Gloved Hand Weights

Does anyone know if there is a 1 1/2 lb. glove wt? Or does it go from 1 lb. to 2 lbs? I think 2 lbs would be to heavy to go up to? Anyone have any idea?

I have 1 1/2 lb. weighted gloves. I bought them at Walmart and they were inexpensive. I think they were about $10.

Erica

I found some 1.5# hand weights at Walmart (maybe the same ones Erica has?) but I hated them! The weight in them was stiff, and they were uncomfortable. I got rid of them quickly and stick with my 1# Ironwear gloves (VERY comfortable).

2# is quite a leap, and could stress the elbows and shoulders too much, IMO. But you could do maybe a small portion of a workout with 2# (slower punching segments?), then switch to 1# for the rest. Or make those 1# work by punching more powerfully (emphasizing the retraction of the punch to avoid locking the elbows).

Oh my gosh, why didn't I think of that? Thanks so much Kathyrn it's always good to hear from you, you give good advice. You know I think I'll try the 2# on the slower punching segments and use the 1# for most of the tape. Thanks again. I agree with you on the Ironwear gloves, I found them at the Reebok Outlet store and they are great, far more comfortable than other hand weights.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.