For those who have the new bench/step from the SH tapes

Lannette

Cathlete
I'm a cardiac rehab nurse and also do employee fitness.
I'm thinking about buying the bench/step that is shown in the SH tapes for our exercise room.

If you are using this step could you tell me how you like it? Does it feel stable in all positions?

Can you use only the topper? In other words, does the topper have slip resistant feet or pads on the bottom?

What are the potential heights that it can be adjusted to.

I found a website that carries it but it only gives a 15" measurement. When I called the website's customer info I was told that the platform alone measured 20" high and that the blocks each add 5". I found that very hard to believe (the 20" platform part) after looking at several pictures and seeing it in Cathe's videos.

Last of all do you think the club step with extra blocks would be just as good? If you have both how do you compare them?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me. We're a small rehab and I have to make our dollars stretch as far as possible. (Saving for an elliptical trainer next year.)

Lannette

Thanks Connie,

The one site has the bench at a 20.00 savings but there is no more information than I had before. I'd still love to hear from anyone who actually has this bench.

Lannette

I have one

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-01 AT 10:00AM (Est)[/font][p]It's a great step...I like it a lot. I use the platform alone (5.5") for stepping. Each set of risers adds another 5", so the highest it can go is 15.5". I work out on carpet and the only thing I'll stay about stability is that at the 15.5" height, it did not feel stable enough for step-ups. But I have a 14" Firm tall box for that so no biggie. On a hardwood or cement floor I think it would be stable enough. They don't recommend it for step-ups anyway. It has EXCELLENT stability for strength work (i.e. laying on it).

Where it is really superior to the regular step IMO is in the incline position for abs. It also comes with a foam-padded handlebar thingie that you attach under a riser and can use to hold onto with your hands for lower ab work or to hook your feet under for regular ab work.

I still have and like my regular Step Co. step for the greater flexibility of heights. I'm sure there will still be occasions when I'll need a 4" or 8" step and I can't do that with the new one.

Hope that helps!

RE: I have one

Thank you Pam! This is exactly what I wanted to know. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Lannette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.