Gin Miller Kettlebells and Med Ball workouts?

indybulla

Cathlete
Hi,

I am curious if anyone has tried or is thinking about trying Gin Miller's new dvd's for Kettlebells and Medicine Ball? I have always liked her personality and cueing and thought she might be good to learn the basics of kettlebells.

I am thinking of purchasing Cathe's kettlebell/medicine ball combo in one of the lower weight ranges (maybe 6lbs) to use with these workouts since I'm a newbie to kettlebells/med balls.

I would love any feedback on these dvd's and also how you like Cathe's kettlebell/med ball combo. Looks like a cool piece of equipment.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks Carrie,

I'll look into the other dvd's mentioned in the link. It's too bad there's nobody who has tried it who can give a first hand opinion. I'll have to check collage to see how people respond too.

I didn't get Gin's Kettlebell workout, but I did pre-order Gin's Medicine Ball workout from Collage. I am glad I got it from Collage, because I am returning it Monday.

The cardio was really non-existent. She had you doing a minute or so of jumping jacks or marching in place or fast feet running between cycles of ball work such as overhead tricep presses or plie squats while lifting the ball over your head. There were a couple of balance challenges, but again nothing too difficult.

The only time I thought it was difficult at all was when I did the push-ups with the ball between my legs, but I did them on my toes and only took 2 rests when when they took about 4 or 5 breaks and did them on their knees. I used an 8 lb. ball.

Collage rated this as an intermediate. I would say it is very low intermediate at best. Maybe with a heavier ball, it would be better........

I have Mindy's Med Ball Madness (but have only done it twice). Although I don't like Mindy's cardio for the room it takes up, the workout as a whole is more challenging and much less boring than Gin's IMHO.

Last edited:
Thanks Carrie,

I'll look into the other dvd's mentioned in the link. It's too bad there's nobody who has tried it who can give a first hand opinion. I'll have to check collage to see how people respond too.

I have one more pound to lose before I get a "reward" of an exercise dvd. I may bite the bullet and buy Gin Miller's Kettlebell workout. I didn't realize with Collage you can return it if not satisfied so I will definitely order from them. I will post when I have ordered and done. Maybe someone else will buy it and try it before then!

Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.