For those women who were using supplements...

Amni

Cathlete
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant with #2 since November but with no luck. I;m thinking maybe because I;m taking certain supplements -- Betagen (creatine) and CLA (conjugated lineoleic(sp?) acid -- it may be inhibiting conception. I'm just wondering if any of you pregnant women were taking supplements when you conceived?
Thanks.
Patricia

Hi Patricia,
It's Tricia! (Nope, mine's not short for Patricia, but I get that alot!)
Sorry, I digress...I wasn't on Supplements when I got pregnant, but I was doing Meal Replacements as part of the Body For Life program when I found out in January '02 that I was pregnant. And as far as having problems, I didn't have any. We started trying for a baby in November '01 and by the end of January I was pregnant. (To be honest, I was sure at first that I was dying from the Flu since the doctor told me it would very possibly be 6 months to a year before I could conceive. I was coming off the pill and so I never expected to get pregnant that quickly!)
I don't know how similar the meal replacements are to Supplemental pills, but I hope this helps and gives you encouragement. Do you think there are other factors (such as a prolonged use of the Pill) that could be causing a delay?
Don't give up hope!!

Tricia

I wasn't using supplements but tried conveiving from Last May until December. I was getting convinced I had fertility problems. I am now 8 months pregnant. Once I started temperature charting, I got pregnant within 2 months. My problem was that I didn't ovulate regularly, the month I got pregnant I ovulated about day 32 of my cycle. Have you done temperature charting? Also if you haven't already get the book taking charge of your fertility, it is really informative. The problem may not be the supplements at all. Also discuss with your doctor if you haven't already.

Patricia
I was using betagen and CLA up until about 4 days prior to conceiving. DH and I decided on a whim to try and get pregnant. We were previously going to wait another couple months. When I figured out I was fertile that week we went for it and I quit taking the EAS supplements. I wouldn't think they would do anything. But it may not hurt to stop and see if you have better luck.

Sending lots of baby dust to you:) *~*~*~*~

edd 2/16/04

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.