Good eating challenge Sun Jun 4

pwmatt

Cathlete
I feel much better about things today. PMS has passed and the craziness seems to be ebbing. Although, I had some bad things yesterday - a handful of pretzels and a bunch of chocolate chips - my meal choices were OK. Starting out with oatmeal for BF with an apple for a snack. Lunch was Green Giant frozen broccoli with lofat cheese with 2 pcs whole wheat bread. Dinner was a giant salad with rasberry vinegrette dressing( had to have croutons on top)
When I was watching TV last nite I had a 20oz cup of Wawa coffee that is half reg and half French vanilla. That did make me somewhat ill. DH got it for me and was heavy handed on the French vanilla. I usually just add enough for flavor.

So, hopefully this month will be better. I'm of to start the June rotation.

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/43886025.gif

Phyllis - overall, it sounds like you did well. Today's a new day.

I did OK as well yesterday. Meal choices are generally not the issue for me, it's the snacks. Big problem - I've been craving PB for the past few weeks. I'm generally not a PB eater, occassionally on my eng muffin in the morning, but not even once a month. Suddenly, I'm craving multiple spoonfuls straight out of the jar. I actually threw a half full jar out last week hoping to control myself. But DH likes organic PB (which up until now, I've didn't really care for). Well, I got the craving yesterday and went at it. I'm DEFINITELY not pregnant. So does anyone have any ideas why I'm suddenly craving peanut butter?

Peanut Butter? Oh, my goodness, what does peanut butter not go with? Sounds like everyone is on the right path. Yesterday I did okay but I am still sick. I did eat two apples yesterday. I am beginning to think the key to good eating, for me at least, is to have a minor infection. Wait, I don't want to be sick, Iswear I don't. HELP

Gym Mom-
Regarding PB craving... Have you suddenly decreased your fat intake? I experienced what you are describing about 3 months ago and couldnt iut the PB fixation since it really is only a 1 time a year thing for me. Once I upped my fat % back to healthy levels then the cravings went.
Just a thought

I've done decent today
No snacks yet, had kashi go lean cereal for dinner. It's pretty good. Really feeling stronger about saying no to vad stuff. Feels good.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/159/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Hi all!

Sounds like everyone is doing well for the weekend.

Ahhh, peanut butter. So are you eating the healthy peanut butter or regular? I eat organic peanut butter and the only thing in it is...peanuts. I absolutely love it.

If you're craving it right out of the jar in big spoonfuls when you usually don't, I'd agree that your body is probably needing good fats. If you want to keep out of the peanut butter jar ;-) you might try adding other good fats and see what happens - fish (like salmon), almonds, walnuts, flax oil, avocado...?

But if you can get a good hold of the peanut butter need (have some without it being an open door to finishing off the jar), check out Mattea's Weird Butterfinger recipe under search. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh }( !

I made some salmon last night by sprinkling lemon pepper on it and wrapping it in foil and tossed it in my frying pan for a few minutes on each side. That system seems to keep my apartment from smelling totally fishy (though who knows - I'm inside it so maybe I'm just not aware :eek: ) and it was really delicious with a side of tomato and cucumber (and 2 grams of peanut butter as a mini dessert - yeah, 2 measely grams! x( ). But it did the trick.

Everyone - thanks for the comments on the PB cravings. I haven't cut any additional fat, at least not consciously. On the other hand, I've been going at my strength training a bit harder than previous. So my body may just want those extra calories. Luckily it's PB and not chocolate cookies I'm craving. I will look at adding some good fats and see if that helps.

And yes - I'm eating the organic PB now since I threw out the Skippy's.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.