Freestanding kickboxing bag

acatalina

Cathlete
Does anyone have one of these bags.
I can't get into kick boxing . I feel like i am kicking and punching air.MAybe with this i could.
I was thinking of getting a freestanding bag.
I have no idea which one to buy.
Anyone have any input?
Anne

I used to use a free standing bag and to be honest, I didn't like it much because it kept moving around when I hit and kicked it. Here is what I am getting

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...0957.694342&parentPage=family&searchId=694342

it has a strap holding the bag still so that it doesn't swing around. I have a hanging bag that does swing around and I have to keep it at my mom's because she has room in her basement for it, but I don't get a very efficient workout because I can't throw combinations, after one hit or kick I have to stop and "catch" the bag to hit it again. I highly recommend the one in the above link, of all the bags I have used it is IMO the best and favorite. My martial arts teacher has one, as well and shares the same opinion.

Missy

Hi, I would try karatedepot.com. They have lots of boxing paraphenalia. I also like titleboxing.com. If you are giong to use a free standing bag I highly recommend you wrap your hands or you WILL hurt your wrists. If this is not an option then buy boxing gloves (velcro closures).
Hope this helps,
If you need more info you may email me directly,
Suzanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.