Gals Premenopausal/A Little Testosterone?

I tried the testosterone cream prescribed by my gyn but I couldn't tell any difference on it in terms of improving lean body mass or leaning out my menopause belly. Maybe it wasn't a high enough dose. Expensive too, so I gave it up. I actually think it made my hot flashes worse and I got more crabby and depressed. Just my experience. My husband was much happier after I went off of it-he really noticed the mood changes in me also.
Beth

I wonder how many women are actually taking testosterone for premenopausal symptoms, I wonder if Cathe suffers from any of these symptoms yet?

Please note: if your hormones are fine or if you are in your 30's, it's a REALLY GOOD idea to have your individual hormones tested now. Not because there is anything wrong, but to have your levels to reference later down the road. Keep them in your desk or whatever, but in 10 years, when/if you start having symptoms you can't explain, you'll have a great place to start!

I, too, had to have a complete hysterectomy at 38, and 2 years later my one ovary that was left failed and went into early menopause. All my hormone levels were rock bottom, actually post-menopausal. I was so miserable, like Debbie.

Now I take a compounded hormone that works for me - my little magic pill. Of all the vitamins and supplements I take, you'd have to pry this one out of my hands! It's a combination of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone, compounded into one pill. I just had a physical and because of my history with cancer, I asked my doctor about the risks and he said there is not an increase of breast cancer risk until age 50. So I'm planning on staying on this for 7 more years! I guess I'll have to suffer then ..... :)

I hit full blown menopause at the age of 44..I am taking a compounded progesterone capsule and use an estradiol cream and it has been like a miracle for me. No more hot flashes, night sweats or intense mood swings. I talked to my Dr about the testosterone cream, but am still not sure if I want to go there or not.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.