Freestyle question...

win1jam

Cathlete
Hi!

Hoping to get input on this question....

What does Freestyle do for you? Just wondering why I see some women on these boards doing freestyle.

Is it to slim down? bulk up? etc. etc.

thanks in advance for any and all responses!!

Jamie

If you're "bottom heavy," like me, it will make you smaller and give you better muscle tone. If you are on the "angular" side, it will make you more defined, give you a rounder butt, but will not "bulk" you up. It's a great method for every body type.
Just Do It! :)

I slimmed down my lower waist and hips and thighs... just what it was suppose to do. Freestyle is for those women who want lean muscle, no bulk... freestyle isn't for everyone, but many of us like it.
I love the results I got from it.... Rhonda:7

When I did Freestyle for six weeks, I bulked up. Maybe I'm the only one in the world this happened to but I will never do it again. I have done much better with heavier weights and a 50/30/20 eating plan!

The reason for this post is not to be negative but just to again emphasize that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. I would not look at Freestyle as a guarantee of results but another experiment to see what works best for you :).

Hope you get great results!

>When I did Freestyle for six weeks, I bulked up. Maybe I'm
>the only one in the world this happened to but I will never do
>it again. I have done much better with heavier weights and a
>50/30/20 eating plan!
>
>The reason for this post is not to be negative but just to
>again emphasize that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. I would not look
>at Freestyle as a guarantee of results but another experiment
>to see what works best for you :).
>
>Hope you get great results!

I agree with you. Everyone has different results depending on what we try. But with all the research I have done on Freestyle. You are so far the only one I know of that has bulked up!!! But you do know what works for you now and that is what counts...:)...Carole

You may want to re-try it using NO weights. It really should not bulk you up. Could you elaborate on what you did while using this method? What exercises, how many times per week, etc.? The first time I did it, about 4 years ago, I used weights that were too heavy, and quite frankly, worked WAY too hard.

Honeybunch,

I used anywhere from 20-30 lb weights which is approx 70% of what I lifted heavy at that time. I worked my legs about .5 hour anywhere from 4 to 6 days per week using Cathe's workouts. As I recall, I used Leaner Legs, PLB, and the leg premix from Supersets, and Legs and Glutes. I also did 200 walking lunges with no weights two times per week. I won't try it again. It took me months to get the half inch off back off my legs.

I'm very happy with the heavier weights thank you very much :) Since working heavier and eating more protein, I've lost another half inch off my thighs.

I've found this is what works for me :7

I just finished my first 2 weeks of freestyle. I am getting great results in my hips and thighs. But, I am amazed at the slimming of my arms. I am only doing PUB (Up only) and HC high step challenge for my uppper body (doing each once a week).

Lisa

Lisa,
Are you using Cathe's workouts for freestyle or are you using something else? If using something else do you use light weight dumbells or are using no weight at all? I just received my freestyle book(Freestyle methods - George Snyder)and I plan on starting tonight. Do you use light weight dumbells or are using no weight at all?

Cinnamon,

I am mostly using Cathe's workouts. I like to alternate Pilates type leg workouts with Cathe's. When doing Legs & Glutes, I would just use a 5 lb dumbell (I used to use a 10lb). I am doing alot of nonweighted exercises (the lotte berk, pilates)

If using a barbell for lower body in a Cathe workout, I would have only 23 or 28 lbs.

Here is an example of my rotation:

My freestyle:

WEEK ONE
Sat: kpc/leg glutes premix
Sun : 30 min cardio coach spin + 100 lunges + 10 min soln pilates leg
Mon: PUB (up only) including abs + PLB ball part only
Tues: P90x legs (backless) and lotte berk hra (no warm up); 63 min
Wed: 30 min cardio (spin or step) + supreme pilates legs
Thurs :tlp core stregth

WEEK TWO

Sat: KM (combos + legs drills) + 10 min abs (63 min)
Sun: 30 min cardio coach spin + SS lower body blast (33 min)
Mon; SS upper body 34 min + HRA + 10 min ab solution
Tue; legs and glutes
Wed 30 min cardio + 100 lunges + supreme pilates legs
Thurs: muscle max or boot camp

WEEK THREE
Sat; hc high step challenge
Sun; 30 min spin and HRA+ supreme pilates abs + lunges
Mon: PUB (up only) and Bootcamp legs x 2
Tues: slim series firm it up + 10 min ab solution
Wed; 30 min cardio + supreme pilates legs
Thurs: supersets (or hc high step callenge)

WEEK FOUR
Sat; kpc/leg glutes premix + kpc abs (61 min)
Sun 30 min spin + lunges + 10 min solution legs
Mon: musle max upper only + supreme pilates legs
Tues: p90 x legs (back less) and ab ripper x
Wed; low max
Thurs: pub up only; plb ball

Lisa

I like what you've put together, Lisa - this is similar to what I do - lots of Pilates. Who does the Supreme Pilates Legs?

HoneyBunch,

First I have to admit that I tweaked RWattier's freestyle rotation to fit my preferences.

The Supreme Pilates machine is put out by Gunthy Renker. Ellen Croft is the lead (Mari Winsor has one of the workouts). It is basically a pilates tower. I paid $236 for the machine and 7 workouts. I have seen tremendous increase in my core strength. I really like the 20 min leg workout. I use springs attached to the tower to do leg lifts, leg circles etc.

There website has very limited info. I believe there is an informercial but I have never seen it. www.supremepilates.com

I like the machine b/c it make pilates fun for me.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.