grocers with the best carrot cake

lulu68

Cathlete
Hello,
My twins will be turning 17, and they requested a carrot cake. Does anyone know witch grocerie store makes a decent birthday carrot cake?

Lulu,

I don't have any suggestions, sorry; but had to tell you: I love carrot cake so much it was my wedding cake! The whole thing got eaten-even the top layer that is supposed to be saved! Happy Birthday to your twins!

Beth

I use America's Test Kitchen carrot cake recipe and it always turns out perfect. On my birthday, I ask my husband to get me a Wegman's carrot cake for a treat - if you can't make one, they are wonderful cakes. :)

Happy Birthday wishes to your babies ......still babies!! ;)

I think carrot cake is tough to make. It either comes out too dry or too gluey. My sister makes a scrumptious one however. It's just not my cake to make! lol. I can make the carrot squares from a square pyrex dish, I just mess up the cake.

I use America's Test Kitchen carrot cake recipe and it always turns out perfect. On my birthday, I ask my husband to get me a Wegman's carrot cake for a treat - if you can't make one, they are wonderful cakes. :)

ooh! I have never made a carrot cake but I have had success with other America's Test Kitchen recipes. Would you mind sharing your recipe? I would love to try it (especially given all the raves here about carrot cake)! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.