Foxy Fusionistas - May

ricklyk1

Cathlete
I just realized we were still using the MARCH check-in thread. Oops!! :rolleyes: I've got us back on track now. :)

I had a busy busy weekend! Saturday I ran the Derby Day 10k in 62 minutes. According to my fitbit the race was slightly longer (6.3 miles) so I ran just under a 10 min/mile. I can't say that is exactly accurate but whatever...i'll take it! :D After the race I napped for a bit and then drove to Cincinnati for a Derby party with friends. Good times!

Sunday I jumped in a cold creek for charity in the morning. Later in the afternoon I ran the Great Cake Race 5k. It was HOT HOT HOT! I seriously hate running in the heat. Despite all that I set a 5k personal record of 28:40.

I sure am happy to be back at work today so I can get a little rest. :)

Hope you had a fantastic weekend, Wendy!!

Hello Wendy! :)

More running the past two days. My IT band is killing me! Yesterday's CrossFit workout consisted of first finding our 3 rep max clean. Mine is 75# (a personal record). After that we did 1x3@95% (70#) and 90% (60#). After that we did 7 rounds of: 200 meter sprint + 10 knees to elbows.

This morning I went on a 3.5 mile. I considered running a bit longer but truly my legs and IT band are very tired from all the running I've done the past couple of days. :)

Hope you are having a great week so far!!

I am not sure which thread we are using to check-in at the moment, so i'll just post my workout report in both places. :)

Yesterday's CrossFit workout was CRAPPY! I've been having good workouts lately, so I knew a crappy one was bound to occur soon. After the warm-up we did 3RM snatch from the floor. This is one of the most complex CrossFit moves and I still struggle with it. I'm still not getting my form perfect, but it is getting better. After that, we did 1x3@95% and 90%. Finally, the WOD was a 12 minute AMRAP of: 30 overhead KB walking lunges; 10 toes-to-bar; 30 KB snatches; and 15 v-sits. I got through 2 rounds + 7 reps. I was able to do 10 true toes-to-bar (5 each round). Before yesterday the most I had done was 3. :)

BBL!

Oh cr@p. Do I keep posting in the wrong thread, Katie? I'm sorry! :rolleyes::(:eek:

Going to copy n paste my May posts here right now and then we can let March die like a dog! LOL

BRB!:cool:

Ok, here they are....

5/2:: Unscheduled Rest Day.

5/3:: X3 Eccentric Upper (good stuff!) and the first 3 days of the FB Burpee Challenge all crammed into one session - a set of 5, 10 and 15 burpees with short rests in between.

5/4:: Twenty minutes of band work for shoulders legs n butt and the twenty burpees from the challenge.

5/5:: I did a ten min core, chest and back tubing circuit, tam ab lwr body only wearing ankle weights and last but not least 8@10/20 of spd squat shldr press. It was a burpee challenge rest day.

Hi Katie. :)

Sorry for kinda goin' MIA on you for a few days there...:(

This morning's work out was Tracy Anderson's Perfect Design Series Level 2, lower body only. Yeowzas! Not only did it hit my legs and butt but also my obliques! No complaints on that one! :D I was supposed to do 20 burpees for my challenge but I forgot :rolleyes: so if I don't do them later I will do 2 days worth trmw morning which is 45 burpees!!! :eek:

Tmrw I hope to do the remainder of the Tracy video I started today...I didn't have time to finish it but I know I had at least abs and arms left to do. If I don't have 45 burpees to do, I will also hope to have time for some cardio conditioning as well!

I have some nice DOMS today from yesterday's tube circuit. Makes me happy! :)

Great work outs, Katie! Awesome job progressing on your pull ups! That's so exciting isn't it!? :D

I saw the video on FB of you and your friend laying down in that cold creek water. I had no sound on my pc so I didn't hear what you were saying but just watching you in that water made me cold! I couldn't do it. I HATE cold water!!!!:eek:

So I think I've lost my mind but it's such a damn great bargain, I couldn't pass it up! :p I signed up for Cathe's video streaming! Now I am definitely selling all of her dvds that I have! I also need to get myself a cord that allows me to play the vids on my tv instead of just on my pc. I'm excited! This could get me back on Cathe bandwagon! :)

That's all for now.
BBL!:cool:

Hi Katie! :)

So y'day's work out was 45 Challenge Burpees, TA Perfect Design Series 2 abs and waist work and TA Precision Toning non weighted arms plus one tabata round of heavy swings and lunges.

This morning was 3 rounds x 10 reps per exercise of the following UB circuit:: DB row right, push ups, DB row left, shoulder press, then 30 Challenge Burpees, and TA Precision Toning Butt segment wearing ankle weights. YEOWZAS - Burpees seriously almost took me out! PUKE STATUS!!!!:eek:

BBL to chat! :cool:

Hey Katie,

Are you foam rolling your IT band before and after your runs? You should be! You'll be much better off if you do!

Running 10k at just under a 10 min mile pace is fantastic! You go girl! :D

So the Derby party was fun? My FIL went to one this past weekend. I will see him on Sunday so I can ask him how it was! :) We can compare party notes!;)

I can't believe I have only 1.5 days left here! I'm soooo excited! The big boss was showing my replacement around this morning! I'm hoping they will tell me later that she is ready to start so I don't have to come in tmrw but I know it probably won't happen. :rolleyes: I should have made today my last day but it's too late now. :(

So I think tmrw I will give my first Cathe streaming video a go! I just don't know which one to do! Soooo many choices! :eek:

Hello Ladies!!

Not much to report as far as workouts go, though I did participate in 2 races. The Cooper

River Bridge(10K) on April 5th & a 5K during the Rose Festival on May 3rd. I am

working out here and there just not as consistently as I have in the past. I have been

reading your post now and then, just didn’t feel like posting myself. Hopefully you

guys can motivate me to do more.

Katie: So sweet of you to think of me, I guess I’m doing as well as I can under the

circumstances.:)

Last edited:
(((WIGGIE)))

Just finished my work out!:D

15@20r/30w -
Split Stance Squat and Shoulder Press R
Split Stance Squat and Shoulder Press L
Double Arm Band Row
Goblet Squat
Double Knee Disc Tuck

THEN I did...
TA Precision Toning Legs wearing ankle weights

and last but DEFINITELY not least....
TA Precision Toning Abs!

YEOWZAS!!!!:eek:

PS- Each Precision Toning Segment is 15 mins long.

Good morning!!

Sorry to disappear on y'all this weekend. Friday was super busy at work and then I spent the weekend at a cabin on the lake with friends in celebration of my upcoming birthday. We had such a good time. I had planned to run Saturday morning - even got dressed and in the car - but it was pouring rain. And it continued to rain until early afternoon. So I ended up not running Saturday...or at all this past weekend. Oh well!

We hope to know our official adoption travel date by the end of this week. I am constantly checking my email (the Ukraine adoption ministry mails the date to our dude in Ukraine who then emails the information to us). We could be leaving in as early as 2 weeks or as long as another 4-6 weeks. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later. Things are not looking good over there.

Wiggie: It's so good to hear from you! We've missed you! Please take as much time as you need. We will be here! And if there is anything you need feel free to lean on us. Great job running not just one but TWO races!!! You are definitely an inspiration to me.

Wendy: So you are officially out of the law firm, correct? YIPPEE!!!!! So what is your schedule going to look like now? Do you start at the new gym today? What an impressive workout yesterday. You go girl!!!! I also love the fact that you are doing a burpee challenge. I will let you in on a little secret, I like burpees. That is crazy talk, I know. I still find them extremely challenging but also sorta exhilarating. Now I REALLY sound like a crazy person. :D I do roll my IT band frequently but frankly not as often as I should. I am going to try to do better with that. PROMISE!

Hello!

Yesterday's workout started with a crab walk and a bunch of stretches. Then we did 5x3 mid-hang squat clean at 80% of 3RM (60# for me). Finally, we finished with a 15 min AMRAP of: 50 kettlebell swings (26#); 8 wall balls (14#); 50 Double Unders; and 100 single jumps. I almost got through 2 rounds; I think I was shy about 13 reps. This was my first time actually doing double unders in a WOD. I am just now figuring out how to do them. I am still very slow, but that's okay! :)

This morning I went on a 6 mile run. I am trying to make up mileage since I failed to run at all this past weekend. You would be proud of me, Wendy, because I foam rolled my IT band after my run! :D I may try to do another foam rolling session along with abs and pushups this evening, but we will see about that. :D:rolleyes::p

Hope you gals are having a great week so far!

Hey Katie & Wiggie too if you are reading this!:)

Second day at the new job down. Very happy so far!:D

This morning's workout was
3x thru the following circuit::
Med Ball Chops Right-Center-Left (10 reps in each direction)
Plank Hold with Alt Triple Extensions (15 sec hold per leg)
SB Bridge (30 sec hold)
... then...
12@20r/30w of::
Heavy Lunges and One Arm Swings
and last but not least...
TA Precision Toning Glutes with ankle weights on!
Can you say FIRE IN THE BIG HOUSE!?
(Forgot to do my burpees though...GRRRR)

And yesterday's work out was X3 The Challenge and half of MMX. Also-no burpees. :(

Tmrw is YTBD but I'll be sure and keep ya posted!;)

Katie - So in as early as 2 weeks you could meet your son/daughter?? :eek: How exciting! That's so wonderful! :D I had to LOL at you referring to the person who will email you this information as your "dude". Who exactly is this "dude"? :p Does he work for the adoption agency? Yay for rolling your ITB! It will definitely help if you stick with it! I had some very painful trouble with my inner thighs right above my knees and some persistent rolling put me on the road to being pain-free so don't blow it off!:) Double unders? HAH! CAN.NOT.DO.THAT.AT.ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Wiggie - I hope you get back to regular workouts and posting soon b/c I'm selfish and I miss you! Take all the time you need though. (((HUGS)))

Have a great night!:cool:

20@15/30::
Split Stance Squat and DB Shoulder Press R
External Shoulder Rotations with Band aka Band Pulls
Split Stance Squat and DB Shoulder Press L
Kettlebell Dead Lifts...
Med Ball Lift & Chop (alternating sides each round)
8@10/20::
Med Ball Lift & Chop R
Med Ball Lift & Chop L
8@10/20::
KB 2 Arm Swing
Walking Mountain Climber

Good morning!!

Tuesday's workout was Ignite Cardio & Sculpt & Wednesday's was Ignite Sculpt. They are from The Firm Express set that I bought a while ago for 23.00. They are 20 minutes each & are surprisingly good. I missed you Ladies too! :)

Katie: I have been praying for everything to workout re the adoption. So glad things are heading in the right direction.:) Great job on your runs & the double unders! I just cannot do them.:eek::rolleyes:

Wendy:Congrats on the new job! Great workouts, your energy is endless! This made me smile. I hope you get back to regular workouts and posting soon b/c I'm selfish and I miss you! Take all the time you need though. (((HUGS)))

Have a great day Ladies!!;)

Last edited:
Hello!

Yesterday's at CrossFit we started out by working on handstand holds (up against the wall for now), light cardio, and stretching. Then we did 5x3 snatch (35#). And finally we did 21-15-9 of burpees and dips (I finished in 4:55). Because the workout was on the shorter side I also added on 72 drop-set pushups and 10 minutes of core work.

I got up this morning to run but it was pouring outside. Not good. So, I think my plan is to try to run near my office after work. I am supposed to go with DH and friends to a thing called Thursday Night Live (live band, food trucks, beer vendors, etc.) and I hate to run before that but I am not sure what else to do. I brought deodorant and baby wipes! :)

Wiggie: $23.00 for a workout series?? DAAANG! That's a good deal! I am glad you are enjoying the workouts. And I am glad you're back! Of course, you feel free to check-in as you feel up to. But we always love hearing from you.

Wendy: Impressive workouts! Keep at it! :) Yeah, the "dude" works for the adoption agency. ;) Our agency has several people working in Ukraine, including three facilitators. Each adoptive family is assigned to a specific facilitator. Our facilitator is a guy named Serge who I have a bad habit of calling the dude. I hope I don't call him that to his face when I finally meet him! So, what is this burpee challenge you've got going on? I secretly love burpees.

Here is yesterday's Group Training work out at the studio that I actually got to participate in (instead of teaching it) for the first time in ages!!!!! LOVED IT!!!!!!:D

Circuit #1:: DB Lunge R, DB Lunge L, Push up-lateral crawl-push up, Goblet squat w/overhead press, plank with alternating triple extensions.

Circuit #2:: Split Stance Squat & Chop, Half Kneeling Double Arm Row, PU position slide reach, KB deadlift, SB half kneeling forward roll.

Conditioning #1:: Spd Squat with shoulder press.

Conditioning #2:: Jump Lunge, Squat Thrust, Med Ball Slam, Squat Thrust.

Today may be a forced rest day as I have a busy day ahead of me...

Wiggie:: Happy to see you getting back in to your work outs and posting again!

Katie:: The burpee challenge is supposed to be to do an assigned number of burpees each day but I haven't done them in a week! So much for that!:( Look at you all hardcore planning a run before a social event! If deodorant and wipes are good enough for the Cathe Roadtrip then they are good enough for Thursday Night Live! LOL So how'd it go? :)

Hi gals!

Good news!! We received our appointment date for the adoption - June 10th. Which means we will probably fly out around June 6 or 7. It will take a good 24 hours to get over there and we want a few days to acclimate. So we will be leaving in a little over three weeks!! :D:D:D

Now to my workouts. :) Friday's CrossFit workout started with a 400 meter run and stretches. Then we did back squats - 4x4@80% of our 1RM. Then we did front squats 4x5@75% of our 1RM. We finished with 5 rounds of: 1 min max effort handstand pushups; 1 min ME double unders; 1 min ME toes-to-bar; and 1 minute rest.

This morning I went on a 3.5 mile run, then did 72 pushups, 10 minutes of medicine ball abs, and a foam roller stretch.

I've also decided to postpone my half marathon. I am very disappointed, but think in the long run it is for the best (no pun intended).

Wendy: What a fun workout!!! I'm going to have to add that one to my list. Glad you were able to enjoy yourself instead of having to teach. Well, as enjoyable as a workout can be. ;) The event on Thursday went great!! A group of us went to dinner first and then sipped on drinks while listening to a fun band. No worries on the burpee challenge. I don't know if you ever noticed but I failed out on the pushup challenge last month. I kept forgetting to do my assigned number each day and then it added up so much that I decided to throw in the towel. :rolleyes::p

Yday was a rest day as expected. Today was TA Precision Toning in full! 15 mins each of arms, legs, glutes and abs hell!;)

BBL for personals!

I went back to the studio to work out again this morning! Here's what we did::

Reverse foot elevated squats, perfect push ups, sand bag squats & spider man push ups = circuit # 1
Squat chops, forward/backward plank drag, kettlebell pick up & band row = circuit # 2.
Jumping jacks with the battling ropes and forward crawls with sliders on hands = Conditioning # 1.
One arm swings & forward/backward bear crawls = Conditioning # 2.

Hi ladies!

Whew, what a weekend. Saturday was my 30th birthday so I celebrated by travelling part of the Bourbon Trail with my family. It was so much fun! Sunday DH and I went into cleaning/preparing mode. We have so much to do over the next few weeks! I officially booked our plane tickets today - we leave June 7th and will be home sometime in late July.

My workout this morning wasn't much - a 3.5 mile run before work. I had hoped to get in some abs/pushups this evening but it ain't gonna happen. I am going to go foam roll my IT band right now.

Wendy: Sounds like you've been busy lately. Excellent workouts!!! What in the world is a battling rope? Sounds dangerous. And yet oddly fun. :p;) I hope you are enjoying the new job! Let us know how it is going when you get a chance.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.