Getting out of the rut - Tuesday

wgilchrist

Cathlete
Morning,

Hope everyone is well. I'm proud that I got up and knocked-out Hiit 40/20. I really like that one. I think because there is no equipment.
I can't stay up late to save my life, but last night we were out to dinner with friends and didn't get to bed until almost 11p. (Hubby gets up for work at 3am, I wo at 5am, so we are always in bed by 8pm) So needless to say, I'm a little tired *yawn*. Oh, and I ate waaaaay to much for dinner but can't remember the last time I had so much fun.

Sammy- Paris...ahhh. Been there, you will love it. I am so happy for you. We went on our first vaca together last yr for our 15th anniv. Just to Palm Springs but it was a first so it was special.
Congrats on those 10lbs. If it were easy we would all be doing it!
I'm with you on the scary factor around here. :confused:

Today is elementary school picture day...God help me!:eek:

Wow! What has happened to all the Rutters! Have they sucked out into the craziness on the OD and now none of them remember who they are?:p

Wendy - Great job getting up and doing of all things 40/20 after a really late night!

Sammy - Congrats on the 10#! And on going to Paris, while DH and I have had many vacations together, they have never been out of the country, except the Bahamas.

Well, I didn't do well eating yesterday, but I stuck to my plan and wrote it all down in all it's uglyness. No actually it wasn't that bad-it wasn't a binge-but it wasn't lose weight worthy either. Usually when I blow it that's when I will stop logging and everything goes to pot, so it's a step in the right direction.

I did manage to do Cathe's Basic Step this morning and that felt like enough as I still not completely over this cold. But then I walked a mile with a friend and just ran intervals for 45 minutes running along DD as she learned to ride a two wheeler. :D:D:D

Last edited:
Hello all!

I was up at 5 am too and did KPC again. I am able to do it with no knee pain so I went to it again. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to step soon! My knee is better still today so maybe in another day or so I'll try. I need to do Disc 13 today (didn't do it yesterday). We'll see if I have time this evening. Still no drop on the scale today. It's almost got to the point of being funny but it is soooo frustrating to work so hard and see no change.

Wendy - I'll think of you in the am when I am also getting up at 5 to workout. I am glad to know I am not the only one ;-)

Sammy - I've never been out of the country...I am a little chicken to travel so far. Although to be fair...I had my daughter as a young teen and have never been comfortable going too far from her. And as much as I love my kiddos, I am NOT paying for them to go to Paris. Lol. Have a great time!

Linda - Great job on journaling. Sometimes just getting back into the habit is enought to propel you to better choices. Hang in there, your tide will turn eventually (I say this as I am giving myself the same advice!!)

The forums are cracking me up this week. Maybe it's just cause I'm new around here but it seems like so much drama for nothing. It's entertaining if nothing else, lol.

Have a great night, I'll check in again tomorrow!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting much. I am well into my rut, for sure. But at least I have a computer down here! :p Without going into too many details here, we have a HUGE family event (well, it feels huge, anyway) coming up, and I am simply swamped. I am really hoping to get back in the swing of things when all is back to normal around here.

I have been doing a good job of walking DD to and/or from school this week, so at least I've been getting some activity in. For the part of the walk when DD is not with me, I try to walk extra-fast to get my heart rate up. It's not a lot, but at least it's something.

Lisa, good luck on the 100 pushups! I did the program twice, once this past fall, and once the fall before that. I had some great results from it, and I felt so proud of myself for getting it done. I hope you do too!

Sammy, enjoy your trip! I spent my junior year of college in Paris. It is a wonderful city (or at least it was back then; it's been a while, but I'm sure it will still be an amazing trip!) One day DH and I want to go back and see it again, this time not the "starving student" way. But it was a great experience.

Wendy, have fun on the RT!!! Wish I were going!

It sure is crazy in the OD...though I agree that it is somewhat entertaining, in a sad sort of way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.