Gas prices

Tamrahan

Cathlete
A few days ago I filled up with gas at $2.13 per gallon. DH and I just got back from town and he filled up $1.97 per gallon. I wish this would last.

What are gas prices in your neck of the woods?

6449927_bodyshot_175x233_1225209263672.gif

Mine is right around $2.35. Our grocery store (Giant Eagle) has "fuel perks" where you earn money off with grocery purchases. You can also purchase retail gift cards for money off a tank of gas. We are doing a mini-kitchen remodel so I bought Home Depot cards there. I am now up to two free tanks of gas:eek:.

Carrie

I did $2.86 on last Fri or Sat. Today they were $2.61, but I won't need gas til the end of the week, so hopefully, they'll be even less. I'm about 45 mins out of Chicago, and they're always higher in this area. Where are you at for $1.97? Must be lovely!!!

Nan

I did $2.86 on last Fri or Sat. Today they were $2.61, but I won't need gas til the end of the week, so hopefully, they'll be even less. I'm about 45 mins out of Chicago, and they're always higher in this area. Where are you at for $1.97? Must be lovely!!!

Nan

We're in Des moines Iowa.
It IS nice. I just don't think it will last. :(

We get over to Rochelle usually once or twice per year. DH likes going there for the train park. (I go pretty much for the food :p) It's always a little bit of a shock to see the gas prices there.

tami

Nan

I'm in central IL and it was $2.29 today. I don't know if we'll ever see it below $2 again!! :confused:

We're in Des moines Iowa.
It IS nice. I just don't think it will last. :(

We get over to Rochelle usually once or twice per year. DH likes going there for the train park. (I go pretty much for the food :p) It's always a little bit of a shock to see the gas prices there.

tami

I'm a couple hrs south of Rochelle! Iowa is usually cheaper, we have so many gas taxes in IL! :rolleyes:

I'm a couple hrs south of Rochelle! Iowa is usually cheaper, we have so many gas taxes in IL! :rolleyes:

Not to mention Tolls. Geez they nickle and dime you guys to death don't they? We cheat and get off and take hwy 2. I think it's 2 anyway I can't remember. Anyway we get off before the tolls and take the scenic route.

Oh I also like to go over to Oregon to the Eagles Nest Store. They got cool rustic stuff in there. Ever been there?

Not to mention Tolls. Geez they nickle and dime you guys to death don't they? We cheat and get off and take hwy 2. I think it's 2 anyway I can't remember. Anyway we get off before the tolls and take the scenic route.

Oh I also like to go over to Oregon to the Eagles Nest Store. They got cool rustic stuff in there. Ever been there?

Yeah, I know! No, I've never been there! We like to go to LaSalle/ Peru area and go to Matthiasson State Park or Starved Rock and hike around. Beautiful there!!

Jess

Hmm, we just dropped to 2.39 today, I never understood why you guys are cheaper and only 45 minutes away.

Drive on over! :p It was just one station that cheap, it's been closer to $2.39 in most of the rest of the city. And milk was $2.49 a gallon, so I got a couple gallons of milk there too!

Drive on over! :p It was just one station that cheap, it's been closer to $2.39 in most of the rest of the city. And milk was $2.49 a gallon, so I got a couple gallons of milk there too!

Funny! When my son went to school there I always noticed gas was cheaper up there. Oh well, we need to enjoy it while it lasts, it will certainly go up faster than it went down.

Man is everything more expensive in California? You guys are lucky! I just saw $3.05 a gallon and I was dancing in the streets for that. I'd be trilled to have gas cost me under $3! Also it costs me $6 toll to cross the golden gate bridge.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.