Getting Out of The Rut - Saturday

ImFiddY

Cathlete
Hello All !

It's Sunny Today !!!!i!i!i! and I have to work off the pecan encrusted chicken salad and ice cream topped brownie I ate last night !! But I did come back home after dinner and do a STS chest work and a tiny bit on the exercise bike. Damn I hate cardio. I'm wondering if I should invest in getting a small elliptical.

If it gets warm outside I'll drag the tennis ball machine out and hit some balls, that is great cardio and I love doing it. I have a singles match at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday (what was I thinking).

My husband locked his keys in the box truck this morning and looks at me and asks where the keys are, it's frustrating as we get old we get so forgetful. Everything must be in it's place or we will never remember where it is. It's sad. I used to be so very smart, I was a computer programmer a woman in a man's career at that time. Now I get turned down for a job at the dog shelter, sigh....

Back to a positive note - Have a Great Saturday everyone ! :)

Wow - The earthquake in Chile and the Tsunami warning. Scary for all involved. The earth is doing some major grumbling lately.

Last edited:
The couple of pounds I was so excited about losing last week... they're back! Uggggg! Losing weight after 50 is soooooo slow and discouraging.

Anyway, I guess (very) slow and (sort of) steady wins the race.

Today was going to be my day off but I think I'm going to try and fit something in. Don't know what.

Imfiddy, LOL at your after 50 forgetfulness. Been there, done that. I know some other folks who hate cardio who got ellipiticals and love them. I don't know if there is any such thing as a small ellipitical though.

Sammy, don't let a couple pounds discourage you. Keep up the good work and soon the scale will show a big drop.

I did STS Back and Biceps this morning. Then DH and I went to the mall looking for something to wear to a Murder Mystery Dinner we are going to this evening. It's in the low 40's here and light enough to imagine there is a sun lurking behind the clouds. I may go for a short run.

Afternoon Ladies,

I'm happy to report that it's not sunny! Yay! Since the sun shines 360 days out of the year here it's a nice break. It might even rain....eeew! We only get rain in the summer.
Anywho, so sore from STS legs yesterday the only thing that could help me is a workout. I participated in CCPP eventhough I don't own any CC, I was there in spirit by doing Cathe's Hiit 40/20, skipped the stretch then did StepMoves minus the warm up. Nice sweatfest on this fine day.

Now it's chores, errands, taking 8 yr old DS to Karate then I'm done for the day.

Hey rut gals,

Its snowing here, it snowed yesterday, it snowed the day before, and the day before that, it will snow tomorrow, WHAAAAA!! Wendy, I'm coming to visit.

I've pulled the trigger on my basement. I'm redoing my workout area, and I've spent the day getting rid of the nasty popcorn texture stuff off of cinder block, My hands are killing me. Burned a bunch of calories says the GWF.

Have a great weekend!!

Hi everyone! Did CC Press Play today, then added on the Step Blast Challenge as an add-on on the end. About halfway through the SB challenge I began to think that I was nuts for doing it, but I did finish.

Sorry to hear about frustrations regarding weight gain and memory loss. Unfortunately, I can relate to both, sigh.

Melissa, good luck with your workout room remodel! Post pics when you're done...I'd love to see them!

Wendy, I wish it were warm and sunny here! It's sunny at least, but not very warm. I am so sick of winter!

Hello everyone!

I didn't work out today but yesterday I did cardio fusion. I just bought it a few days ago, I was a little nervous about it after the recent thread about dreading it. I thought it was great though! I really enjoyed it. I had to stop to breathe a bunch of times, but that's ok! I got my GoWear Fit today!! I am super excited about this purchase. I am hoping that having more reliable feedback will help me relax about my routine.

Imfiddy - I'd love to see some sun! A few words about an elliptical...if you are going to buy one spend some money to get a decent one. About 6 years ago my husband surprised me with one for my birthday. It was not a super nice one but not cheap either (~$700). I didn't like the track of motion...it felt to tight, not at all what I was used to at the gym. I bet I haven't used that thing more than 10 times over the years. I just can't get comfortable on the darn thing.

Sammy - I feel your pain about the slow weight loss. I am 33 but I have the same issues. It is never a straight line down for me. I was really grumpy about the last week and then somehow this morning I was back down despite not exercising as much as usual and eating more. Go figure!

Melissa - I redid my basement workout room in January and I love it!! I want to purchase a mirror (or several mirrors) for one of the walls and I need to find some inspirational posters to hang up, but other than that I am set! I bought some 7/8" rubber floor tiles and I got a great deal on a complete weight set with a squat rack on Craig's list. I can't wait to get to Meso 3 and break the squat rack in :) BTW, how long have you been using your GWF? Has it helped you lose weight?

Great job to everyone on the workouts...if we keep it up we might need to rename our thread! Have a great night :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.