GDMT Thrillin' Thursday

marcy

Cathlete
Hi Girls!

Do you believe I'm starting the thread today!

Luckily, they had a fitness room in the hotel. I did a mile on the elliptical and a little over a mile on the treadmill. I went up to speed 5 on the treadmill and went up to 1.5 on the grade. I don't know if that's good or not. I really had an intense workout on the elliptical. My HR zoomed up and stayed for an average of 153 for most of the 15 minutes. I couldn't wait to get off. I also did some yoga and pushups in the room and held a plank for a full minute. My DH finally said my abs are looking good. I do notice a bit of a six-pack emerging.

Today starts our househunting. Things are going forward with my contract so I think it will be signed within the week. If everything goes as planned, I think we'll be moving by early April (just in time for my birthday!)

Sorry I won't be joining you for the rotation but I will still be checking in with you. Things are going to be kind of hectic so it's probably going to be hard for me to follow a rotation anyway.

Hope you have great workouts today. Will try and check in again soon.

Marcy

Hi Marcy!!!:) Great to hear from you! Glad you are getting a workout in and things are going well with your house! I hope your house hunting goes well today and your dream house looks as wonderful "in person"LOL!:7

Yesterday was a rough day for me! I worked my 1 1/2 hours, came home, found out the furnace/ac/hot water heater is a 2 day job (yesterday heater and hot water were done), the elementary school called, younger DS has 99.8 and a sore throat, I go to pick him up, drive him home, pick up older DS on the way home (he's a walker and it was raining) make an appt. at the new dr. office for younger ds for strep test, go, spend my $40.00 co pay!!!, he just has a regular sore throat and viral infection. I get home, older DS is on the couch with DH and he is coughing and feverish!!!! I then spend one hour(I kid you not!) trying to find a sub for today for me (still haven't found a sub for enrichment 12-2) then I call my co teacher to let her know I wont be in, then the same call to the director. It is now 5:30 younger DS is stilllll doing his 2 pages of homework because he is reading a sports illistrated for kids while doing home work, and I realized I still did not make the cookies for DS8's valentines day party!!!x( x( x( So I start that, with DS8's help of course (so it takes longer, but he's having fun) cookies are in the oven, I realize my dinner I planned is NOT going to happen because I've got to take care of older DS and cook him soup. By 8pm I am cleaning up the kitchen (DH did clean up dinner-sandwiches) making calls to the other room mom about me not being at the party and can she pick up my cookies for the party. and I am exhausted!!! however, I still have to read to both boys and spend time with DH (who was home all day, but I hardly spent time with) As I turn out the lights for the kids I realize with every thing going on, DS8 still needs to write out his valentines cards! argggh! So we will be doing that this morning. I go to bed last night thinking, well, tomorrow has to be better! I wake up this morning at 5:15 to my older DS throwing up:eek: Poor boy:(!! Okay, thanks for "listening" I really needed that!:) I did get my workout in, LIS weights first and I added the abs at the end. (priorities!LOL)

Gin~ What workout did you do today? I'm glad we will be doing the Feb. 07 rotation together.

Have a great day!
Hopefully I will be back to check in again today,
Deanie:*

Oh, and while all this was going on, the water filter for our fridge ran out, I always order a years worth, and now we have looked all over and can't find the extra filters!!! I'm sure I ordered them mid year last year and should have at least one left!

Good Morning DMT!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I did Timesaver #2 (SB combo #3, SJP hi/lo back and core) and
then tacked on PS back. This was my last day of Timesaver and tomorrow is L&G.

Marcy--Yeah to the six pack!:) Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your house hunting and keep us posted about it! Glad you have a workout room in the hotel. LOL about the "couldn't wait to get off of the TM!"

Deanie--Oh Deanie!! I'm so sorry about your hectic day!!:-( Life as a woking mom! I did have to laugh when I read that you still got your wokrout in!! That's our Deanie!:* Hope your boys feel better soon and that you and DH don't catch it! You have to find your own subs? That stinks. That is our director's job!:)
Did I tell you that my older ds had a pitching machine and batting cage in our backyard when in HS? We just sold it on the internet, so it's gone as of yesterday. But, knowing how crazy your boys are over baseball, I thought I would tell you that.

Gin:)

Good afternoon!

Okay, my brain is officially fried! A day of movies and monopoly(I lost)! Thank goodness I have Mahjong tonight- adult conversation:)

Gin~ We do find our own subs and yes it does stink! My director actually found my sub for tomorrow though. I think your way is better. My boys would love a pitching machine in our yard!!LOL Anything baseball is good. We just bought tickets for spring training: mets vs. orioles- in Florida during our stay there:)

Marcy~ Happy anniversary!!

Have a great day!
Deanie

Hi Again!

Deanie--You are such a good mom!! I guess your boys feel better if they are able to play a game and watch movies. They are both staying home again tomorrow? Glad you can get out tonight to be with other adults. Enjoy!:) We went to Arizona a few years ago for Spring Training there. Watched many baseball games, as I remember. Fun!

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.