For those who run outside...

Shelley, I'm following you around working on my post count!! LOL!!

You can use the tool Shelley suggested or you can buy a GPS for around $100. I use both!! I got my Garmin Forerunner 201 GPS from Amazon.com for $89.99.

>Shelley, I'm following you around working on my post count!!
>LOL!!
>
>You can use the tool Shelley suggested or you can buy a GPS
>for around $100. I use both!! I got my Garmin Forerunner 201
>GPS from Amazon.com for $89.99.

Elaine,

I have been looking at the Garmin Forerunner 201. How do you like it ? I read some reviews which said that it's not so great if there are lots of trees around. I run on a trail which has trees on both sides. I am just wondering if the GPS will be able to pick up any signal. Do you find it bulky on your wrist ?

I have a garmin 301 and love it. It has zoned out in very very wooded areas but I seldom run in wooded areas. I have been able to keep track of my heart rate zones,pace,distance and calories burned with mine. It was worth every penny@!

I use a pedometer. Also, I will drive my car on my route to cross check it and see if it's accurate. Or, if I want to know ahead of time. It works fine for me and my pedometer can be used all day, so I can have other goals to get in extra steps. For instance, if I want to walk 10,000 steps a day. I'll be motivated to run out to the car and grab the forgotten lunch box instead of asking one of the kids to do it. I'll play these little games to top yesterdays step total. It's fun!
Heather

I know how fast it takes me to run a mile. I just time myself and that way I know how many miles I've run!

I have a set route that I take every day though, and I know by tracking it with my car that it is 3 miles. If I want to run more, I run it twice.

I have a Garmin 201 & love it!! Although I don't run in a wooded area so I can't comment on that, I rarely have troubles w/ signals. It's awesome & now I can't imagine running w/ out it. I love knowing my pace/ distance/ time/ cals burned for my runs. It's like wearing a bigger watch, doesn't bother me at all. The newer 305's are much smaller & have more options on them but are pricier! HTH!

Hugs,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.