Getting New Rykas - Anyone try the Cirrus or Re-Alchemy?

I'm wearing my new Rykas now -- I have the Opus model and I love them.

I'm an Avia convert--worn them for 10 years. But the last time I bought shoes, there weren't any Avias that I liked. I've been really pleased with these. I wear them for step, hi-lo and just plain walking.

I just retired my Re-Evolutions - they were great once I got them broke in. I'm wearing Reebok DMX Power Trainers right now and they are fabulous - really cushiony for all Cathe's high impact!

Lorrie

Cirrus

I just bought the Cirrus Rykas a couple of weeks ago and I am loving them! I had the Re-evolutions before, but actually think I like the Cirrus better. The Cirrus feel really cushy and supportive, and my feet seem much happier during my workouts than they were! Amazing the difference new shoes can make.

Where to order them online

Kim,

In case you're considering ordering Rykas online, I've gotten Rykas at a good discount from www.footaction.com and www.penniesonthedollar.com. They both ship pretty quickly.

Check them out - I know that penniesonthedollar has quite a selection.

Have you worn Ryka's before? Most people order up 1/2 size, they run small. But they have the nicest padded ankle, nice arch support for med-high arches and a decently wide toe bed.

Good luck!
Dawn P.

RE: Thanks guys

I guess no one has tried to Re-Alchemy which is the pair that I ordered. I was going to get the Cirrus but the guy I get them from said that the Re-Alchemys seemed to fit better.

The problem for me about ordering online is that I don't mind paying the exchange on the American dollar but the duty they charge is outrageous. I guess Free Trade did nothing for the average Canadian consumer trying to buy from the US. :( An $80 pair of runners in the US will cost me $160 by the time the exchange and duty are factored in. Whereas, when I order through my connection in Canada, they run me about $110 to $120.
I did check out Ryka.com to see what they said about their shoes but was wanting to hear from people who had actually tried them.

I shall see what the Re-Alchemys do for me. Thanks for all your input everybody.

Kim

P.S. For Dawn, I normally take size 10 but have to order size 11 in Rykas because they don't make a half size after 10. So, I wear an extra pair of socks in my shoes these days.

RE: Thanks guys

If you live in the Toronto area, there's a place I just discovered last week that sells Rykas (I'd looked all over town for them but couldn't find them anywhere.)

It's The Adelaide Club in the First Canadian Place in the downtown area (King and York). I just bought a pair of "Aerobics" Rykas(that's what they're actually called -- "Aerobics") for $119.00 plus tax. I really, really, like them -- great ankle support.

All I can say is that I'm really glad I found a source for Rykas . . . really!

Patricia

RE: Patricia, I live in Saskatchewan

and I have seen (the very odd time) some Rykas in the stores but they never ever had my size. I have found a store in Lethbridge, Alberta, that can get me what I want when I want it and he mails me whatever model I order from him. If you are ever in need, just email me and I will get you the phone number.

Kim

RE: Patricia, I live in Saskatchewan

Hello Kim, who lives in Saskatchewan!

Thanks for your very kind offer!

It's so funny! Here I was looking in every mall in Toronto and I ended up finding the Rykas in a store next door to where I work. Go figure!

Thanks again,
Patricia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.