Getting Back in the Game 3/20

dianet

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

My pants are getting tight!!! This past week I was so stressed trying to get in that project done that I didn't eat as good as I normally do at work plus haven't done many workouts. So this week I need to "get back in the game" again.

Today the plan is to jog with Ella after work (unless it rains) and then do a quick toning workout when DH gets home.

Anyone have a good quick simple vegetarian recipe? I made a new recipe last night that DH and I HATED, and I was planning on making it two nights this week so we are short one dinner. I need to pick up something from the store on the way home but can't think of anything.

Hi Diane!

Here is a quick dinner but it isn't really clean. Buy a bag of the frozen cheese ravioli (or other pasta), boil them, and then add a jar of spag sauce and top w/mozz cheese and bake. Serve it with salad & bread. You'll have dinner in 30 min or less. :) What did you make last night that was so awful?

Enjoy your workout tonight!

I had a terrible headache again last night and ended up not doing anything. Tonight I'm supposed to start Mesocycle 2.

What is everyone else doing today?

Hi Ladies!

Diane, sorry you're so stressed. Hope that things are settling down a bit at work.

Dana, hope your headache didn't last too long.

Not sure what today's workout will be. Upper body is just a bit sore from yesterday's boot camp. Maybe I'll do some cardio.

Have a nice afternoon!

Thanks Dana! I do something similar for a super quick dinner, but I add soy crumbles to the pasta sauce for added protein. Our grocery store had this wonderful fresh cheese ravioli that you only have to microwave in the bag for 3 minutes to get ready so it literally takes about 5 minutes for dinner. You are right, not super clean but tasty!

The meal I made was bow tie pasta with chopped fresh tomatoes, pressed garlic, lemon zest, olive oil, and fresh chopped basil and mint. You combine all the ingredients but the pasta while the pasta is boiling and let it sit to combine, then add the hot pasta when it is done and it sort of cooks the other stuff supposedly. I think the problem was that the garlic was fresh and not cooked so was a too bitter, and there was too much lemon zest. I could try cooking the garlic for a minute first and using 1/2 the amt of lemon zest, but DH was so grossed out that he doesn't want it again.

I did try this AWESOME recipe on Sunday, I think it was from a Racheal Ray mag. It was a pizza with roasted garlic, spinach, bacon and ricotta. Sorry if this recipe is out of order, just doing it from memory. Roast the garlic for 30 min at 325 before you get started. Defrost a package of frozen spinach and squeeze the water out. Chopped up two slices of bacon and cook on med until crispy. Drain and then cook the spinach in the same skillet for a couple minutes and add some salt and pepper. While you are doing this, prep the refridgerated pizza dough. Grease a rectangle baking sheet with a little olive oil and sprinkle 1 tbs of cornmeal to prevent from sticking. Stretch out the dough in the shape of a rectangle and put on the baking sheet and let rest 10 mins. Then stretch out again to fill the whole baking sheet. When the garlic is done, mash up 12 cloves with a tbs of olive oil and spread on the crust. Then spread out the spinach, put dollops of ricotta on top of that, sprinkle with a handful of mozzarella, then sprinkle with the bacon. It said to cook on bottom rack at 425 for 15, then at 400 for 10, but mine was pretty much done after 15 min. Once again, not the healthiest but oh so yummy.

Mmmm....that sounds good! I'm getting hungry now. I don't cook much...the last thing I made came out pretty good, though. I sauteed some capers in olive oil, then put them aside, then sauteed some garlic and spinach and put it all on top of some pasta with grated romano cheese. DH liked it, or at least he said he did, LOL. I agree that raw garlic can be very sharp. I prefer it sauteed. DH likes to sautee most of it, but throw in just a little bit raw at the end to give it a little "bite", as he says. He is the cook in the family.

I ended up doing the IMAX2 blast only premix. Yikes! Maybe that wasn't the best idea the day after all that running in the boot camp class...my shins are really hurting now! Hope they settle down soon. I should go take some advil.

Hi gang.

Diane, I was going to suggest a meatless spaghetti but what you're having sounds better. I may try that other recipe someday, when I fall off the clean eating wagon. I'm doing so well, I don't want to cook anything too yummy. LOL. Did you get your jog in?

Dana, sorry about your headache. Hey, how is work? Are you still so darned busy? Did they replace your boss?

Jodi, mmmm, that spinach spaghetti thing sounds good too. I only have IMAX 2 on video, so I can't do any pre-mixes. Maybe I should use my 20% discount to upgrade to a DVD.

I did Amy Bento's ASC3 today. I really like that workout. I'm making a Mediteranean style pizza for dinner tonight. The recipe is in the newest Clean Eating magazine. It calls for spinach, caramelized onions, thyme, garlic, anchovies and olives. Hmmmm, I'm not crazy about olives, but it only takes 10 chopped. Have a nice evening.

Robin, that pizza sounds great. I love anchovies. I have been craving various foods all day...it has taken all my willpower not to spend the whole day eating!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.