freestyle and the firm vol. 1 w/ Susan Harris

dhcsim

Cathlete
My goal is to look lean and tone. I know that clean eating is a major part. In the past I have done the firm vol. 1 w/ 3,5 and 8 # dumbells.

Would you consider the frim vol. 1 a good freestyle w/out due to the fact that she does so many reps per exercise and that you can use whatever free weights you want?

Would it be better to not use any free weights on the lower body exercises?

When she does the pecs and bridge: I never know what size weights to use for my goal.

I am nowhere near completing the ab section of this tape. I am working on it though. The only exercises I am having defficulty on are the obliques due to the high fat content of my stomach area.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I recently loaned my original step to someone to start getting into exercise and she moved w/out any notice. Now I am stuck trying to get another one.:( :(

I do think with the high reps and low weight used this could be a good freestyle workout. Freestyle for lower body is normally 75% of the weight you normally used...so if you normally used 10 lb dumbells you might want to drop to 7.5 lbs, that is if you are working your lower body 4-6 times a week...sorry about your step....:(...

A few times I have done the treadmill for 1/2 hour then did the floor segment only of this firm w/ no weights. So doing the firm 3 times a week should be just fine for now along w/ some other form of cardio?

What about step ups? (Where you just step up on your box). I have the aerobic step cube that goes up in 2" incriment from 2-14".

Would you consider that specific exercise a form of freestyle and if so, w/ or w/out weights? How many reps per leg? How many days per week?

Step-ups are good. I'd say on a step 4-6 inches. Freestyle is basically 4-6 days a week and 4-6 exercises at 15-20 reps each. If you want to do it the freestyle way you might add one more day of legwork. Lunges are popular for freestyle as they use so many muscles of the leg. If you have not worked out much with weight then don't add any until after about 3 weeks of freestyle. Then add 3-5 lb dumbells....:)

I haven't done much of anything in a while. I'm trying to get some kind of w/out down w/ using freestyle, step ups , treadmill and maybe the firm 1.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.