Foxy Fusionistas - May

Good morning!!

Yesterday's CrossFit workout started with a bunch of high knees, butt kicks, side shuffles, hollow rocks (HATE THESE) and supermans. After that we did back squats: 1x5@80% of our 1RM, 1x2@85%, 1x3@90% and 1x1@100%. I maxed out at 125#. Next we did front squats: 1x5@65% and 1x4@75%, 80%, and 85%. Finally, the WOD was for time: 30 pullups; 20 push press (45#); 20 split jumps; 20 chest-to-bar pull ups; 20 push press; 20 split jump; and 10 toes-to-bar.

My legs are talking to me this morning. Especially my hamstrings and bootay. :D

No work out for me y'day b/c I wasn't feeling well in addition to being uber sore from Monday morning's work out. Feeling better today so I plan to work out tonight. I will be taking a class at a small studio that I found by chance on the way to work at the gym yesterday morning. It caught my attention as I drove by it so I looked it up on the internet when I got home. Then this morning I took a ride over to drop off my resume on the off chance that they needed help and guess what...they do!:)

I am going to do a little "internship" there to learn their style (very different from what I have been doing for the past year) and then he wants to bring me on board to teach some classes and do some personal training. He wants me to choreograph a 30 min kick box class to teach! I LOVE KICKBOX! I'm so excited! :D

The gym job is slow. I was excited last week because of how many appointments I had as a brand new trainer but then this week I had cancellations that brought my sessions down from the 6 that had been originally scheduled to just 3 so far for the week. UGH. :rolleyes: I know it will take time to build but I can't justify having quit a full time job to do nothing which is why I went job hunting today. Not quitting the gym. Just trying to supplement for now and then I will see where I am kept the busiest if scheduling between the 2 places becomes an issue. I'm definitely keeping my original Mon-Thurs night/Saturday morning studio job. I love it there and that's ultimately where I want to be as long as his business gets big enough to support the $ I need to make...

In the mean time I am going to make the most of my extra free time by using it to study for my NASM exam which is only 3 weeks away! GULP!:eek:

Speaking of which, I'd better get crackin'...

Katie:: OMG you are going to be gone a long time!!!! I'm gonna miss you! :( But I'm soooooo excited for you! :D:D:D...Ok, what's a hollow rock??? :confused:

Hello. :)

I went to Crossfit yesterday after work. After the warmup we spent 15 minutes finding our 2 rep max squat snatch. Mine is 45#. Slowly moving up! :p The WOD was for time: 50 double unders; 30 handstand pushups; 30 toes-to-bar; 15 handstand pushups; 15 toes-to-bar; and 50 double unders.

This morning I went on a 3 mile run. After work I am going to open gym at the Box. My plan is to work on pullups; deadlifts; and core.

Wendy: I forgot about your upcoming NASM exam. GOOD LUCK! You're going to do great. So does the gym job pay per training session? That makes sense, but I can see how it can take awhile to work up a client base. Good thing you found the small studio!!! That sounds like a fun gig. I love kickboxing, too. If I could teach any live class it would be a kickboxing class. I hope it all works out. So, as of now, you're working at the regular studio most evenings and Saturday morning, the gym during the day when you have client PT sessions, and now ____ at the new studio? Whew, you are one busy gal! I am going to miss you, too!! I am not sure about my internet access of there, so I don't know if i'll be able to check in much. :( But I will try my very best! A hollow rock is a mean torture device. :mad: You lay on your back, put your heads overhead, point your toes and then lift your arms/feet off the ground. In theory, you should be able to rock your body. I can't seem to keep my lower back down and it hurts my back something awful.

Good morning Ladies, awesome workouts as usual.;)

My workouts were as follows:
Thu 5/15: Ignite Sculpt
Sun 5/18: Accelerate Sculpt & Cardio
Mon 5/19: Accelerate Sculpt
Tue 5/20: Accelerate Cardio
Wed 5/21 TurboCharge Sculpt
Thu 5/22 TurboCharge Cardio & Sculpt
All workouts are from The Firm Express set.

Katie: I am so excited for you!! I have kept you in prayer & they have been answered. I hope you have internet so you can keep us posted. Happy Birthday! :)

Wendy: Congrats on the new job, again!:p & good luck with the NASM. I know you’ll do great.:)

Hi beauties!!

So, yesterday at open gym I did my first 200#+ power deadlift (it was technically 205# pounds). I am so proud of myself. It took me 3 tries to get the dumb thing off the floor. :rolleyes: In addition to that I did a bunch of core work and a few burpees (just because I like them). :D My lower back and abs are super sore this morning.

Wiggie: Thank you for your kind words!! Yes, I am hoping we have internet, too. I can't wait to meet my son or daughter. I'm super impressed with all the workouts you've been doing lately. Keep up the fantastic work!!

Hello. :)

Hope you both are enjoying this beautiful Memorial Day weekend. Speaking of Memorial Day, my Crossfit Box held its annual MURPH workout event on Saturday. The workout consisted of: 1 mile run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 air squats, and a 1 mile run. Almost everyone did the workout with a partner, meaning both partners had to run the mile at the beginning and end but then could split in half the pullups, pushups and air squats. I'm still sore! Overall the event was very nice. I was in charge of registration and dividing people into "heats". It was a little hectic at times but, in the end, a success!

Yesterday my stomach was feeling a little off so I did three of the 100 rep challenges: biceps, triceps, and scarecrows. I also spent several hours working in the yard so I figured that counted for something.

This morning I went on a 3.5 mile run, then did 10 minutes of medicine ball abs and finished with a foam roller stretch.

Sadly I am at work today trying to build up time for the adoption. We leave in less than 2 weeks. :eek::eek::eek:

Today's work out kicked ass in honor of Memorial Day! :cool:
15@25/45...KB Staggered Stance Dead Squat to Row Right, then Left, Myagis, Squat with 2 arm DB shoulder press, Tube Row.
15@25/45...Reverse Foot Elevated Dead Squat Right, then Left, Renegade row with push up Right, Squat w/Biceps Curl, Ren Row with push up Left.
8@10/20...Running Mountain Climber on discs, Jump Lunges, Floor Bridge, Jump Lunges.
8@10/20...Weighted Speed Squats.

Yesterday's work out was a make it up as you go along with mini bands aka firewalker loops and an 8# med ball!
Here's what I did....
Band work::
lateral walks, external shoulder rotations, lateral squat with knee abduction, standing glute kick backs, standing shoulder abductions, ankle myagis and wall crawls.
Conditioning w/8# med ball::
8@10/20 of every pair of exercises....Full Body Extensions and squat thrusts, chops to right and squat thrusts, chops to left and squat thrusts.
Turned out to be an awesome DOMS producing work out! :D

Saturday was a rest day....Does that catch my check in slacker azz up??:eek:

Katie:: So you volunteered at the Murph challenge? Did you participate too? I'd like to volunteer at a Spartan race at some point. So how will you spend your time in the Ukraine-with your new son/daughter or taking care of "business" so to speak?

Wiggie:: Hope you had a nice holiday weekend!!!:)

This morning I did TA's Post Pregnancy Work Out - 45 min full body w/extra long focus on abs! I followed it up with 2 rounds of kickboxing intervals.

What did you ladies do today or have planned for later? :cool:

PS - I wasn't kidding when I said y'day's work out was kick azz coz it kicked my azz hard! I am SORE!!!!!!!! :)

Good morning!

Yesterday at Crossfit I did (1) back squats, 1x5@65%, 70%, 75%, and 80%; (2) front squats, 1x5@60% and 3x5@65%; and (3) a 15 min AMRAP of: (I) 200 meter run/walk holding a 15# plate overhead, 10 pullups; 20 plate jumps; and 5 wall walks. The wall walks sucked. I don't even know how to describe them...basically you start with in a pushup position with your feet against the wall. Then you walk your hands backwards and your feet up the wall until you are in a handstand (with your face towards the wall) and are completely flush with the wall. I got through almost 3 rounds in the 15 minutes (I think I was short 3 wall walks).

Wendy: Excellent workouts this weekend. I particularly like your Memorial Day workout. Tough stuff there. I have a feeling you are going to be sore for awhile. :D Yep, I volunteered at the MURPH and participated. I had planned on doing the whole workout, but another person needed a partner and I didn't want to leave her hanging. Now I am glad I didn't do the whole thing. All those pushups would have taken me out!! I have no idea how we will spend our time in Ukraine. Often the orphanage will allow you to visit your child 1-2 times per day for 1-2 hours each time. It varies depending on the orphanage and the orphanage director. Our child(ren) has to stay in the orphanage until after court, so most of our time will be spent visiting the orphanage and then relaxing/exploring in the evenings.

Hello Ladies! S.H.!.T.!;)

I wanted to do a kickboxing work out y'day but my core was ridiculously sore so I passed on it. I did, however, take a class at my future employer's studio last night....30 mins of band work....OUCHEES! :eek:

TODAY I will kickbox if it kills me!!!!:eek::eek::eek::p

Katie:: I can see why you think wall walks suck! Anything that has to do with hand or head stands terrify me! So why do you have to be overseas for so long? Is that how long the court process takes or do they want you there longer to spend as much time as possible with your child(ren) before taking him/her/them out of the environment and away from the people that they are used to? That's gotta be pretty scarey for a child who is old enough to know what's going on! Do you know yet if you are getting more then one child? Age(s)? Sex? Anything? :D I hope you don't mind me being so nosey!:p

Hi gals!

I am trying to remember yesterday's Crossfit workout. I think we started with a crab walk. Then we worked up to our 2 rep max squat snatch. Mine is still 45# and that was questionable. But hey, i'll take it!! Finally the WOD was 4 rounds of: 50 kettlebell swings and 10 chest-to-bar pull ups.

This morning I went on a 3 mile run. Then, after work, I did 2x25 deadlifts (85#); 50 double unders; 400 meter row; and a bunch of core work. I am beat!

Wendy: Your post intro is cracking me up. I often get up in the morning and have that same reaction. My upper back is super sore right now! I wish my core was sore!!! I have been really slacking on the core work lately. Now I am feeling really guilty. The whole process in Ukraine just takes awhile. After court there is a 10 day waiting period during which we could come home, but plane tickets are sooo expensive right now it will actually be cheaper for us to stay in Ukraine. We are considering it one big adventure. All we know is that we will adopt 1-3 kids under the age of 7. Right now it is looking more like 1 younger child. But we won't know for sure about anything until our appointment on June 10th. If I have internet i'll definitely keep you updated!

Good morning!! :)

Just stopping by to say hi.:rolleyes: Excellent workout Ladies!!

Katie:I am so excited for you! I know the adoption will go smoothly.

Wendy:I hope things pick up at the gym. :)

Have a great day!!

Last edited:
Good morning!

Friday was my rest day.

Saturday I did 4DS: Kickboxing/legs/abs. I skipped the last part of the leg segment due to time. It was more important to me to get to the core section. My core is flabby flabby flabby.

Sunday I did most of To The Max (only did 1/2 of the HiiT section and no compound legs). Again, time was a factor for me. I think I've gotten spoiled by my shorter CrossFit workouts. :)

Wiggie: So happy to hear from you!! We love it when you stop by. :) Hope you are doing well (all circumstances considered). You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Wendy; I saw on FB that you ROCKED a Spartan race this weekend! You are on tough lady. I must admit I am super jealous. I would loooove to run a Spartan race. Get over here and tell us all about it! ;):p

Hey Ladies!

Time to catch up! So Thursday I did Rock Out Knock Out in full. Friday I did the warm up, fitness circuit segment and cool down/stretch from x10. Saturday was the race and y'day was a rest day! This morning I did Slide & Glide in full. :)

The race was 4.5 miles of UP UP and more UP! Even when we got to go down we knew that only meant we had to go back UP again!:eek: It was super tough. They made it harder then last year from what I understand. I thought this one was going to be easy compared to the other two but it sooo wasn't! Sore as heck and bruised and scratched up far worse then the previous two! I still loved it though! Crossing that finish line is always amazing! :D

BBIAB for personals!:cool:

Today's plan is some TA, some kickboxing and driving around dropping off resumes. IDT the gym job is going to work out so I am starting the search to replace it. :( I still have the small studio as a possibility if I can get the cardio kick class off the ground but that is going to take time (the music thing is killing me! UGH!) and I need to start making more $$ sooner rather then later. :confused: Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I have some luck today! :rolleyes:

Well, off to let TA kick my azz for a bit!

BBL!

Hello! :)

Yesterday's Crossfit workout went like this:

Squat Jerk: work up to 2RM (75#), then 1x2@95%, 90%.

Clean: 2 reps (65#) every minute on the minute for 5 minutes

WOD: 3 rope climbs, 25 wall balls, 25 TTB, 3 rope climbs, 25 wall balls, 25 TTB, 3 rope climbs. I tore my fingers to pieces on the rope climbs. Very painful. :( But gosh dang I love that rope!!

Wendy - wow, what an insanely hard Spartan race! I'm so proud you did it. Maybe I'm not jealous of it anymore. ;) I'm sorry to hear the job situation isn't going well. Good luck on the search today!! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Good Morning.

Well yesterday didn't go as planned. No resume drop offs were done but they are still on the agenda for this week. I spent some time at the studio I hope to work for instead which is just as valuable as resume drop offs I'm thinkin'. ;)

So my work out was a 30 min PiYo class at the new studio in the morning and most of 4DS Kickboxing in the afternoon. I wanted to do TA but I just wasn't in the mood. I was cranky so I needed to do something that would help turn my mood around. :rolleyes:

Katie:: Wow your workout sounds intense! Did you say you love rope climbs? They have that in Spartan Races you know! :) So are you busy packing for your trip? When do you leave again?

Hi Wiggie!:)

Hi.

So I was asked yesterday to fill in for an instructor at the new studio that injured her knee so I had to put something together quickly. No choreography. Just timed cardio moves with upbeat music playing in the background. It took me a long time to figure it out and I was a nervous wreck this morning but I did it and the owner liked it! Of course there are things I need to work on/adjust/change or whatever but overall he said he was impressed! YAY! :D Once I get the "issues" smoothed out it will mean a permanent spot on his class schedule! He is looking to have me teach probably four classes to start once I am ready. Then we will work on getting me ready to do personal training for him. With any luck this will be much steadier work then the gym! Of course I know what's going to happen...Once I am ready to be put on the class schedule and start working on doing personal training the business at the gym will pick up! Good ol' Murphy's Law!!! :rolleyes: Oh well - I'll cross that bridge if I come to it! In the meantime this guy knows that the gym has to be the priority should I get appointments that clash with anything he might want me to do until I am a permanent fixture on the class schedule....

Ok, I'll shut up now!:p I gotta cook dinner but I'll be back!:cool:

PS - So my work out today was my own cardio class (I kicked my own ass! LOL) and then I stayed and participated in a Toning class that the owner was instructing. After that I came home, showered, ate lunch and took a nap! I was exhausted! Then I had to pick up DS and go food shopping. Busy day!!!

Hello ladies!

Tuesday's Crossfit workout started with 50 high knees and 50 butt kicks. Then we did Back Squats, 1x5@60%, 70%, 75%, and 80% and front squats, 1x5@60% and 3x5@70%. Finally, the WOD consisted of: 4 rounds of 5 squat cleans (55#), 10 handstand shoulder touches, and 15 burpees.

Yesterday I went on a 3.5 mile run and finished with a foam roller stretch.

My plan is another short run today and then a few fun things at Crossfit open gym.

Wendy: WTG on your first time instructing a workout class!! I am so proud of you! If I lived in your neck of the woods I wouldn't hestitate to come to one of your classes. The double bonus of getting our own workout done and getting paid is awesome. I see you've been going old school with a few Cathe workouts. ;) I've been doing the same thing! I sure love my Cathe DVDs. Have you tried any of her live classes yet? Yep, I love rope climbs, except for the tearing up my hands part. I am not sure why the rope hurt my hands so bad this time. I've done rope climbs before without problems. :rolleyes: We leave on Saturday. We're 85% packed. Yesterday was my last day at work so now I can just focus on getting ready. As soon as I post this I am going to run a million different errands then come home to get together my carry on bag. I also have to "pack" my cats and dog, who will be staying with different family members while we are gone. I also hope to get the fridge cleaned out and the closet in the baby's room cleaned out this afternoon. Soooo busy!! :)

Hey Ladies.

This morning I had one appointment at the gym :rolleyes: From there I went straight to the second studio and took back to back Zumba and Booty Barre classes (30 mins each). I was a confused, non-rhythmical, uncoordinated idiot during Zumba and just in lots of pain (quads!:eek:) during Booty Barre. All in all it was a good work out! :p

Gotta get ready for work now...BBL!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.