For P90 & P90X users

judejude

Cathlete
Anyone know if there's a difference between P90 & P90X ? Is P90 for losing weight, trimming down and is P90X for pumping up?

I've heard that you can buy the workouts individually, but I've searched around and not been able to find anyone on ebay or fitness boards offering that. I'm pretty sure the P90 people don't offer it.

Thanks all !:7

P90 and P90X are very different (do a search for P90X here, and you'll find quite a few threads).

P90 (Power 90 --it's a 90-day program) is 4 (?) different workout (two weights, two cardio) meant for beginner/intermediate.

P90X (Power 90 Extreme) is an advanced workout system with 13 different workouts. Its upper body work and core work are excellent: effective and efficient (moreso than Cathe's IMO) and the rotation that includes weights, cardio, core work, yoga, stretching, is very well thought-out and developed.

I know of many people (myself included) who got excellent results with P90X and improved their upper body strength and muscle tone better and faster then with other home workouts.

Beach Body products can only be purchased new through BB, with a few exceptions (some are available at Target, but I haven't seen P90 there). P90X is harder (think Cathe's hardcores) than P90. The production value is also far superior to P90. P90X also breaks the strength routines up, and has (I think) 12 different dvds. P90 has 6 workouts (2 cardio, 2 sculpt, 2 abs). That said, I've tried both, and I don't click with Tony Horton. If you search hard enough on the BB website, you can find the workouts individually, but I don't remember where.

Thanks. I'll keep looking. If I find the shoulders & arms p90X one, I'll get it cuz that's the only one I'm interested in. It looks like P90 dvds method is to follow a specific diet & regimen. My sched is pretty tight so I'm luck if I can follow Cathe's rotations in the right order & consecutively.

but I've heard good things about the shoulders & arms one, so I'll keep searching.

THANKS. I didn't even think about what equipment might be needed so that's good to know.
That's just another reason why it would be better to be able to purchase individual dvds as opposed to the enitre set.

Can someone describe what these items are?

(1)push-up bars, (2)pull-up bar or (3)workout tower?

Is a pull-up bar one that you put between a doorway and pull yourself up on? What about a push-up bar and a workout tower?

Thanks, I am relative new to working out with weights.

Elln

>Can someone describe what these items are?
>
>(1)push-up bars,

Two bars with feet, that you hold on to to keep your wrists straight when doing push-ups.

You don't need these, as hex dumbbells can be used for the same purpose (and Tony shows this).

(2)pull-up bar >
>Is a pull-up bar one that you put between a doorway and pull
>yourself up on?

Yes.

>>>(3)workout tower?

A workout tower is a big, free standing frame that allow you to do pull-ups and ab work.

When I started P90X, I didn't have bands or a pull-up option, so I just substituted heavy 1- arm rows (alternating sides with each set) and pullovers for the pull-ups and chin-ups.

Then I got the B-line bands from Beach body (the three heaviest ones) and their door attachment, which sucks. So I got a door attachment that can go in the top of the door, and be safe, from www.sissel-online.com .

I am on the P90X rotation. You can do the classic, lean or the one with extra cardio. I am doing the extra cardio (3x's a week) and incorporate spinning, a Cathe step or circuit with low weight. I am not that strong in the pull up area, but it is an EXCELLENT way to lean out your back. I do have a pull up bar, one that fits the door called "The Door Gym":

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...76-9199901?v=glance&s=sporting-goods&n=507846

I am sure you can get this at eBay or other outlets cheaper, but it holds up to 350lbs and will not ruin your door. It is that sturdy. Also, if you do not have a pull up bar, Tony shows resistance bands,

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...99901?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

If done properly, will give you the same results. I alter between pull ups and the resistance bands and have seen that back fat "leaning out". I know you know what I mean. ;-)

If you have weak wrists for push ups here are some bars:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ding=UTF8&n=3375301&s=sporting-goods&v=glance

One thing about this program is that it has yoga, and yoga has helped me tremendously in the push up area.

I do not have a workout tower, no place to put that, but I think you can get by with a pull up bar.

over at the yaya's board, there are always people selling P90x tapes separately. It's on the swapmeet board.

HTH

take care:)
Gloria

P90X rocks...great for getting more upper arm strength. I did the rotation as it was stated and later on I just did the strength tapes and I use cathe's cardio because I think they are better. The yoga tape is tough too...hardest one I have and its 1 1/2 hour long.

Tina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.