Greens Food Powder???

momto4

Cathlete
Anyone have a favorite "greens powder" that you use. I prefer that it use stevia for sweetness (if in fact it is sweetened at all) instead of the others like splenda, ect.
TIA

I like Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion by Amazing Grass

VitaminLife.com: Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion - 17.3 oz Powder - Meal Replacement/Protein Drinks, Powders, Supplements

It says that it has organic cane juice, <1 g of sugar in 1 scoop (the serving size).

Or just pea protein powder - not sweetened, though there is a brand that uses stevia- both use Belgian peas, but is produced here in Hawaii (locally for me). I am sure that there are brands that are available to you either locally or online.

I've had it just mixed with water and it's fine. But these days I add it to my green smoothie. I use about 8 oz water, handfuls of spinach and kale, a scoop of FD greens, and blackberries. Happy Happy!

I have been using trader Jose's super greens, mainly because it's cheap and tastes good. Seems to have the same ingredients as the others. I mix it with water, ginger, parsley, spinach, kale, half an orange and half an apple, and a handful of ice....delicious!!!!

Sometimes I add cucumber, celery, or avocado.

Thanks for the info. Just another quick question...do you use your green drink as a snack, in place of a meal, after a workout, ect? I'm new to the whole "green shake" thing so I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Momto4 - ideally I use my green smoothies post workout, as my carb replenishment, and then follow up about 30 minutes later with my lean protein - so think a pouch of tuna or salmon. It doesn't always happen that way of course. I aim to keep that many carbs earlier in my day, so if it gets to be too late (say after 4:00) I won't do a smoothie that includes my berries, but will use the powder greens with water only and take them straight. But I am very weird with nutrient timing. I also drink vinegar before my carb meals/drinks, since it slows the carb absorption. HA.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.