days off come every tenth day. I'm really enjoying it. I used to like it when I knew exactly what workout I would be doing the next day. With this one, I have no idea, and it's turned out to be more fun. I'm doing the same rotation next month, but taking out some things I didn't much like (think FitPrime - which is actually something I'm subbing for something I don't have) and throwing in some things I miss (think S&H).

Yeah, particularly compound moves in circuits are...interesting. In general I also prefer to keep my cardio and weights separate, since I almost always feel like whatever weight I choose during a circuit ends up being both too heavy and too light for the compound movement I'm doing. But I did like Cardio & Weights quite a bit, and I guess it's good to have that adjusting thing for a while, so I'm treating my body to another month of it.

Wow. That was hard to understand I think. It was hard to understand as I was typing it. I must be getting sleepy.

LOL, you too on the P90X? I'm doomed!

You......tied up a new intern?!

>I'm sorry for the looooooong post

I know, I almost feel bad posting this one. :+

I'm finished now.

So, am I the only one who like to do this?

Oh crap!! I found the greatest picture but it didn't workx(

Mmmmmm...whipped cream:9

Yes, I'm procrastinating!

>speakin of yams or sweet poataters, does anybody know a good recipe besides making them into chips and baking or the marshmallow dish?<

Deb, I love to cut them into a large dice, drizzle with olive oil, kosher or sea salt and pepper to taste, then roast in a 450 degree oven for about 30 minutes. While you're at it, you might as well throw in some other veggies, too. I like to roast them alongside cauliflower and onions but I add them about 15 minutes later. You can also whip them like regular mashed potatoes:9

OK, I'm going now. I'm going to do a workout. Yep-er-rooni! That's what I'm doing.

Bye:p

Hi Ladies -

I have been so bad at posting (busy at work again) but I did 30 min of Eoin Finn power yoga when I got home last night and did a 20 min jog this morning. I am so out of shape and it is sad. I had not done yoga in a long time and I really need to get my flexibility back! I think I am going to stick with a little running/yoga/pilates thing right now because those 3 things are stress relievers for me. Even thinking about doing DrillMax stresses me out right now!

I posted some new kitten pictures on my picturetrail. We got a new comforter set this weekend and it is the kittens new hangout spot. The did not leave the bed for about 10 hours straight.

Afternoon all! You guys are a bunch of chatter buggers today. My post won't be long b/c I've got to get back to work. Just got back from my walk. My usual 3.5 mile walk at lunch. It is beautiful outside, especially for this time of the year. You don't even need a coat! I did NOT get up at 4:00am as planned. I looked at the clock and it was 3:55 and I'm like no way am I getting up at 4:00. So I stayed in bed til 5:00. Should've gotten up at 4:00.

I would love to try cardio coach - some day. Also would love the Power90X but I'm too scared to buy from BB. I have the worst luck ever so who knows where it would go. August would probably end up with it in Japan LOL!!!

I really do have to get to work. Came back from my Thanksgiving break with PILES on my desk. And when I left last Tuesday my desk and in-box was empty!!!

Have a good one all!

Well, Dana, you could have piles somewhere else}( ;-)

Michele, I still have some whipped cream leftover from Thanksgiving. Any suggestions?

>Well, Dana, you could have piles somewhere else}( ;-)
>
>Michele, I still have some whipped cream leftover from
>Thanksgiving. Any suggestions?

ROTFLMAO!!

Oh yeah, I have a suggestion for your whipped cream}(

Would that suggestion have anything to do with ice cream? Or sweet potatos? Or barley? Or brussel sprouts? The mind reels with the possibilities.

I'M DONE!! I did CC#3 and I really liked it.

Ahhhhhh...it's time for a stretch and then a nice, hot shower and a bowl of soup for dinner.

Ooh, whipped cream and sweet potatoes! Now THAT's magical!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.