For those who do HIIT and Cathe workouts...

lesliew

Cathlete
Would you consider the bootcamp cardio section in Kickmax to be HIIT? I'm planning a HIIT rotation for two months and aside from running sprints both outside and on my treadmill I'm looking for other ways to get my intervals in. I don't have a functioning bike right now, so I was wondering if there are any Cathe cardio workouts you'd consider HIIT. I was thinking of doing the bootcamp cardio in KM and jogging for a minute between each drill. Waddya think?

Hi. I absolutely LOVE the bootcamp blast challenge in KM. I have taught myself how to endure it 2x through!! However, this is not a "true" HIIT workout. While your idea of jogging in-between the blasts is a good one, maybe to make it more up-down (like in HIIT) would be to actually stop your DVD player and walk for a period of time and then turn it back on and do another blast. A good rest in-between the blasts would be one-two minutes to actually let your HR fall--that's the idea of HIIT. This is the reason the blast challenge is not HIIT...your HR never actually falls down low enough. Hope this helps! :)

>Don't forget the Imaxes, these are all HIIT.

While they are interval workouts, they aren't true HIIT (except, perhaps, the blast-one premixes, maybe with some breaks, as Krisfitness explained above.

Thanks Kathryn! To make the Imaxs a "true" HIIT workout (which I actually like the idea of trying :) ), you would have to pause your DVD player and walk to allow the HR to come back down. The workouts, even blasts only, are more interval-style b/c the HR really never falls low enough. Give the suggestion of walking for one to two minutes to see how you like the HIIT workout. I am sure you will find this very challenging, not to mention very exhausting!! Take care.

Kristen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.