Gifts for Guys

Tee hee, me too Michele. My DH went gaagaa over an onion-dicing device at Bed, Bath & Beyond. He loves that thing. Too cute.

You should get him a "Life is Good" tshirt!
Sounds like he's got all he needs and is perfectly content, so his life IS good!

how about sirius sat radio with the sport package? You can take if from your car to your house and it has the football, hockey and basketball. or - if he is a baseball fan get XM.

jooge

I have no idea what Warhammer is?:-(

My husband lives to work so I'm sort of in the same boat. The only hobby he has is watching home improvement shows. He went gaga a few years ago over a subscription to This Old House magazine.

Guys like tools. How about a laser level? I hope that's not too boring.

Oh, DS likes EQ too. How about an upgrade pack? You could get him a GC to EB Games.

A Guy responds:

A computer geek --- browse jinx.com or thinkgeek.com lost of gadgets

an outdoor guy --- swiss army knives are terrible survival tools, none of the tools are any good when you really need them. A "headlight", they're cool, you can aim them at what's being worked on and still have both hands free ems.com or campmor.com A multifuel backpack stove.

an intellectual guy --- nothing beats a gift card for a book, let him make the choice.

a kitchen "liberated" guy --- a bread machine.

Willing to answer questions...

Dave

I got my DH an outdoor cooker so he can boil crawfish, fry turkys and cook whatever else he wants to cook. Also got him some tools. He LOVES tools.

Tracy

How about tickets to a concert or music festival? Or an experience like sky-diving or hot air ballooning?

Or a cool video rocker chair? An Ipod? A massage seat? Gadgets for the car - like a heated seat pad or a vacuum that plugs into the cigarette lighter? Leather Jacket?

Rollerblades? Ice Skates? Snowboard? Tennis Raquet? Basketball?

Less Expensive -
A wallet? A Cold-Heat Soldering Gun? Concert DVD?

Hickory Sticks were mentioned before - but honestly, I work with 30 guys and there isn't one of them who doesn't go ga-ga over a summer sausage and cheese plate.

Thanks to everyone for all the great ideas. Unfortunately, it's just reinforced the fact that he's impossible to buy for, because none of the standard gifts fit. I guess I should be happy my guy is unique, right?

And for whoever said that they don't know what Warhammer is, be thankful;)

On a more serious note (not that my first post couldn't be taken seriously;-) ).

Sounds like your hubby might do a lot of sitting. How about one of those massage mats that you put in a chair (there are also lounger that incorporate the massage---those would be better, IMO, because you can get some that do shiatzu-type moves that feel like a real massage, rather than just vibration)?

Or a stability ball chair for his computer desk? (there is a nice one at www.gaiam.com ).

How about an mp3 player? Everyone needs one of those. My sister is always sending her hard-to-buy for DH on hard-to-find adventures... like a race car driving lesson, a sailing lesson etc. I sent my DH out with a fishing guide once and he caught a 6 foot fish, so that was a memory that will last thim a while. Being forced to do something different and out of your comfort zone can be a good thing.

Well I got my guy a bark spud and a peevey, so I am probably way off base in my advice here, lol. How about a huge beam flashlight? I got DH one of those last year and he LOVES it. He has no need for it but every now and then he'll take it out and shine it around in the back yard! Also, if he's into coffee, there's a place www.uroastem.com that sends the whole kit (including the raw beans) to roast your own coffee in the oven. I also got him one of those thingees that organizes the front seats of his car: there's a slot for cell phone, coffee, writing pad etc.

HTH!!

Sparrow

Sirius satelite radio is great even if he doesn't have any interest in sports. There is fantastic news, varied music, limited commercials. There's a station that is devoted to the old radio soap operas/ mysteries. It's so fun, anyone would find something that would interest them.
How bout a remote car starter, even guys don't want to go outside to start the car on a cold morning.
What about a paint ball gun, seems like a guy thing...Whom I kiddin, I think it looks wicked fun.

Heather

This may sound strange, but my DH just got a portable weather band radio ( runs solar, battery, or hand crank!), and he loves it! He is facinated by the up to the minute weather reports, ( we have lots of lake effect snow bands here)... and he checks it for his fishing trips etc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.