Gas prices

I haven't been paying attention, because I still have a half-tank of gas that may last me a few more weeks. But maybe I should fill up now!

It's $2.54 in LA area, but that's Costco price. Others are anywhere from $2.93 (Arco) to $3.09 (Mobile).

Penny

Ours in WA state is $2.35.

Do you think this is the calm before the storm?

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Yes. The local radio station DJ says that when the election is over that the prices will go up. Now, I know what he says isn't of any importance, but still, I think he may be right.

It's $2.54 in LA area, but that's Costco price. Others are anywhere from $2.93 (Arco) to $3.09 (Mobile).

Penny
Crud, that's high for the nat'l average! Here in c. IN we are paying on average $2.30... do you guys remember a couple of years ago on this forum we were all really upset and ranting because gas had reached the 2.30's/40's? And now we are happy that it's back to that price? It may just be perspective, but I think OPEC just finds it funny to screw with our heads. :confused:

Missy

Yep Janie - check out Costco. For some reason they are way lower than all other stations.

From No Calif here. We are at $2.51. I was so shocked when I shopped there on Sun. and it said $2.66.

Though I am not enjoying all the election garble, maybe we should make them wait for the votes until the end of the year so we can save a little more to spend on Xmas? :eek:

I live in Alberta, Canada about 3 hours away from the oil sands. Right now our gas is around .92 cents a litre which works to $3.86 a gallon. This is down from about $1.22 a litre in the summer. We really get taxed to death if its cheaper to get gas in the U.S when some of it's shipped from Alberta.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.