For those of us who are uncoordinated...

zellybelly

Cathlete
I have been a Cathe fan for a long time (I own all and I mean all her weight DVD's) BUT I have never been coordinated enough to do her step videos - I have read the description on the presale (and ordered it) but do you think the "choreography" will be too much for someone like me? Basically I have always been a runner, biker, ellptical kind of gal, what do you think?

Hi
I think that with all of Cathe's step workouts there is definitely a learning curve but if you are persistent, you will love them. If you have never done step before, you may want to to begin to learn step with her more basic step routines. THE Athletic step workouts although very intense , the choreography is not difficult to learn.

Last edited:
Zellybelly, I am also very uncoordinated and do not typically enjoy traditional step workouts. However, "athletic-style" step workouts do not have the learning curve of dancier step workouts and don't require the same amount of coordination. The moves are usually pretty simple (not easy) and you don't have to think so hard about what you're doing. Only one of the STS Cardio DVDs is a traditional dancier step workout. I figured all of the rest were worth it, so I preordered.:D

As soon as I heard about this new program I immediately went looking to see how much step workouts were going to be in it. It doesn't seem like much so I'm ok with it. My favorite step dvd is Basic Step ha! I'm trying to learn Low Max at the moment, but I'm still struggling a bit. I said last week that I don't like step aerobics after trying out Low Max and that's not it so I retracted that. I just need to take the time to practice the steps so when my cardio days come up I'll be at least half ready for them and not wasting my time. I view IMAX and Low Max while at work or during downtime at home so I can learn the names of the steps and how to put them together when Cathe shouts them out.

Hi
I think that with all of Cathe's step workouts there is definitely a learning curve but if you are persistent, you will love them. If you have never done step before, you may want to to begin to learn step with her more basic step routines.

ITA!

I'm determined to learn Cathe's stepping style so I'm going back to the beginning. I'm currently mastering Cardio Hits/ The Classics.
I am going to learn them by the year they were produced. I can see how Cathe's basic steps keep building into the more intricate foot work. It's much easier to go back to the beginning.
I've just mastered Step Heat, and Step Jam. Some of the outfits and Cathe's phrases like "Cool, That's hot, Woo Hoo" are pretty funny:D

I'm not a step fan at all, I might give the Athletic Style step a shot, but overall, I just don't enjoy step, but I did not hesitate to pre-order, the rest are SO worth it. And I just read they will probably package these dvds separately since they plan on selling them individually, so I figure I can trade or sell the step dvds if I don't like them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.