Forza Tape

KathyL

I just bought a tape called "Forza" (written up in Fitness magazine) which is a fitness workout using samurai sword training features (uses a wooden sword). The creators have several tapes out under the name of Powerstrike. The presenter on this tape is Ilaria Montagnani, who is a black belt in a martial art. It's supposed to be great for shoulders, chest and back (Illaria's upper body looks great). Has anyone ever tried this?

Hi Kathy!

What issue was this in? I subscribe to Fitness and must have missed the article on Forza but would like to read about it. Sounds interesting. But where would you get a wooden samurai sword? Actually, my husband is 1/2 Japanese and we have an authentic samurai sword but something tells me not to get any ideas where it's concerned, hee hee :D ! Anyway, please post more about the tape after you've tried it. What are some of the other Powerstrike tapes and where do you get them? Thanks in advance for the info! :)

Lorrie,
It was on page 13 of the November issue of Fitness. In that article they gave a contact of where to buy the tape and wooden swords, which was www.innovare.com/avfitness or 1-800-293-1864.

After I got the tape, I saw the creators had a website, which is www.powerstrike.com.

I did try it briefly this morning, but must have turned wrong and tweaked a back muscle, so I am sidelined on it for a few days. It looks good, though. Quite repetitive (which I like)arm movements, nothing tricky. Although it highlights the upper body there are enough lunges to make it a pretty good leg and cardio workout. If I could get upper body definition like the lead woman has, I would be ecstatic!
Kathy

Thanks for the info Kathy, I'm going to check into this tape as well as the powerstrike website. Sounds like a nice variety to the video collection (although I can't help but picture myself as a John Belushi skit... "Samurai Exerciser"...)

Sorry to hear about your back, don't you hate when things like that happen just as you're excited to try something new?!!? Best wishes for a speedy rebound! :)

Lorrie

I too cut out the article and went to the supplied website. I can't resist a new toy!!!!
I could find no reference to the sword type tapes. All that was listed were martial arts videos. There was no mention of the Forza sword aerobics or the sword. I even used thetsearch function which came up with "no matches".
Where did you find the tape and the sword?
What did I miss on the website?????????
Also- there are some comments at video fitness regarding the absolutly terrible production quality of this video. They ranked it as the worst production quality ever. Poor sound (could not hear the instructor) and weird camera angles. Did you find this?

Debbie,
You can get the tape and swords at www.innovare.com/avfitness or 1-800-293-1864. I also couldn't figure out how to get it from her website.

Be warned, the production quality of this tape is probably the worst the world has ever or ever will see. Looks like a 7-year old with a home movie camera did it. However, I think the workout may be worth it. And the moves are so repetitive that once you get the hang of it you can just follow along. Also be warned that the "audience" in her class are mostly showing terrible form and she doesn't correct them. You need to just watch her and try to tune them out (I don't know why they are even shown).

Let me know if you try this. Her arms are awesome.

Just wanted to report that I did the Forza tape - 1/2 hour one day and 1/2 hour two days later (the tape is one hour). It was fun, and seemed to mostly affect my shoulders (which I would like to build up)and back. I wonder if I could use MIS for shoulders and back, then do a Pure Strength for chest, biceps and triceps along with this tape each week - any opinions?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.