Foxy Fusionistas - November! :)

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Hi ladies!!

I can't believe it is November already. Where is the time going?? Time to start Christmas shopping!! :)

I've had a fun but crazy busy weekend. On Saturday I did a 2.5 "beer run" with my sister and friends. It was, um, interesting. Every 1/2 mile you got to stop and sample another beer. At the end, you got a free 16 oz beer. I'm not a *huge* beer fan but I still had a great time. Yesterday I did Z-Shred #13. Wendy posted the breakdown, so I won't repeat it here. Suffice to say I made many of the same modifications as Wendy and I did all three rounds in about 24minutes. After that I tacked on 100 bicep curls (25# barbell), 100 tricep extensions (5# dumbbells) and a short session with my foam roller. My lower body and triceps are all sore this morning, so I did something right yesterday. :p

Wendy: Your weekend workouts are all very impressive! I particularly like your "homemade" workout. Intense, intense, intense!!! I don't see how you are mixing MCT workouts with Z-wow workouts. Whew, girl, you just keep going and going and going. ;) Most Z-Wows take me out!! :D I think i'm going to keep copying your Z workouts. I'll wait and see which ones you do and then i'll do them after you. :p

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

Yesterday's CrossFit workout wasn't that bad. We started with a short warm-up segment: 3 rounds of 5 burpees, 10 wall squats, and 15 pass-through shoulder stretches. After that we did OTM (on the minute) x 12. On the "odd" minute we did a power snatch + a squat snatch and on the "even" minute we did 4 back squats. I used 25# for everything (the squat snatch is HARD). Finally, we did 5 rounds of: 5 clean/jerks (45# barbell) + 10 pull-ups. Afterwards I went on a 1 mile jog with my puppy dog.

I've got another CrossFit class tonight after work. I'll BBT to report the workout. Hope you gals are having a wonderful week thus far. :)

This was in the October thread:
Nov 4th

Good morning!! :cool:

Thanks sooo much for the well wishes & prayers, they really do mean a lot to me. :)

I never got around to working out on Friday :eek:, Saturday’s workout was Bicep Builder with jumping rope & swings subbed for some of the cardio. I also subbed some tricep work. Sunday’s was Ballistic Backside with the same substitutions for cardio. I also did some hula hoping, I’m getting pretty good!! :p Sales have picked back up for me on Amazon :), that's how I justify all my purchase this year.:):p:rolleyes:

Wendy: Just reading about your workouts make me hurt!! :p :D You are a beast!! Great combos by the way, it's no wonder why the scale is being good to you.;) I really enjoy jumping rope, I have a ceiling fan in my workout room which makes it impossible to try the fancy stuff with Michael O. :(

Katie:Great workouts Girlie!! :) I looked up hip flexor injuries on the internet & they had all kinds of things you can do to relieve the pain, Hmmn, CrossFit wasn't mentioned.:p All this talk about Zuzka Is making me want to revisit that rotation, her workouts are certainly time efficient. I think I'm going to try to do 100 burpees :eek:, if I make it I'm sure that will be the entire workout for that day!!:):p:D

Nov 5th

Monday's workout was PRS#1 + arms from Turbo Barre + floor work & stretch from GG.

Wendy: Yes, I'm selling the workout dvds that I haven't done in awhile to help finance my new purchases. :)

Katie: Impressive workouts this weekend!! ;) I'm not crazy about beer either, but sometimes you have to make an exception.:p

Last edited:
Good morning!

Had a short but sweet workout yesterday at CrossFit. After a 400 meter run we did 10x3 of overhead squats (15# barbell) + wall squats. I HATE overhead squats. I could barely do them with a 15# barbell. Anyway, after that we did a 10 minute AMRAP of 15 wall balls (14# ball) + 60 jump ropes. I failed to keep tracks of how many rounds I completed but I think it was approximately 8. Because it was a short CrossFit workout, when I get home I went on a 1 mile jog and finished off with 10 minutes of core work.

This morning I did Combat 30 + ZWow 88 which was a 15 minute AMRAP of: 50 air squats; 10 forearm plank press (each side); 10 squat jumps to flying burpee (which I just made a regular burpee); and 10 side plank leg lifts (each side). I completed 2 rounds + 31 air squats.

Wiggie: Excellent workouts this past weekend!! Keep up the great work and you're going to be in a solid size TWO soon. :p That floor work from GG is no joke!!! Maybe I should revisit it soon. :D Which workouts have you sold on Amazon? I've thought about selling a few that I never use. Hehe, you're right! CrossFit is not on the prescribed "hip flexor recovery" plan. :D My problem is my hip flexors aren't so bad that I can't exercise at all, but they definitely aren't 100% either. I think i'm going to designate next week an active recovery week to allow my hip flexors more healing time. I'm only going to do light cardio + LOTS of stretching! What do you think?!?

Wendy: Hope you're having a great week!!! :)

Hello Ladies. :)

This morning's work out was brutal! :eek:

I started with the first segment of the HC work out that I am pounding into the ground until I can do it w/o dying :eek::rolleyes:....then I'll move on to the segment #2 and start all over again. :eek:

Then I moved on to MCT Week 3 Day 7....this week is all time attack work outs. They calculate a number of reps you need to complete for each of 4 exercises you did previously from the rep counts you entered. You have to complete the given number of reps for each exercises as fast as possible while maintaining good form of course! There are no rules as to how to break it up or how many/how long your rests are. That it up to you. The exercises/rep counts for me for today were Squats/120, Push ups/81, Lunges/90 and Forearm Plank Hold/210 seconds. :eek: It took me 30:49 to complete and I was dying! I used weight for the squats and the lunges of course. How could I not? ;) I fully expect to be limping tmrw! :p

Katie:: Overhead squats are hard as heck! Don't feel bad for not being able to use heavy weight! Great job! Nice job on Zwow 88!!! I've done that one twice so far and it's on deck for me again this week if you want to repeat it with me! ;)

Wiggie:: I think I already to responded to your last post in the Oct thread??? :confused: If not, let me know! :p

Last edited:
Hi Ladies. :)

This morning I did a round of Single Leg Squats, Storks and TGU's plus Gorilla Cardio Trainer Level 4 Work out #1 which was 7 rounds of 11 jump lunges (1 rep=2 jumps)/a 9 sec sprint/11 jump lunges/9 second sprint (yes, you had to do each move 2x to finish one round!) for time! :eek:

BBL!:cool:

Hello Ladies and TGIF for sure! :D

This morning's work out had my storks, single leg squats and tgu's in the warm up and then it was on to the segment of HC that I am on working on and finally ZWow #88 (for the 3rd time!). I think I will do it once more within the next few days before moving on to a new one!!! ;)

BBL or this weekend for personals!:cool:

Hello lovely Ladies!!:);)

Tuesday's workout was Meso 1 Disc 2 Back & Triceps with jump rope during rests, Wednesday's was Meso 3 disc 29 Plyo Legs & Thursday's was Firm Zip Trainer Peak strength 2 & ZPS bonus from disc 1. I have some light doms in my lower body, especially my inner thighs, yay!!:rolleyes::D:p

Wendy: Yeah, you had already responded. Those workouts sound really brutal, what's a stork again? Tgu's are really hard to me, I guess that means I need to do them.:p:rolleyes: How did you handle HC?

Katie: I think your recovery plan is excellent, but will you stick to it?:) I'll have to see it to believe it!!:p I doubt I'll make it to a size 2:eek:, but I'll keep trying!:D Great job with CrossFit as usual;), what are wall balls?

Have a great weekend!!:cool:

Last edited:
Good Morning. :)

Saturday was a forced rest day b/c I had a full schedule between working at the studio in the morning and then going up to my inlaws right after lunch and staying for dinner.

Y'day I did MCT Week 3 Day 8 which was another time attack. I divided my goal #s for each exercise by 4 and did the work out like this:

4 rounds of:
21 decline push ups
15 bird dogs
64 squat pulses ~ weighted (I did it pyramid style using 4 different weights. I started with the heaviest for round one)
17 supermans

I finished it in 19:13 minutes. It wasn't as tough as the first time attack I did. The next one is going to be killer though!

No work out for me this morning. I decided to sleep in. I'm not running the group training session tonight though so I can go work out if I want. That's what I am hoping for. It's been a long time since I've been able to participate in a group session!

Wiggie:: Ok, how did you handle cardio between sets on STS!? You are amazing!!!!!:D:eek::D A stork resembles the warrior three position in yoga only your hands are down at your sides instead of out in front of you and the extended leg is flexed aka triple extension. At the studio it's done with a dumbbell in the same hand as the grounded leg and you start standing and as you go forward into the stork the dumbbell goes straight down in front of your body as if you were doing a deadlift. When you get into the position, you triple extend the lifted leg for a few seconds and then come back to standing/reset and do it again. Makes sense? :confused:

Hello! Hello! Hello!

I'm so happy to be back. The internet was down (again) last Thursday and Friday, and then I took a short trip to Northern Ohio to visit my grandmother/other relatives over the weekend (no internet service there, either). I was able to access the Cathe website on my phone and I've been keeping up with your posts, but trying to check-in from my phone is such a pain.

Anyway, last Friday I did a ZWOW AMRAP (can't remember the exact workout number) + Crossfire triple tabata. I rested on Saturday and Sunday because I was traveling, and yesterday I went to a special "Heroes" workout at my Crossfit Box in honor of Veteran's Day. I dedicated my workout to three important veterans in my life. The workout consisted of 5 rounds of: 22 wall balls, 22 burpees, 400 meter run, 22 box jumps, and 22 kettlebell swings. The first three rounds I split the workout with my sister (so instead of 22 reps we each did 11 reps), but the last 2 rounds we each did all the reps. I think my sister was highly annoyed with me, but that's okay. I didn't feel like I was working hard enough only doing 11 of each exercise. This morning I started with an extended warmup, then did 2 rounds of tabata, then 1 segment from Lastics, and finished with my foam roller focusing particularly on my IT band and hip flexors. Lastics is HARD!! It's not your average easy stretching.

Wendy: Excellent workouts lately! You've really been hitting it hard. Perhaps a forced rest day was needed. ;) Do you feel like you've mastered the HC segment yet? I'm sticking to my short cardio + stretching plan this week but next week i've already scheduled a HC session. It's going to be tough I know!! I didn't know what a stork was either, so i'm glad Wiggie asked, lol! :D:eek::p Have fun tonight if you get a chance to participate in the group session!

Wiggie: Are you starting another STS round or just mixing in a few workouts here and there? I thought about selling my STS, but there are several discs that I really enjoy (especially for the lower body) so i'm hanging on to it for awhile longer. YAY for DOMS!! We should get a t-shirt with that saying. ;) I know I say it all the time. :) I'm trying to stick with my active recovery week, not counting yesterday's special heroes workout. To do a wall ball you stand fairly close to a wall holding a semi-heavy ball. I usually use a 14# ball (I started with a 12#, but have gotten stronger). Holding the ball in front of your chest or up closer to your head, you squat and then as you stand up you throw the ball up as high as you can. Then, you catch the ball on the way back down and use the momentum of the falling ball to go back to your squat. So you don't catch the ball and then squat; you catch the ball as you are going back into the squat. Clear as mud, right? :p

Hello Ladies. :)

This morning's work out was TOO MUCH of Horizontal Conditioning 101 October! :eek: I decided I was ready to move past the first 5 minutes finally. I ended up doing 15 minutes and about died! :eek::eek: I think I may need to remedy that little near death issue next time by doing a wee bit less! :p

Katie:: So what exercises were in the ZWOW AMRAP you did?? Nice job on the CF work out for your most beloved Veterans! :)

Good Morning.

Today's workout was a mirror of yesterday's workout: long warm-up (6-7 minutes) + 2 rounds of tabata (different from yesterday) + 1 segment from Lastics (different from yesterday) + hip flexor stretches + a short session with the foam roller. Overall, the workout took approximately 45 minutes.

Wendy: Your post yesterday made me LOL! That HC workout must be insanely difficult because you are one fit lady. Nice job pushing through but please don't die on us. It would be so quiet around here with you. :p;) What's on the agenda for today?

Hey Ladies. :)

Today's work out was Max Capacity Trainer Week 3 Day 9 which called for 33 Squat Curl Press/51 Reverse Lunge/78 Drop Squat/210 second Straight Arm Plank. I divided the work out into 3 rounds.

I followed it up with Gorilla Trainer L2 work out #5 which was 3 clockwork jumps, 8 leg lifts and 3 pull ups (I did 5 instead) x 10 rounds.

Not including warm up and cool down it all took me about 35 mins to complete.

Katie:: Nice work out but ya didn't answer my question about the ZWow you did the other day, missy! Pay attention! :p How are the hip flexors?

Hi Miss Wiggie!:)

Hello. :)

Another same-oh workout - 18(ish) minutes of warmup and cardio + 2 segments of Lastics + a session with my foam roller. I hope all this resting and stretching helps my hip flexors. I can't really get a feel for them until I try heavy squats/lunges - that's when I feel the pain now. Which really is an improvement over pain so intense it woke me up at night. I'm tired of dealing with injuries. :rolleyes:

Wendy: Oops! I forgot to check on that ZWow workout yesterday. But I did just now and it was ZWow 92 which is a 15 AMRAP of: 10 jump lunge kick-throughs; 20 plank side steps; 20 1-leg bridge toe touch (loved these); and 20 elevated mountain climbers. I think I did 3 rounds + a little extra. Those jump lunge kicks were tough! Good grief that Max Capacity trainer workout sounds hard! 4 minute plank = begging for mercy. :p Great job!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey Ladies. :)

No work out for me today. I decided to buy one instead of do one! :p

Homepage – Special Offer | Home Workout Revolution

Tmrw I'm back in the game though!

Nice job on the ZWow, Katie! Sorry about your hip flexors. Mine were killing me for a while when I was doing a Slim Series rotation and I finally figured out why. It was because I using ankle weights that were too for the floor work and was apparently over-stressing them. Once I backed off the weights I got better pretty fast. My shoulders will bother me if I push them too hard as well but again, once I back off they feel better pretty quick. I hope your hip flexors get better soon! HUGS!

Hi Ladies, I don't know if you missed me, but i sure missed you!!:) DH's checkup didn't go as well as we hoped, so it's been a stressful week.:(

My workouts went like this:
Friday-Burn it Off from Chalean Extreme
Saturday'- HIIT 25
Sunday- Perfect Butt from KBKB
Monday-Strong Push chased by Strong Pull from PowerFit Harmony
Tuesday-rest
Wednesday-Box & Jump, Express chased by Burn-all 3 workouts are from Aerobox System of Sleek
Thursday-Addiction disc 1 (heavy bag workout)

Wendy: Let me know how you like your new purchase, it sounds good, especially the price.:cool: Yesterday's workout sounds killer!!:eek: I don't know how you survived it!:p If HC 101 is killing you, then I don't need to even attempt it. :rolleyes: Doing a little cardio during the rests wasn't that bad, sometimes I didn't have time because I had to set up for the next move. Your explanation of the stork was good. I found Asylum vol 1 & 2 for 87.85 with free shipping, so of course I couldn't resist!:p:D I bet you can guess what my New Years resolution is!:D:)

Katie: I love mini vacations, glad you enjoyed it. Your Heroes workout sounds awesome, the workout & the cause!:) I'm just doing some STS here & there. I had mine up for sale but didn't have any luck.:( I'm enjoying them so I might remove them from my inventory, no one was interested anyway.:rolleyes: Thanks for explaining wall balls, sounds difficult.:confused:

Last edited:
Hey Girlies! :D

Today's work out started with a warm up with TGU's, Storks and Single Leg Squats. It then moved on to some Horizontal Conditioning (a little goes a loooong way!) and last but not least - MCT Week 4/Day 10 (4 @ 10r/50w of each of the following exercises: squat jumps with an 8# med ball, indian lift aka levitation hold, jumping lunges with an 8# med ball and tricep dips)!:)

Tmrw should be Z.

So this TT program I purchased is calling my name. I am so excited to try it but desperately trying to hold out until MCT is complete. I'm in week 4 of 12 weeks. IDK if I can wait that long! :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Today's work out::
1) Circuit Training Pro App - "Turkish Delight #1" - 2 Get Ups R, 2 Get Ups L. Wash Rinse Repeat for 5 mins. No rest.
2) 8@10/20 of kneeling SB forward rolls.
3) 10@15/35 of modified pull ups and elbow plank holds.
4) Circuit Training Pro App - "Swing Tabata" - 8@10/20 of swings. (I alternated one arm swings.)
5) Circuit Training Pro App - "Fat Burner # 1 Tabata" - 8@10/20 of full Burpees, Speed Squats, Push Ups, Mountain Climbers (on gliders).
Then I finished up with 8:30 minutes of foam rolling which is a record for me and therefore why I mentioned it!:)

Last edited:
Forced rest day for me today. I was awake in the middle of the night and therefore didn't want to get up this morning. I am working tonight so I can't do anything later. Booh. :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.