great book

kariev

Cathlete
So for those that really enjoyed the Intuitive Eating book or for those who are sick of the obsession with the scale and how many calories they take in, the book Health At Every Size by Linda Bacon is wonderful. I'm only 100 pages in but its good thus far and I like how it doesn't focus on diet or even exercise to lose weight but to just focus on being healthy by eating good whole foods and moving your body. Check it out:)

Thanks Kariev, I will definitely check that one out.

I have managed not to binge for two weeks. I've made mistakes but I haven't done the whole "Oh, I've blown it now so I might as well...."
Are you listening to IOWL as well? I am currently on Episode 14 and loving that as well.

kariev - I read that book and really liked it. It was amazing to read how much we are lied to by our government, big business, etc. I am really focusing on that now...or at least trying to! I am still too focused on what the scale says but am trying to live my life just making healthy choices and if I happen to be classified as "overweight" then so be it. It is hard though to "give up" on YEARS of dieting. I think I went on my first "diet" at age 12!

Carrie

Thanks Kariev, I will definitely check that one out.

I have managed not to binge for two weeks. I've made mistakes but I haven't done the whole "Oh, I've blown it now so I might as well...."
Are you listening to IOWL as well? I am currently on Episode 14 and loving that as well.

Linda, I'm working on the whole binge eating as well and then just giving up. I'm currently reading and working through the workbook of The Beck Diet Solution. I was already getting to a point mentally where I knew the emotional eating HAD to stop. There have been a lot of changes in my life and I've been turning to food for comfort even though it makes me feel like crap afterwards. I'm on spring break and have had tons of down time this week and absolutely NO binge eating and it hasn't even been as difficult as I thought it would be. I just KNOW I'm finally there mentally to make these changes.

Linda, I'm working on the whole binge eating as well and then just giving up. I'm currently reading and working through the workbook of The Beck Diet Solution. I was already getting to a point mentally where I knew the emotional eating HAD to stop. There have been a lot of changes in my life and I've been turning to food for comfort even though it makes me feel like crap afterwards. I'm on spring break and have had tons of down time this week and absolutely NO binge eating and it hasn't even been as difficult as I thought it would be. I just KNOW I'm finally there mentally to make these changes.

Gogigi - That is great that you are making such progress! I am the heaviest I have been in 18 years due to the binges. Intuitive Eating and IOWL podcast have done a lot to but things back into their proper perspective for me.Eating like crap for me has very physical repercussion for me as I suffer from IBS but even all that pain did not stop me. Stupid huh?

Good job Linda:) I'm also listening to IOWL and its a great companion with IE. I think you will love the book Health at Any Size. Its a real eye opener to some of the not so healthy things I have been doing to myself for years. Its so nice to listen to my hunger cues and each passing day it gets easier. I spend less energy thinking and planning food and now focus on enjoying my life:) I've battled with binging for so long its such a relief to finally be overcoming it. I'm so happy everyone is doing well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.