Gym Styles + MM vs. Whole Hardcore series

danglinglight

Hi there!

I have a question for the most educated crowd I've ever met on a forum :)

I plan on getting the 3 Gym Style DVDs and I'm much interested in getting Muscle Max as well. This represents practically half of the Hardcore series. So, I'm hesitant... Should I buy the whole Hardcore series? It would represent much more $$$ on my credit card than I expected, so I don't know if I should make the sacrifice, go ahead and buy them all, or if the rest of the DVDs are ones I can live without?

The big motivator is not exactly the discount on bundle purchase (as I would only be saving about 20 bucks... purchasing 10 $27 DVDs throughout time vs. the discount bundle @ $250), but I'm looking for results, and I thought they might be much more useful than I imagine.

I currently own the latest series, I'm registered on the presale for the 4-day split and am 100% sure I will be purchasing the whole Intensity series very soon too.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.
Thanks everybody!

I say go for the entire series. }( }( }( How can you live without Core Mac and Low Max??? ;) Seriously, the entire series is great.

In all honesty, I'd probably get just the Hardcore DVDs you want now and put the rest of your $$ towards another series. I absolultely love the Gym Style DVDs and Muscle Max, however, I really don't seem to use the other Hardcore DVDs all that much. I'll always pick IMAX 2 over IMAX 3, just like I'll pick KPC over KickMax. Also, I like the ab sections of the most recent set of DVDs more than I like CoreMax. For cardio, I like Body Blast more than Hardcore (except for Low Max, which you might want to add to you list). This is just my opinion, of course; everyone's preferences are different. (Note that my preferences are influenced by Plantar Fasciitis, so I tend to stay clear of IMAX 3 and the drills of Kick Max).

Have fun with whatever you end up getting.
Shelbygirl

It depends on what you're looking for - the remaining workouts in that series are primarily the cardio workouts. They're good, but I, like others, use other cardio workouts more than those in the Hardcore series (I like Bootcamp, Drill Max and Kick, Punch and Crunch). I will say that High Step Challenge, however, also from that series, is worth the additional investment. You get in all in that workout. Maybe just add on that one, and skip the rest, considering you have preordered the new series, which will also have cardio in it. I will say that Core Max and Stretch Max are great "nice to haves," too, if you want those for "add-on" exercises, or just to do on "off" days or days you don't have time for a full workout. Jeez, I'm not being helpful, am I? You could defnitely go either way on this. I would say to decide what workout styles you enjoy most and let that color your decision. Imax and Low Max are both step workouts - so if step isn't your thing, you may not want to get those. Let the catalog be your guide.

Thanks everyone,

All of your comments are very helpful...

What I'm thinking is that I might purchase half of the Hardcore and the whole Intensity. That way, I end up spending around $300, but get DVDs from both series (since I was going to purchase the Intensity series anyway). Coremax and Stretchmax can be taped from FitTV in full version, so I might survive with that.

So, All Intensity + 5 Hardcores.
From the hardcores, I'll get: 3 Gym styles, 1 Muscle Max, and for cardio, I'd like to chose between LoMax and High Step Challenge. Considering that I would have the intensity series, the latest series, and the 4-day split eventually, which one would you recommend: LoMax or High Step Challenge?

I have taped LoMax from FitTV (45 minute workout approx.) and it seems like fun, but I think I might have enough step already. So I would probably enjoy a different workout such as HSC, as long as it's high in intensity and really a challenge. What do you think?

Thanks so much!

You definitely can't go wrong with HSC. It's a killer with some great unique moves. And it is fast-paced circuit training, so although weights used are light, you get that added bonus of toning. It has great premixes, too. LowMax is straight step-cardio, so....
I personally would go HSC, as you ultimately get more "bang for your buck" with that one. Love this one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.