@forum admin: Any updates on the Perfect 30 pixeling issues in the blender on low quality?

aqua girl

Cathlete
Just wondering if you have any updates on this pixeling problem on these? (or whatever you call it) None of the other
workouts & their chapters do this even on the low quality which I always use....on these, it's so bad that at times you cannot even see the girls' facial features....just looks like a white circle with what appears to be hair around it......When the last
couple series' went into the blender (just using as an example) they did not have this problem. Is this something that can
be tweaked or redone? Thanks for a reply. I keep blending workouts, but I can't do them like this....but I would like to
know before I delete them all.

Hi aqua girl, As of right now I think the problem you're having is caused by cached files on your device. Here is why? Initially, the first set of chapter files we uploaded all had encode issues, so we replaced them. I know you love to make premixes so I assume you started making your own premixes in the Workout Blender before we replaced the bad files. Unfortunately, many of these bad files are probably still cached on your computer or device. It's also possible you could be accessing a different cloud server of ours than I am and this cloud server could also have some older cached files on it. So, the trick is to get your computer/device to replace the bad cached video files with the correct ones. I too saw this problem on my computer at first, but I forced it to release the cache by playing the bad chapter until I got an error message. This forced my computer to contact the cloud server for the latest file and solved all of my problems. I thought you said you tried this fix? Can you clarify if it didn't work or only partially worked?

Also, If you have chapter videos that are still messed up can you try the trick I mentioned earlier and let me know if it solves your issue? You may need to do this for all three quality level video files for each chapter.

Lastly, can you give me a complete list of all the Chapter video files that are not playing properly for you? I have tools on my end that I can use to force the server to clear its cache. This may or may not clear the cache on your device, but we can at least know the cached server files are correct.

After we complete this step we can then look at any problems you may still have making premixes. I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get this fixed.

Ok, I think we are kind of talking about 2 different type things now.....The chapters do not seem to be doing that
Jumping all around as before. They play all the way thru' , I don't get error messages......It is just that the
video is not clear at all. They are "grainy" looking.....like I can see tiny "pixel" boxes flashing lightly
all over the screen....not jumping. just lightly flashing which makes the video picture not clear at all.
Even if I blend one now, it's the same....but they all play. This is on low quality, medium quality isn't
quite as bad but still not a totally clear picture like all the other workouts in the blender..... and I can't use
high quality, due to a slower internet,but low quality works perfect, a beautiful clear picture on all the
other videos.........all this is true whether I am in the workout blender thru the website on my Chomebook
laptop or using the app on my ipad. I don't use the OnDemand section to play videos too often, because
I have all the dvds.......but I think in OnDemand, they do not have this problem....You can go into my
blender library and see the ones I have done.......believe me, there isn't too many chapters in all of them
that I haven't used one place or another. I don't know how else to explain it now, they just have a
very unclear, grainy looking picture. I am not sure, but I think one of the other series' had a similar
problem at first, until you all "tweaked" something to clear them up, maybe Ice? I can't remember...
but I know the last several went in fine. Let me know. Sorry for all this, but I don't think this is on
my end. I clear cache, force close app on ipad each time after I use it..... As another example, last
night I blended workout using Perfect workouts together with chapters from other workouts, like in
Lite, Step Boss, etc and when it plays, like if I am in a chapter from PHA 3, which is crystal clear on
low quality, then when it goes to the next chapter which might be one from a Perfect workout it's grainy & unclear, not jumping,..... just grainy & unclear. Hope all this helps

Hi aqua girl, ok, I understand what you're saying now. The reason the chapter files are different this time is we normally use Adobe Media Encoder to make the files that we use for our streaming site. The main Perfect30 workout media files were made as usual using Adobe Media Encoder and should be fine. However, this time when we made the chapter files using Adobe Media Encoder, like always, all of the files had major issues and we had to replace them using different encoding software made by Apple. I think the new files work fine, they just need to have some settings boosted to improve the quality. It will take may a few days to do this, but we will do this as soon as we can.

Oh, THANK GOODNESS! that is encouraging....I even was googling what makes
Videos have pixelation and look grainy....hope it's soon, cause I really can't use
The ones I have blended until they clear up.

Hi aqua girl, we've already re-uploaded all of the lower and medium quality chapter videos. It may take some time though for the former cached videos to completely go away.

Last edited:
Hi, back with a report! :). I have done 3 of my new blenders, and they are 95% better. I say 95% because some of the chapters still have some pixelation when
They begin, but it clears up pretty good within a few seconds. Perhaps, as you said, over time that will disappear. They certainly are doable now, and I really
Enjoyed what I have done so far.

Hi aqua girl, I think you will find that the few chapters that have some pixelation at the beginning are just the remnants of the older cached files. The older cached files will eventually go away and be totally replaced by the newer files.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.