Going to first new post

Becky L

Cathlete
I hope this doesn't sound too dumb...

I can never go to the first new post when returning to a thread that I'm interested in. I hit the little arrow that says "Go to first new post" but it always sends me to the very first post.

I always end up having to go to the last page and then backtracking until I find the first new post.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

Becky

Last edited:
I have no answer for you as I didn't even know that was an option! Where do you even find the "go to first new post" button?

First of all I never noticed that so THANKS!! I just tried it and it seemed to work. The only thing I can think of is were you logged on vs. not logged on the last time you looked at the thread?

Tricia, It's the little down arrow just to the left of the thread name.....

First of all I never noticed that so THANKS!! I just tried it and it seemed to work. The only thing I can think of is were you logged on vs. not logged on the last time you looked at the thread?

Tricia, It's the little down arrow just to the left of the thread name.....

Thanks Dawn! I'm so blind! :eek:

So are you all saying it works for you? LOL! :rolleyes: Figures.

Is there anyone is doesn't work for?

I'm always logged in on Cathe's site, so I don't think it could be that.

Weird.

Becky

I have the same problem. I always use this function on VF with no problem but it never works for me at this site. I thought maybe something was set up wrong in my account but I haven't taken the time to see if I could figure it out. Maybe someone will help us out here.

Ok, so I decided to mess around with it myself and see what I could figure out.

So I went to User CP, clicked on Settings & Options, then Edit Options. From there I clicked Thread Display Options, then Thread Display Mode. I clicked "Linear-Newest First" from the drop down list.

Ha Ha. That only made the newest post come up in the thread, basically in backwards order. Definitely not what I wanted. :rolleyes:

So I went back into the User CP and changed it back to "Linear-Oldest First", like I had it to begin with.

Okay here's the bizarre part... the "Go to first new post" arrow works for me now! :D

I don't know if this will help though, since I don't really know what I did to make it work. LOL!

Weird!

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.