Glutes-Advice on what to do

I need your help again. I listened and upped my calories, which I def. needed to do since I also started lifting a lot heavier. This has helped my one yucky area, my thighs, a ton! I've noticed that the small pocket (gross!) of fat under my butt, on my hamstring area, has almost gone away.

But now I seem to have gotten even more of a bubble butt. So much so that some of my pants are fitting way tighter in the butt! It seems as if my butt has lifted a lot bec of the heavier weights, which is not what I needed. What I need is a slimmer butt, less booty, please!!

So, my question is how do I keep getting tighter in the thigh area (still have some small saddle bags to get rid of) but slim my butt. If my butt gets any bigger... well..... I even had a female co-worker comment "I didn't know you had some booty." Yeah, it's JLo, Beyonceish now. :(

Hi -
What kind of lower body exercises are you doing for your legs ( both cardio and wt training)?

If I do step for cardio more than 1x/week my glutes look bigger. In weight training, I don't do many step ups w/ weight on a bench either. Both of those seem to add the appearance of more junk in the trunk.

For my cardio, running, kickboxing, walking and the ARC trainer seem to keep things leaner. Also, I find that squats and lunges seem to work for keeping the booty in control.

Hope that helps! Lynn M.

Glute muscles can get larger from certain types of exercise, just like biceps and deltoids can get larger. After all, there are glute building routines for folks w/ pancakes butts. Maybe take a look at those routines and do the opposite!

I am doing weight training (all legs twice a week, total body twice a week, cardio-kickboxing only twice-three times a week).

I'm not sure if I should do more reps and less weight??? But the heavier weights is really working great in developing my hamstrings and quads. Gosh, why does this have to be so freaking confusing?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.