FYI - Enhanced Text Editing

materialsgirl

Cathlete
I know at least one person was wondering how to get pretty text with the new forums... the good news is that it's MUCH easier with the new forums than it was on the old forums. You just have to change your forum options to enable fancy text editing. Here's how you do this:

1. Go to User CP (upper left)
2. Click on Edit Options (under Settings & Options, along the left of the window)
3. Scroll down to the bottom and under Miscellaneous Options, click on the drop down box to select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

Voila! You've now enabled enhanced text editing. Now when you type a post, you'll see a whole array of text editing options at the top of your text box. Similar to Microsoft Word, all you have to do is highlight the text you want to change, then select the options you want (font, size, color, justification, etc). You can also use the enhanced interface to insert pictures and hyperlinks. There's also a spell check feature in the upper right (a little checkmark with an ABC).

Enjoy!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Well isn't that spaycial! :eek: (although I have not figured out how to change text color--is that an option?)

Thanks Emily...

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

:D

ETA: Beavs - you change the text color by using the drop-down box on the capital A.

Thank you Emily!!!

I just had to try this out - how cool and so much easier.:D

I like this smily - his eyes move :rolleyes:

While I am at it, I am going to try and add a smiley from another site
2.gif
2.gif

Edited to say: It worked!!! yeah!!! This is really more user friendly.

Thank you! At first, I thought, "how could they come up with all this advanced stuff and then leave out all the fun texting!":cool:

I had to go back to your post a few times figure out what you were talking about:eek:. There are so many things that we can now do.:eek: :D Thank you!!! :D

Yes

Thank you so much for this. I was wondering how to get smilies into my post and thought I was pretty "dumb" for not being able to figure it out.:rolleyes::eek:

No Spellcheck in Mozilla FireFox

I was looking all around for the spell check since I have the text box set up as a WYSIWYG

So I decided to see if it was just my browser.

Saw the spell check fine in I.E

Drat! I don't like using IE
So I guess I'll go without that lil feature :confused:

Anyone know how to make the screen size smaller? It's so big, I have to scroll side to side to read posts. Most annoying.

Thanks Emily.
I couldn't figure it out on the old forums, but I got it today:D
One more reason to love the new forums!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.