Garden Burger or Boca Burger?

materialsgirl

Cathlete
For those of you who have tried both... which one did you like better? Also, is there any particular variety that you like a lot? I know these things come in lots of flavors.

The cafeteria is serving Garden Burgers today and I'm wondering if I should give it a try... ;)

I prefer the Gardenburger but I must say, Amy's California burgers are THE best vegetarian burgers I've ever had! I've served them to all of my guests and everyone has raved about them, especially the non vegetarians. I don't even really like veggie burgers that much but I must admit, I could eat these everyday!
Interested in what others think about this-
carolyn

I like Boca. Boca makes a fantastic spicy chicken also. I don't think I've tried Gardenburger. Morningstar Farms are nasty.

To me, Bocas taste more like meat - if you've given up meat and miss the taste, Bocas are a good replacement.

Gardenburgers taste more like veggie patties - you can see the rice and bits of veggies, and no way are you going to mistake it for a meat substitute.

>To me, Bocas taste more like meat - if you've given up meat
>and miss the taste, Bocas are a good replacement.
>
>Gardenburgers taste more like veggie patties - you can see the
>rice and bits of veggies, and no way are you going to mistake
>it for a meat substitute.

I agree! I eat them more as a vegetable product than a meat replacement.

Another one to try is Morningstar Farms Tomato Basil (I think that is it) brand. They are supposed to somewhat resemble a pizza burger.

Christine

>I prefer the Gardenburger but I must say, Amy's California
>burgers are THE best vegetarian burgers I've ever had!

I agree!
Though I prefer the nutty/veggie types burgers (like Amy's Cal burger) to "beefy"-tasting veggie burgers.

Hi,

I just wanted to add my 2 cents...I was at Costco and they were handing out samples of the Gardenburger...

They fried it and then topped it with salsa and shredded cheese on a cut up hamburger bun..it was awesome!

So I tried it at home...however I used PAM instead of oil, used salsa, low fat shredded cheese, and a ton of red onion (my fav!) and it was dee-lish-us!!!!! It didn't taste like a hamburger but it was kinda "meaty".

The last time I ate one I just put it on a bed of lettuce and made some oven roasted sweet potatoes....YUM!!!!

Drawbacks: I was hungry again 30 minutes later...but worst of all, the gas issue is ridiculous!...I know, TMI!!! Sorry!!!! x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.