Getting It Done - Week of 5/22/11

Sherry K

Cathlete
Hi Ladies!

We've all been really busy lately, so I thought I'd start a week long thread so it's easier to follow (well, for me anyway).

Today I'm in town, not so busy (for a change) and it's not raining, so planning to get in a run! Found a 1/2 marathon training plan to follow, and think I'm about up to minimum distance, so that should help me go.

Hope you are all having a great day!

Hi Sherry and Belinda! ;)

Sherry thanks for starting us off this week. :)
Oh that sounds great on your running plan. Which one is it? Maybe I could join you in keeping up with the runs for the week. :)
Have a great run today!

Just housework here. My dd should be headed this way at some point today.

Belinda how's it going? :)
Have a good one!
Bbl Heidi

Hi all!

I did get in a run today! 2 miles out running, 2 miles back walking. Felt wonderful!

Heidi - Did you get all the housework done? I never do. But, did kick them all in gear and got some things done. The training plan was forwarded to me by active.com, which is where I singed up for the 1/2. Still can't figure out an easy way to print it out.

Belinda - How's the house coming along? Hope the kids are helping, and hope all else is well, too. Miss you!

Heading to bed now. Sleep well, all!

Nice job getting your run in yesterday Sherry!
Ok I will check that site out too. :)
I have a ton of house stuff to get done! We have guests coming on the 6th of June. Eek!
Today I will do a treadmill interval and abs. :) it is raining again! So sick of it and it will be like this for another week!

Big hello to Belinda! Are in PA now? Hope you and your DH are doing OK.

Off to my run. Have a good one!
Heidi

Hi! :) DONE! bike 5.86miles, TM run intervals: 3miles and ab hits #7

Off to shower! Have a great day!
BBL
Heidi :)

Hi all!

2 mile run done! time is getting better, but knee bothering me a bit this evening, telling me I need to stretch regularly!

Heidi - Nice job getting your run in. I have guests coming this weekend - so much housecleaning to do!

Belinda - What state are you in now? How's the close living quarters?

See you all later!

Morning/afternoon. ;)

Great job Sherry on your run! Be careful on that knee....easy stretching is in order. Best stretches I use are with the band.
I checked out that web page but it doesn't let you have the workouts for free. I am all about free stuff! ;)

Today was STS disc 14 legs...oh my legs are a shaking! ;) I did a cycle workout after along with STS Extended stretch. Felt great! Now lets see if I can walk tomorrow! HAHA!

Hey Belinda! Thinking of ya! Hope all is well!

Have a great day! :)

BBS
Heidi

Hi all!

Run done already! Interval ran 2 miles, then walked 2, so 4 miles total in all. Knee feels great, which is the important part. need to keep that IT band well stretched.

I need to find a way to get some balance with my workouts. When I was doing STS, I was focused on weight work. Now that I've been picking up the running, it seems I'm doing all cardio.

Heidi - Wow! Cycle work after leg work! That's amazing! I looked at the site. I guess they sent the training plan because I signed up for that race through them. Still trying to find a way to print it out, which so far seems impossible. I can only look at it day by day - not over weeks or months.

Belinda - How are you doing with the family? Thinking of you!

Enjoy your evening! See you all tomorrow!

Hallo girls,

remember me:eek:

This was the worst move we ever had in 29 years:mad: the packers instead of 2 days packing us out (remember we didn't had that much to begin with) took 3 days, which delayed the landscaper and the painter. My husband hired a cleaning team:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Well, let me tell you:rolleyes: after 6 hours of watching the girl cleaning my windows, she was dusting my windows not cleaning them. I called the her manger ( the girl only spoke Spanish and I couldn't comunicate with her) to let her know she is not getting payed to dust my house down, I wanted to my windows to be wet cleaned:confused: the manger agreed to sent in more help. Well let me tell you, to more ladies showed up without saying Halle to me, went right into the bathroom and started cleaning my bathroom with dishsoap (Dawn):confused::( WTH? I don't need to hire a cleaning crew for that? DO I? Well, I had the a$$ by, one off the ladies spoke English. I tried to tell her I wanted some other cleaners not dishsoap. She got so lippy with me, and told me I had to lissen to her:confused::eek: I reminded her, I was paying her not the other way around. She wouldn't take no for an anwer and ran her mouth:mad: so I fired her and the other two ladies. They wanted $200 for dusting my house down, I can do that. That was Friday! On Saturday, DH wanted to hire another cleaning crew, I told my husband I will not go through this crap again, so DH and I ended up cleaning our house on Saturday. My son decited he wanted to stay in El Paso so he can finish his college by May next year. We ended up looking for an appt on Sunday and moved him in on Monday. Since we shipped all his stuff a few days ago, we had to go shop for a TV/stand, dishes and stuff on Sunday. I cleaned this new apartment and cooked for him yesterday. I am so sad he stayed:( we are on the road since this morning, having caught nothing but bad luck. We caught a sturm from hell, which ripped our awneng. DH had to climp on top of the RV with 60 miles winds, me holding the awning. I hope tomorrow will be a better day, I need it after 3 weeks of bad luck!

I haven't worked out since last Wednesday. I will try to get a workout in tomrrow.

See you all tomorrow! Have a great day, everyone!

Hi all!

Run done already! Interval ran 2 miles, then walked 2, so 4 miles total in all. Knee feels great, which is the important part. need to keep that IT band well stretched.

I need to find a way to get some balance with my workouts. When I was doing STS, I was focused on weight work. Now that I've been picking up the running, it seems I'm doing all cardio.

Heidi - Wow! Cycle work after leg work! That's amazing! I looked at the site. I guess they sent the training plan because I signed up for that race through them. Still trying to find a way to print it out, which so far seems impossible. I can only look at it day by day - not over weeks or months.

Belinda - How are you doing with the family? Thinking of you!

Enjoy your evening! See you all tomorrow!

Sherry! Great job on your run too! I was similar issues with my right ITBand but it seems ok now. :) PHEW! I dont want to get sidelined again!
That bike after leg workout was perfect for relaxing the muscles. My DOMS aren't too bad today and I can get up and down the stairs without holding on for dear life! HAHA!

That almost doesnt seem fair that you cant look ahead on the schedule so you can plan your runs better. I would imagine the running program must be similar to training runs from Runners World.

I hear ya on the concentration on one particular routine whether it be weights or just cardio. I am mixing it up with STS and it seems to be working out pretty well.
Today was Disc 15 back/biceps and Ab Circuit: Yoga based abs. Tonight I will do another cycle for my cardio kick. ;)
Tomorrow is a 60min run with itread #1 and a good stretchout.
Friday: Disc 13 for chest, shoulder and triceps, abs and cycle.

Great job yesterday! What are you planning today?

BBS
Heidi

Hallo girls,

remember me:eek:

This was the worst move we ever had in 29 years:mad: the packers instead of 2 days packing us out (remember we didn't had that much to begin with) took 3 days, which delayed the landscaper and the painter. My husband hired a cleaning team:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Well, let me tell you:rolleyes: after 6 hours of watching the girl cleaning my windows, she was dusting my windows not cleaning them. I called the her manger ( the girl only spoke Spanish and I couldn't comunicate with her) to let her know she is not getting payed to dust my house down, I wanted to my windows to be wet cleaned:confused: the manger agreed to sent in more help. Well let me tell you, to more ladies showed up without saying Halle to me, went right into the bathroom and started cleaning my bathroom with dishsoap (Dawn):confused::( WTH? I don't need to hire a cleaning crew for that? DO I? Well, I had the a$$ by, one off the ladies spoke English. I tried to tell her I wanted some other cleaners not dishsoap. She got so lippy with me, and told me I had to lissen to her:confused::eek: I reminded her, I was paying her not the other way around. She wouldn't take no for an anwer and ran her mouth:mad: so I fired her and the other two ladies. They wanted $200 for dusting my house down, I can do that. That was Friday! On Saturday, DH wanted to hire another cleaning crew, I told my husband I will not go through this crap again, so DH and I ended up cleaning our house on Saturday. My son decited he wanted to stay in El Paso so he can finish his college by May next year. We ended up looking for an appt on Sunday and moved him in on Monday. Since we shipped all his stuff a few days ago, we had to go shop for a TV/stand, dishes and stuff on Sunday. I cleaned this new apartment and cooked for him yesterday. I am so sad he stayed:( we are on the road since this morning, having caught nothing but bad luck. We caught a sturm from hell, which ripped our awneng. DH had to climp on top of the RV with 60 miles winds, me holding the awning. I hope tomorrow will be a better day, I need it after 3 weeks of bad luck!

I haven't worked out since last Wednesday. I will try to get a workout in tomrrow.

See you all tomorrow! Have a great day, everyone!

Oh SO SORRY BELINDA! What a time you are having!!!! I am sure you will celebrate when it is all over! :)

BRB!

Hi all!

Knee still feels good today - no after effects from yesterday's run. I am so happy 'bout that!

DD had a follow up with the doc today - rupture has healed so she has clearance to participate in sports again, which makes her so happy! Cyst will always be there, but the problem is gone!

It's been raining buckets today, so no time outside. DD and I decided to work on cardio by doing the Insanity Fit Test. Great short workout, and much improved since the first time I tried a month ago. Maybe I'll mix this in with the running.

Belinda - Oh, so sorry about everything! That is awful about the cleaning company. And the last minute decision by DS I'm sure only stressed you more. It will get better. Really, it will. Great job finally getting in a workout. That had to help your mood.

Heidi - Yes, some cardio after leg weights does help loosen them, but I'm not sure my legs could do a run after STS leg work! I can see ahead in the running plan day by day, which is not conducive to printing it out. but is was free, so guess can't complain too much!

Time to get in a quick dog walk in between the rain (which means staying close to home in case we have to run back.) Hope you are both having a drier day than here. See you tomorrow!

Hey!
Sherry: how's your weather today? I hope it is better finally!
Sunny here after several weeks of rain. Ya!

Today was itread 1 40 min and ab circuit no equipment abs

Feeling my workouts from the last couple days! Ya DOMS! ;)

What did you do today?

Hi Belinda! Hope things are going better for you!

Bbl Heidi

Good morning,

I couldn't check in yesterday, had no internet connection:mad: we are running into bad weather. Arkansas, Tennesse and now in south western Va) We only 400 miles from Harbors Fairy.

All the RV parks have full hook ups (hot water, free internet and electricity) they usully have a gyms and so on too. The RV park we gonna stay in Harbors Fairy has a gym, confernence roon, laundry room, a full football feld(?)not sure why I would need one:eek: they have everything you need! It's right on the Patomic river. You have everything a resort offers!

I will continue with the 4DS! I will try to catch up on personals this weekend.

Have a wonderful weeekend, everyone!

Hi Belinda and Sherry!

Belinda: Sounds like a vacationers dream! ;) Make full use of all the amenities! I would. ;)
Great job getting in your workouts even with all the traveling lately.
Be Safe on your journey!

Sherry: What's your plan for today? I am glad your knee is better and remains so. ;)

I AM SUPER SORE TODAY!!!! OI! I might call it a rest day and pick up with the plan of the day tomorrow. Disc 13
Feeling every muscle in my body this morning!!! ALL GOOD THOUGH! :)

Have a super weekend!
BBL
Heidi

Hi ladies!

Yesterday took a quick trip out of town - out early in the morning, then back later because the flight was delayed. No time for a workout, and very tiring. Today was able to just squeeze in BS and madly cleaning house only moments before my inlaws arrived. Still raining! So tired of it. Soccer tournament for DD this weekend, and still rain scheduled, so we'll be standing it in. UGH!

Belinda - That is great that the RV park has all those amenities. Once parked for awhile, no excuses for not workouts, right? A laundry close by is also a must, I'm sure (still finishing that up here, too)

Heidi - Some serious DOMS going, huh? Rest days sometimes happen on their own. Yes, I am so glad the knee is doing just fine. I'll be taking it out for a run tomorrow, dodging the rain drops as I go. Thinking about getting some more iTreads - finally have the hang of the one I have now.

OK, time to change the laundry and pay some attention to the visitors. See you all tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.